Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 567
  1. #361
    Spectacular Member Nimrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Yes i would love to see a series like that. In fact i want all Avengers and X-men that were inverted during Axis to stand trial. After Axis i want them all to face charges, otherwise they all come off as a bunch of hypocrites, and basically their so-called heroic actions mean absolutely nothing. As a matter of fact it is time to ask the question who in the heck job is it to hold these heroes accountable for their actions? Have the Living Tribunal put them all on trial.
    Boom. I think the living tribunal is dead, but look at Steve rogers after civil war. he handed himself over for a trial. that's being a hero. taking responsiblity for your actions no matter what, and he was right. tony was a dick.
    Peter rasputin went to jail (but escaped so i guess it don't count). cyclops would have stood trial if given the chance of a trial (a fair one)
    i can't remember but i don't think wanda even showed remorse. does that make her a villain?
    I am the ultimate hunter, come from the future to destroy you.

  2. #362
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Justice would have been Wanda being in allowed to appear in comics between 2005 and 2011, so justice will never be served.

    Would a trial story have been fun? Sure! Much more fun than her being out of the comics. Just stop getting so angry that you don't always get the story you wanted. It would be like me spending all day pouting and yelling about all the Wanda stories we were cheated out of after House of M.

    As a certain lovable mutant explained to Luke Cage, sometimes people don't stand trial and you just have to let it go and move on, because courts aren't set up to handle magic anyway; if someone's abusing magic, the demon lord tribunal needs to handle it. Ask Dr. Strange to report her to the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth.

    All this says to me is that wanda is implying that she uses magic to make certain she never has to take legal responsibility for her actions. Has she been subtly affecting the MU justice system all along, so that only people she hates (Starfox) face justice and ones she flirts with (Longshot) don't?

  3. #363
    Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Out of my cage; doing just fine
    Posts
    4,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You obviously didn't read this earlier post....



    I've read comics long enough to know you don't always get want you want. I just use this quote from Hickman whenever someone points out all the crazy stuff associated with Doom.

    "There have been various takes on Doom over the years; some are much more sinister and some are much nobler. If you look at your big time villains in the Marvel Universe; your Dooms, your Magnetos and even Galactus, someone will always write a redemptive story for that character. Someone will always write the story where the guy goes over the cliff and kills an entire town," Hickman said. "It just depends on what your take on the character is. My take is that Doom is incredibly egocentric and an inherently flawed megalomaniac, but there's a bit of nobility there and for some reason he cares for certain things a whole lot. Like his people, his nation and Val."


    Whereas Hickman wrote "All Hope Lies in Doom" I just say to myself "Trust in Hickman" and don't let the rest of it bother me. I liked most of Heinberg's CC except tying Doom in with Disassembled. Not to go into too much detail but the timing is off considering what had happened in Fantastic Four. But at least Heinberg planted some doubt that was expressed through Wolverine when he said he thought Doom was lying to protect Wanda. He really needed to protect Wanda from Bendis.
    Doom wanting to depower mutants doesn't make sense. And since Wanda supporter love to use that as an excuse, I don't think Doom did it beccause "it's not in character". As you said, Wolverine said it quite clear that Doom could have easily taken the blame. This makes a million times more sense: He gets to brag, he protects his pride (since if he was in control, he wouldn't have trounced himself as he did in HoM), and he saves face over his whole love affair with Wanda.
    Lol, when Doom does something OOC "Oh, yeah, totes Doom, not Wanda, Doom busted the Anti-Mutant Genocide". When Wanda does it (Backed by 2 events Diss/Hom) "Nah, she's OOC, she's not to blame".

    Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    Boom. I think the living tribunal is dead, but look at Steve rogers after civil war. he handed himself over for a trial. that's being a hero. taking responsiblity for your actions no matter what, and he was right. tony was a dick.
    Peter rasputin went to jail (but escaped so i guess it don't count). cyclops would have stood trial if given the chance of a trial (a fair one)
    He served jail time until the killing of mutants (in his jail alone) was accepted.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

  4. #364
    Libre. People Of The Earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paris.
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Yes i would love to see a series like that. In fact i want all Avengers and X-men that were inverted during Axis to stand trial. After Axis i want them all to face charges, otherwise they all come off as a bunch of hypocrites, and basically their so-called heroic actions mean absolutely nothing. As a matter of fact it is time to ask the question who in the heck job is it to hold these heroes accountable for their actions? Have the Living Tribunal put them all on trial.
    SHIELD is supposed to do that, keep them in line and accountable.
    But when they do, people complain about their presence in the comics.
    Never mind the writers jobbing them/ making them the villains.

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    if doctor strange claims her as his demon apprentice, then he should be hauled in front of the judge as well.
    Did you just call Wanda a demon ?
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."


    "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

    "No justice, no peace."

  5. #365
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post


    Did you just call Wanda a demon ?
    Her children are demons.


  6. #366
    Extraordinary Member AcesX1X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,753

    Default

    i consider scarlet to be a monster.

  7. #367
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Doom wanting to depower mutants doesn't make sense. And since Wanda supporter love to use that as an excuse, I don't think Doom did it beccause "it's not in character". As you said, Wolverine said it quite clear that Doom could have easily taken the blame. This makes a million times more sense: He gets to brag, he protects his pride (since if he was in control, he wouldn't have trounced himself as he did in HoM), and he saves face over his whole love affair with Wanda.
    Lol, when Doom does something OOC "Oh, yeah, totes Doom, not Wanda, Doom busted the Anti-Mutant Genocide". When Wanda does it (Backed by 2 events Diss/Hom) "Nah, she's OOC, she's not to blame".
    If you want to just say that the genocide is out of character for both, and the real culprit hasn't been revealed yet, I'm down with that.

    What you're saying though is that Wanda did it, and that just doesn't make any sense, because she had even less motivation than Doom (why would Doom want to commit mutant genocide? to grab hold of all the power released when the mutant powers were removed; to get back at Franklin Richards; whatever - at least you can think of a reason why he'd do it, while there's not a single in-character reason for the Scarlet Witch to do it). But if you agree that out-of-character actions are not relevant, then I welcome you in joining me in not blaming Wanda.

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i consider scarlet to be a monster.
    Which is sad, because someday your favorite character will be trashed by the writers, and then you'll consider that character to be a monster.

    Better to value character over plot, meaning that if the writer has a character do something they would never do, it's the writer who is the monster, not the character. The essence of a great character does not change when a writer makes a mistake.

  8. #368
    Libre. People Of The Earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paris.
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Doom wanting to depower mutants doesn't make sense. And since Wanda supporter love to use that as an excuse, I don't think Doom did it beccause "it's not in character". As you said, Wolverine said it quite clear that Doom could have easily taken the blame. This makes a million times more sense: He gets to brag, he protects his pride (since if he was in control, he wouldn't have trounced himself as he did in HoM), and he saves face over his whole love affair with Wanda.
    Lol, when Doom does something OOC "Oh, yeah, totes Doom, not Wanda, Doom busted the Anti-Mutant Genocide". When Wanda does it (Backed by 2 events Diss/Hom) "Nah, she's OOC, she's not to blame".
    Except Doom admitted AGAIN in AW while being inverted.
    He didn't lie the first time, nor did he there.
    Even if it doesn't make sense to you, these events still happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    All this says to me is that wanda is implying that she uses magic to make certain she never has to take legal responsibility for her actions. Has she been subtly affecting the MU justice system all along, so that only people she hates (Starfox) face justice and ones she flirts with (Longshot) don't?
    That's beyond stretching at this point...Care to support your new theory with facts ?
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."


    "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

    "No justice, no peace."

  9. #369
    Libre. People Of The Earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paris.
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    Her children are demons.

    Her children are fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i consider scarlet to be a monster.
    That would hold no weight in a court though.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."


    "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

    "No justice, no peace."

  10. #370
    Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Out of my cage; doing just fine
    Posts
    4,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If you want to just say that the genocide is out of character for both, and the real culprit hasn't been revealed yet, I'm down with that.

    What you're saying though is that Wanda did it, and that just doesn't make any sense, because she had even less motivation than Doom (why would Doom want to commit mutant genocide? to grab hold of all the power released when the mutant powers were removed; to get back at Franklin Richards; whatever - at least you can think of a reason why he'd do it, while there's not a single in-character reason for the Scarlet Witch to do it). But if you agree that out-of-character actions are not relevant, then I welcome you in joining me in not blaming Wanda.



    Which is sad, because someday your favorite character will be trashed by the writers, and then you'll consider that character to be a monster.

    Better to value character over plot, meaning that if the writer has a character do something they would never do, it's the writer who is the monster, not the character. The essence of a great character does not change when a writer makes a mistake.
    Before Disassembled, neither made sense. As of today, Wanda being the culprit makes more sense. Wanda is to blame. The writers expertly crafted Dis and HoM to give plausability to their stoies, and all Heinberg did was throw Doom in the mix for "reasons", which once more, can be explained through Doom's pride.
    I'll value character over plot, and Wanda had both to decimate the mutants. Doom has still shown neither.

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Except Doom admitted AGAIN in AW while being inverted.
    AW? Scan?
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

  11. #371
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post

    That's beyond stretching at this point...Care to support your new theory with facts ?
    She and Longshot had a flirtation going in Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe. That series contains facts. He worked with her because he's not a mutant, and also because he's a reality manipulator like her.

  12. #372
    Extraordinary Member AcesX1X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    That would hold no weight in a court though.
    let's let the jury decide that.

  13. #373
    Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Out of my cage; doing just fine
    Posts
    4,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    let's let the jury decide that.
    Since the humans favor the Avenger's.........
    Captured.jpg
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

  14. #374
    Extraordinary Member AcesX1X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,753

    Default

    i demand that brother drumm make himself available to the prosecution so he can call forth the ghosts of scarlet's deceased victims.

  15. #375
    Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Out of my cage; doing just fine
    Posts
    4,180

    Default

    At least this AU Cap would be happy putting mutants on trial. Maybe he'd put this Wanda on one instead of lying to the X-men's faces like he did in CC.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •