Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 567
  1. #316
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Where does all this trial talk come from anyway, is what I don't get. How many horrible crimes are there in this universe, and how few trials?

    As a founding father of the Marvel Universe explained, most of the horrible things people do in this universe aren't even crimes under the legal system (which is one reason why superheroes, not cops, are needed to fight them):



    Wanda's exile from the comics is a worse punishment (particularly for her fans who never got to read about her for years and years) than most heroes turned bad, or villains, ever get.
    Actually, the Fantastic Four recently went on trial for everything they've done.


  2. #317
    Extraordinary Member AcesX1X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Where does all this trial talk come from anyway, is what I don't get. How many horrible crimes are there in this universe, and how few trials?

    As a founding father of the Marvel Universe explained, most of the horrible things people do in this universe aren't even crimes under the legal system (which is one reason why superheroes, not cops, are needed to fight them):



    Wanda's exile from the comics is a worse punishment (particularly for her fans who never got to read about her for years and years) than most heroes turned bad, or villains, ever get.
    if she's so innocent and her alibi is so solid, then you should have nothing to fear! the avengers once hunted magneto to the ends of the earth to stand trial for his crimes and he did! let the witch stand fair trial.

  3. #318
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    There was very little craft involved when you conveniently don't include a major reveal of the story you are using as a source, which is Darker Than Scarlet. Immortus was behind her behavior because he was planning to attack the Time Lords.

    There was no transition in Bendis's story to even justify her sudden attack. That would have been a "perfectly crafted story" The only trigger was Jan mentioning her children. Wanda had come to terms with that long ago, even after Agatha had her memory tampered with.

    BTW, whoever said a while back that Agatha had been dead for centuries better read some Fantastic Four where she was introduced and was Franklin's nanny during the Lee/Kirby years.
    It was a wonderful Greek Tragedy.

  4. #319
    Libre. People Of The Earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paris.
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    Yes, I do. He brought her hate bubbling to the surface, otherwise she would be walking like an automaton. These are HER feelings.
    So after challenging the notion of "possession", now you are challenging the notion of "mind-control"...
    I mean, you can try and work whatever angle you feel the need to, at the end of the day the result will be the same: it wasn't on her.
    The Life Force possessed her thanks to Doom.
    Red Skull mind-controlled her thanks to Xavier's brain.
    If she had to stand trial, she would be found innocent.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."


    "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

    "No justice, no peace."

  5. #320
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    15,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    I just know how mind control and hypnotism work at Marvel, and I just Wanda to get off Victor's back.
    Victor is just fine with that. I really don't like the fact that Heinberg used Doom to fix Bendis's sloppy writing but he's not going to go for trial for anything. The whole case is unprovable in court anyway. If I looked someone in the eye and said "Why don't you drop dead" and then they did drop dead, without me touching them, what crime could you charge me with? Now how about if we weren't even in the same room? Or the same city? The same state? The same planet?

  6. #321
    Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Where does all this trial talk come from anyway, is what I don't get. How many horrible crimes are there in this universe, and how few trials?
    I would love to read a series where she hulk and daredevil prosecute the so called heroes of the marvel universe and have them actually face the consequences of their actions

  7. #322
    Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Victor is just fine with that. I really don't like the fact that Heinberg used Doom to fix Bendis's sloppy writing but he's not going to go for trial for anything. The whole case is unprovable in court anyway. If I looked someone in the eye and said "Why don't you drop dead" and then they did drop dead, without me touching them, what crime could you charge me with? Now how about if we weren't even in the same room? Or the same city? The same state? The same planet?
    Just because in your opinion something is unprovable in court is not a reason to prevent the case from going to trial

  8. #323
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    15,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    Actually, the Fantastic Four recently went on trial for everything they've done.
    That's the Quiet man manipulating things. It all will most likely be reversed eventually and they will find the real murdurer of Phillip Masters. Probably QM did it.

  9. #324
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    So after challenging the notion of "possession", now you are challenging the notion of "mind-control"...
    I mean, you can try and work whatever angle you feel the need to, at the end of the day the result will be the same: it wasn't on her.
    The Life Force possessed her thanks to Doom.
    Red Skull mind-controlled her thanks to Xavier's brain.
    If she had to stand trial, she would be found innocent.
    I don't think so. There was actus reus (witnessed by all the xmen and avengers and strange and all of genosha) and mens rea (established by Emma, and objectively affirmed by her sharing that info with Scott at the moment). I don't think any court appointed psychologist would buy her insanity defense or "possession" defense. Kavita Rao needs to administer the Cure, and Danger needs to shove her in the brig.

  10. #325
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    15,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Just because in your opinion something is unprovable in court is not a reason to prevent the case from going to trial
    What would the charges be? Do people go on trial for using chaos magic or witchcraft?

  11. #326
    Extraordinary Member AcesX1X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Victor is just fine with that. I really don't like the fact that Heinberg used Doom to fix Bendis's sloppy writing but he's not going to go for trial for anything. The whole case is unprovable in court anyway. If I looked someone in the eye and said "Why don't you drop dead" and then they did drop dead, without me touching them, what crime could you charge me with? Now how about if we weren't even in the same room? Or the same city? The same state? The same planet?
    it's not for you to decide what's permissible in the court of law or not. save it for the actual hearing and see if the judge will throw it out on your recommendation. or volunteer to be her counsel. either way, don't block the path of a fair system.

  12. #327
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That's the Quiet man manipulating things. It all will most likely be reversed eventually and they will find the real murdurer of Phillip Masters. Probably QM did it.
    Doesn't matter. They had their day in court, and raised no real defense. It was sad. Wanda would be just as unprepared, and all you'd have to do is get her on the stand and get her talking about mutants. she hates mutants so much, that she married a robot.

  13. #328
    Libre. People Of The Earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paris.
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    if doom wants to testify on scarlet's behalf at her rightful trial for the genocide of the mutant race, then he is more than welcome to.
    Would he bow to a subpoena though ?
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."


    "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

    "No justice, no peace."

  14. #329
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Would he bow to a subpoena though ?
    Probably not. There goes her weak "demonic ritual" alibi. Plus, he'd never be admitted in court due to the difficulty of establishing his identity.

  15. #330
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    Let's cool the "Wanda = Hitler" hyperbole, okay? Any further posts comparing fictional superheroes to Hitler will be deleted.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •