Arrow
    Gotham
    Constantine

Upcoming shows are
    Izombie
    Supergirl
    and
    Preacher

Going forward the TV shows seem to be branching out and featuring less popular heroes and indie properties.

The DC movie slate has so far just been
    Man of steel

but the upcoming movies next year and the following year are
    Batman V Superman
    Suicide Squad
    Wonder Woman
    Justice League PART 1

Right now it seems like the movies are going to completely overshadow the television shows based off hype alone
    What's more important for DC to prioritize right now?

Marvel is doing well on building their franchises like avengers, guardians of the galaxy, inhumans, x-men and fantastic 4. Dc probably needs to create more franchises to compete with Marvel. For tv, heroes is coming back and there could be an x men tv show. Dc is planning a Titans tv show. For tv, I hope dc can do a JL tv series on CW. Dc probably needs to build its teams like Outsiders, Infinity Inc, GL corps, 21st century Legion, Gen 13, Doom Patrol, Challengers, New Gods, Blackhawks, Birds of Prey, etc. I agree with more vertigo since vertigo is more interesting.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 01-30-2015 at 08:41 PM.

Astonishing Member

Both are equally important. DC has lost out a decade with all these marvel properties popping up. X-men, FF, Spider-Man, Avengers. Now DC needs to rapidly make up for it by increasing its branding. They need to put up their less known properties on TV and focus all out on their biggest guns in the big screen.

Both.

Anyways, add these to your list of TV shows:

Announced/Under work: Titans, Static and Krypton
    Vertigo: DMZ, Scalped, Global Frequency and Lucifer

Ton of animated stuff too!

Each medium targeting different demographics - this way we will have something for people of different ages; TV shows targeting Young adults and teenagers (mainly, with the drama and such).

Various animated products targeting kids and adults. Movies, I presume targeting everyone
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Probably movies. They can just generate so much money not only from ticket sales but from all the things that movies can spawn from merchandising and other media. It can reach a lot more people, namely kids, than many of the TV shows collectively can. They are going all in with both TV and Movies though.

Dc should try a Birds of Prey movie with Batgirl, Catwoman, Huntress, Black Canary and Lady Shiva.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Probably movies. They can just generate so much money not only from ticket sales but from all the things that movies can spawn from merchandising and other media. It can reach a lot more people, namely kids, than many of the TV shows collectively can. They are going all in with both TV and Movies though.
    This. And with movies, D list characters can become A list characters in a short period of time. Case in point Iron Man and Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    This. And with movies, D list characters can become A list characters in a short period of time. Case in point Iron Man and Captain America.
    Huh?

When were they "D list characters"?

Movies because with TV shows they hit a stride and they seem to know what they are doing but with film its still a lil wobbly compared to Marvel's head start.

Plus TV works better when left to its own devices so you dont have to micro-manage as much which is why Arrow/Flash/Constantine had a stronger start than AOS (to me atleast). An issue is crossovers but DC has thousands upon thousands of characters so you could always find a good stand in for anyone (like smallville with GA instead of Batman) so you shouldn't have to bend over backwards to bring them together( just being practical)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Huh?

When were they "D list characters"?
    I wouldn't say they were D list but if they were definitely on the low end of the B list, or high end of the C list. The X-Men, Spider-Man, Hulk, and Punisher were all more popular among the general public than they were. People often forget that the opinions of comic book fans don't represent the opinions of the public at large. This is why it's nearly impossible to predict a character's success on the big screen by their popularity among comic book fans. It's about the movie, not the characters sometimes (so that one guy on this site who predicts Wonder Woman will break a billion dollars at the box office should settle with more modest expectations, just in case lol).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Movies because with TV shows they hit a stride and they seem to know what they are doing but with film its still a lil wobbly compared to Marvel's head start.

Plus TV works better when left to its own devices so you dont have to micro-manage as much which is why Arrow/Flash/Constantine had a stronger start than AOS (to me atleast). An issue is crossovers but DC has thousands upon thousands of characters so you could always find a good stand in for anyone (like smallville with GA instead of Batman) so you shouldn't have to bend over backwards to bring them together( just being practical)
    Marvel had a plan that could have failed miserably but there was a plan at least. Besides, they had nothing to lose. DC seems to have been shooting from the hip at first. Now they have a plan but it's late so it they have to rush a bit more than I'm sure they'd like to in order to catch up. They were smart enough to jump on the tv market the way they did. That seems like effective counter programming. They're going to grab the audience who wants more superheroes after seeing a good movie but can't find anything good from Marvel on tv. I'd say both tv and movies are important to DC but the former is going to pay off more quickly. Movies can only be done every couple of years and limit the stories that can be told and the characters that can be introduced.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I want them to do both, but movies always trump television shows so I want DC/WB to kick major-league butt on the silver screen.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?