Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Well, this thread is getting weird. How about some spoiler-tagged details?

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Well, this thread is getting weird. How about some spoiler-tagged details?
    Just some quick important bullet points. Highlight to see.

- Doc Green tracks down Lyra
    - They fight
    - He planned to send her back to her proper time-line, not depower her.
    - Something goes wrong and she's sent somewhere unknown with a lot of tentacles.
    - Hulk's AI has betrayed him and is growing it's own Banner android.
    - It seems Doc Green will eventually lose his intelligence, the AI did all this as a fail safe.
    - Doc Green destroys the Banner Android and the AI vanishes
    - It's uploaded itself into a SHIELD sleeper agent of some sort.
    - Doc Green wants to find Lyra and track down the AI.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Astonishing Member

Now that sounds like an interesting turn of events.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    Sorry, Isn't this a ''spoilers'' thread? Not that I consider my post spoiler-heavy or anything like that.
    Your right. I just saw the Preview Headline. I guess I need to stay away from the boards until I read the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    - Something goes wrong and she's sent somewhere unknown with a lot of tentacles.
    ]
    I seen too many animes to know where this is going!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreen View Post
    Your right. I just saw the Preview Headline. I guess I need to stay away from the boards until I read the issues.
    If you can do that, you're stronger than many of us. Publish your secret discipline recipe, at your convenience.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

This is a great series of Hulk, much better than "Indestructible"! Gerry Duggan is a good writer! And with Bagley it`s a good team, like Waid and Samnee on DD......#11 is great, what a twist at the end!

Jon

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    This is a great series of Hulk, much better than "Indestructible"! Gerry Duggan is a good writer! And with Bagley it`s a good team, like Waid and Samnee on DD......#11 is great, what a twist at the end!

Jon
    True that. Also, it puts a new spin on the Frankenstein/Jekyll/Hyde dynamics of the Hulk: first, Banner creates a monster and now, his monster created a monster of his own.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

True that. Also, it puts a new spin on the Frankenstein/Jekyll/Hyde dynamics of the Hulk: first, Banner creates a monster and now, his monster created a monster of his own.
    Yes, that too, good point DB! I saw it a bit more as like a Brainiac style nemesis for the Hulk and was waiting to see if anyone would come knock that as an idea for its similarity...

Jon

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Just read it! Great stuff. I can't wait to see where this is going, and it's hard to predict what's gonna happen!

Lyra fans, don't worry: she's not depowered. She seems to be in a lot of trouble, though, and so does Doc Green. He got a lot more than he bargained for.
    Maybe I wanted her depowered. Just because you get to read it before the rest us doesn't mean you have to spoil us.
    And before you say why did I get on here. Your post was toward the people who haven't read it yet. Me!!!!!
    Is it odd of me that I read your exchange in the voices of the characters you named yourselves after? Beyond that, spoilers:
    I am utterly relieved that Lyra hasn't been depowered yet, but like Songbird/Diamondback said, "I've seen enough anime to know where this is going." Well, someone can make a fanfic of that, at least.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Awesome issue. Great twist - did not see that coming at all. Looks like Hulk is really going to have his hands full!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Is it odd of me that I read your exchange in the voices of the characters you named yourselves after? Beyond that, spoilers:
    I am utterly relieved that Lyra hasn't been depowered yet, but like Songbird/Diamondback said, "I've seen enough anime to know where this is going." Well, someone can make a fanfic of that, at least.
    end of spoilers
    LOL. It's not odd at all.

So, about Lyra's fate:

spoilers:
    Did Doc Green send her to the wrong world by mistake, or has Femizonia been destroyed in the incursions and she just ended up there by default? Is this addressed in-story?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    end of spoilers
    Don't look at me! Only fanfics I deal with involve blueberry gum!

BANNED

Well, here is my thoughts on Hulk #11.

All in all, I thought this was a good issue.

It would appear everything that Doc Green has created is backfiring. The Doc Green Artificial Intelligence going rogue and turning on Hulk/Doc G was definitely a very interesting twist. The A.I. was Doc Green's fail-safe while Banner was supposed to be the A.I.'s fail-safe. Was a bit creepy seeing that synthetic Banner... reminds me of the T-100 and the Superman villain Brainiac. It also makes me wonder if Doc Green & Banner will have to set aside their differences in order to ensure Armageddon doesn't happen.

Not sure how I feel about Doc Green slowly losing his intellect. I just hope we don't return to the growling, snarling, one-dimensional beast that was forced upon us in Waid's run for 2 years. If Doc Green loses his intellect, that'd be a excellent opportunity for the Gravage/Green Scar/Green King Hulk persona to make a permanent return. That persona of Hulk should never have left, as it was Hulk at a progressed state of being. I think most of us can agree that we want a Hulk who's powerful, nigh-indestructible, cunning, indomitable, unstoppable, an excellent fighter/combatant, and has a personality.

I was disappointed that Lyra didn't factor much into the story. Thankfully, she wasn't depowered. Still, it irks me that Skaar was stripped of his genetic heritage, yet Lyra wasn't. I can only hope that by the end of Omega Hulk, Skaar and the others will have their Hulk forms again. After all, we still don't know what that other code is in those adamantium nanites. It could be a fail-safe that causes the nanites to detonate, thus releasing Hulk's blood and ceasing the repression of their Hulk transformations.

It would appear that the Gamma Corps will be fighting alongside Doc Green against SHIELD forces and possibly Avengers in the next issue. Makes sense, since they've been on the run from SHIELD since the events of World War Hulk. It'd be awesome if they also help Doc Green find & rescue Lyra from that dimension she was left in thanks to the A.I. going rogue.

Speaking of the A.I., I wonder if that's Deadpool's true mission. Hunt down and eliminate the Doc Green A.I. that's in one of those SHIELD LMDs?

It could be argued that Doc Green isn't the villain of this story. I believe it will be the A.I., Red Hulk, and SHIELD who are the real antagonists of the story. More or less, it looks like it will be Hulk/Doc Green against the World scenario. I mean, he's pretty much alienated everyone, with the exceptions of a few like Iron Fist, Gamma Corps, and his assistants.

It's looking pretty grim for Doc G/Hulk. I just hope this is the wake-up call he needs to allow him to get in better touch with his Hulk side. He needs to set aside science, and do what the Hulk does best... SMASH and CONQUER. Infinite strength/power, cunning, an indomitable will, an indestructible body, and one of the best healing factors in all of comics is all the Hulk truly needs. This is especially true of the Green Scar/Green King/World War Hulk persona/incarnation.

This should be Hulk/Doc Green's motto/objective in life.

EAT.

SLEEP.

SMASH.

CONQUER.

REPEAT.

That's all I've got to say on the subject.

Oh, and we learned the fate of Dr. Lucenstern. She's fine. Apparently Doc G just let her walk free... even after the Order of the SHIELD ordered her to shoot Banner repeatedly in the back of the skull. Yeah, that's all.