Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Casanova: Acedia, #1

In "Casanova: Acedia" #1 by Matt Fraction, Fábio Moon, Michael Chabon and Gabriel Bá, Casanova Quinn is working in California with no memory of who he is just as the end of the world approaches.

Full review here.

One of the best comics of the last ten years is back and nobody is talking about it.

I thought this was a fantastic return. The art and writing were both top notch, and I'm really intrigued by where this is going. Anyone else read this?

Astonishing Member

I love Casanova. LOVE Casanova.

But one of the benefits of the long break between volumes is that some of the immediate 'need' to read the next issue is gone. It's a bit like highly addictive drugs -- once I start, I can't stop.

So I'm waiting for this volume to be done - not collected, necessarily, but wrapped up - so I can read it all in one go.

All-New Member

I'm going to give it a chance but I didn't read any of the other 3 so I'm totally lost. I don't have the money to go buy them all right now either. I'm going to continue with Acedia and see how I like it, though. I've heard great things about the whole Casanova saga.