Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Submit Your X-Position Questions for Si Spurrier

Si Spurrier is the next guest for X-Position, and CBR wants your questions for the "X-Force" scribe.

Full article here.

What's next? That's all i need to know.

Mr. Spurrier,

Cable obviously has a long, rich and convoluted history, especially concerning his powers and current health (TO Virus or lack thereof). Do you feel that there has been writing inconsistencies when it comes to Cable? Do you feel that you've contributed to those inconsistencies? For example, Cable's techno-organic arm was blown off back in Cable and Deadpool #10 when he fought the Silver Surfer (writer Fabian Nicieza), then again when he saved X-Force at the end of Second Coming (Craig Kyle & Chris Yost). Yet in Cable and X-Force and your current X-Force run, his original arm is still there (at least until he cut it off). How do you address those things?

Sorry to see you leave X-force. I've enjoyed what you've done and Phantomex's rise of evil was believable and awesome in its own right.

What's next for you? More X-men? Something creator owned? I hope to see your work again.

Hello Mr. Spurrier, I have 2 questions:

1.) Any plans beyond X-Force for Marvel projects?
    2.) Dr. Nemesis I liked your handling of the character how did you enjoy writing him? I'll miss his witty remarks once the book ends.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I really enjoyed your X-men Legacy run any chances of you writing the character Legion again?

All-New Member

Si,

With your departure from X-force, I don't have a question per se, I simply wanted to thank you for the vision you and artist Rock Kim brought to this "season" of the title, especially Cable, The inner monologue of Nathan entering to the sound of Vader's Theme on the hunt for Volga was a fantastic mental image that set it OFF! The way he told the other mutant leaders to get out his way, Fantastic! Dennis Hopeless started Cable back to fighting trim, but you brought him IN SWINGING as a Bad Ass, Snake Plisken meets Solid Snake hybrid! The art too had a unique Gamer graphics quality that translated to this title in the best way! I also really enjoyed Doc Nemesis and only wished I could of seen a rematch between him and Forge in the Battle Bot vs. Bio-monster throw down in the previous "season"! The rapid fire, Robin Williams-LIKE(RIP), Stream of consciousness dialogue made this book memorable and unique! Thanks again, SI and art Team!

Incredible Member

How long before you start another X-book?

hi Si, will you be involved in anything Secret Wars related? Also please write Chamber again, your interpretation of him is kinda bonkers and yet still true to character!

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

what possibly can be asked that doesn't have anything to do with the post-Secret Wars landscape?

Hello Mr. Spurrier,
    I've enjoyed your series so very much and am sad to see it ending. You've set up a nice coda to the concept of a death squad comprised of heroes but do you believe there's still room for an X-force in the marvel universe? What do you envision their mission would be if it continued? Also do you mind sharing with us how you picture the characters moving forward from here? I understand it's not up to you so maybe consider it a 'What if?'. I can't wait to read your next project.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Not that my answer will be chosen anyways. Onto my question. Had X-Force lasted longer. Would Domino had received a spotlight issue? Also would had any of the younger X-Men like Surge, Indra, Loa joined X-Fotce down the line?
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    Mr. Spurrier,

Cable obviously has a long, rich and convoluted history, especially concerning his powers and current health (TO Virus or lack thereof). Do you feel that there has been writing inconsistencies when it comes to Cable? Do you feel that you've contributed to those inconsistencies? For example, Cable's techno-organic arm was blown off back in Cable and Deadpool #10 when he fought the Silver Surfer (writer Fabian Nicieza), then again when he saved X-Force at the end of Second Coming (Craig Kyle & Chris Yost). Yet in Cable and X-Force and your current X-Force run, his original arm is still there (at least until he cut it off). How do you address those things?
    Hope healed him at the end of Avengers: X-Sanction and that's how he got his original arm back.

As for questions, Mr. Spurrier, I just want to know if you can tease what's next for Cable after this series. That's all I really want to know. Thanks.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Hi Simon,
    I've completely relished your three X-Books so far, (Force, Legacy and the mad and wonderful X-Club) so thank you. Any chance you might make me a very happy fan-girl and write a new Excalibur? Perhaps with some of the characters who you've so beautifully written cameo parts for before like Meggan, Wisdom, Chamber or Pixie. Thanks again.
    "Self has no time for this."

Amazing Member

Dear Si Spurrier

Will there be any chance during post-Secret Wars that the X-Men would recruit Animax (Blake Schiel) from "X-Men: Battle of the Atom" to their side? Because she has a really cool mutant powers which I think they would benefit from.

Also is there a possibility to elevate the character Armor (Hisako Ichiki), because I haven't seen much of her lately, and it's a shame because she can be a very awesome character to have around
    Last edited by Silentman87; 02-05-2015 at 08:28 AM.