Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I'm surprised this is still going on.

Yes, she should go on trial. There's no room for interpretation, she SHOULD have to face what she's done. Even the Avengers poster-boy, Cap, believes that to be the case too.

Her punishment is the only thing that really warrants debate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Why? that would just be the MU version of "Modern Family". The correct term for Vision would be android BTW.
    If a "reformed" mutant terrorist who used to try to take over the world (and who eventually did, for the record) moved into my neighborhood, with a a cow, a tyrant, and a robot in tow, I'd burn down her house. That's why. And also, Rogue called Vision a toaster last week, so the jury is still out.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    If a "reformed" mutant terrorist who used to try to take over the world (and who eventually did, for the record) moved into my neighborhood, with a a cow, a tyrant, and a robot in tow, I'd burn down her house. That's why. And also, Rogue called Vision a toaster last week, so the jury is still out.
    I am always amused when a fan of the X-Men shows intolerance. I guess reading all those X-titles really enlightened you. As a bonus to this post and to add to my amusement is citing John Byrne's use of "toaster" when describing the Vision considering his opinion of the casting of Jessica Alba as Sue Storm in the first FF movie

BANNED

I am always amused when a fan of the X-Men shows intolerance. I guess reading all those X-titles really enlightened you. As a bonus to this post and to add to my amusement is citing John Byrne's use of "toaster" when describing the Vision considering his opinion of the casting of Jessica Alba as Sue Storm in the first FF movie
    This isn't intolerance. Intolerance would be hating Tar Baby or Ugly John. This is not wanting a terrorist and her programmable husband in the neighborhood.

She had amnesia.

It's not a "falsehood." I'm aware that he organized the team, but he is blind to the day to day life of mutants.
    The man fought racism and bigotry all his life, regardless of the form it took.
    He's not just a champion for mutants, but for any and all human beings, mutants included.
    You are ranting at him because he's not exclusively working on mutants issues, and happen to help other people as well, not just mutants. Which is more than I can say of a lot of self-appointed mutants leaders.

Aso, I sincerely doubt she hulk would defend Wanda considering that Wanda turned her savage and made her tear Vision apart, which led to her being forced into a medically induced coma for a while.
    She-Hulk is both a professional and a friend of the Avengers, there's no room for doubts.

Honestly, I'm not prejudiced, but if my first experience of a mutant was a woman who dresses as a witch crossed with Hester Prynne, who married her robot and who had her cow foster mother over and her father Magneto visiting, I'd start to hate mutants too, and wonder whats next: mutants marrying their dogs, and I might be tempted to burn they're house down, too.
    You are justifying bigotry and racism now... just like this guy used to do.

He'd be proud of you methink.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I'm surprised this is still going on.

Yes, she should go on trial. There's no room for interpretation, she SHOULD have to face what she's done. Even the Avengers poster-boy, Cap, believes that to be the case too.

Her punishment is the only thing that really warrants debate.
    She'd be acquitted.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    The man fought racism and bigotry all his life, regardless of the form it took.
    He's not just a champion for mutants, but for any and all human beings, mutants included.
    You are ranting at him because he's not exclusively working on mutants issues, and happen to help other people as well, not just mutants. Which is more than I can say of a lot of self-appointed mutants leaders.

She-Hulk is both a professional and a friend of the Avengers, there's no room for doubts.

You are justifying bigotry and racism now... just like this guy used to do.

He'd be proud of you methink.
    Good intentions don't really mean anything. And it's not racism if you're afraid of world conquering terrorist neighbours and the machines programmed to love them.

This isn't intolerance. Intolerance would be hating Tar Baby or Ugly John. This is not wanting a terrorist and her programmable husband in the neighborhood.
    Magneto is a mutant that, for better or for worse depending on your POV, has been accepted by the X-Men as teacher and leader for years now. Victor Mancha is also AI so I guess he is a toaster to you too. Rights for the AI is a relatively new development in the fictional MU as seen in Avengers AI. Your view seems to be curiously selective when it comes to intolerance.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-04-2015 at 09:47 AM.

BANNED

Magneto is a mutant that, for better or for worse depending on your POV, has been accepted by the X-Men as teacher and leasder for years now. Victor Mancha is also AI so I guess he is a toaster to you too. Rights for the AI is a relatively new development in the fictional MU as seen in Avengers AI. Your view seems to be curiously selective when it comes to intolerance.
    Magneto is only an xmen because they needed him to survive after the decimation. They had already kicked him out once and then kicked him out again when he tried to sneak back in. I don't know who Victor Mancha even is. Sounds like he was manufactured in Mexico.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    "Should WANDA go to trial", not Cyclops, CMBMOOL. Please stay on topic, please.
    Um...that's not me ?

"intolerance" towards a known practitioner of black magic who marries artificial men full of motor oil and wires and makes demon babies out of thin air? give me a break.

she gives mutants a bad name with her reckless behavior and has likely contributed towards anti-mutant sentiment in more ways than most over the years. in her own way, she's worse for mutant safety than reverend stryker ever was. careless and selfish to the end.

i sincerely hope master pandemonium is called to the witness stand during her trial.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    She'd be acquitted.
    If you're so sure... Why hasn't she gotten a trial yet and her many sins put before all to judge?

Acquitting her after that would only bring another AvsX event as Mutants rightfully deserve some Justice for their many losses due to her.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    "intolerance" towards a known practitioner of black magic who marries artificial men full of motor oil and wires and makes demon babies out of thin air? give me a break.

she gives mutants a bad name with her reckless behavior and has likely contributed towards anti-mutant sentiment in more ways than most over the years. in her own way, she's worse for mutant safety than reverend stryker ever was. careless and selfish to the end.

i sincerely hope master pandemonium is called to the witness stand during her trial.
    Magneto has done far worse for the reputation of mutants yet he has been accepted as one of their advocates, depending on the whim of the writers these days.
    The general population is far more aware of his acts of aggression than any you can attribute to Wanda. His choices to act in such a manner were deliberate. The last I heard, the HOM files are still considered classified documents so I doubt the general population would factor it in as something to fuel the anti-mutant sentiments.

Magneto has done far worse for the reputation of mutants yet he has been accepted as one of their advocates, depending on the whim of the writers these days.
    The general population is far more aware of his acts of aggression than any you can attribute to Wanda. His choices to act in such a manner were deliberate. The last I heard, the HOM files are still considered classified documents so I doubt the general population would factor it in as something to fuel the anti-mutant sentiments.
    Iron Maiden do you think is Doom is responsible for genocide on the mutants ? Should Doom go on trial for for his actions?

one small flaw is magneto stood trial before the world's court.

someone should demand that the HOM files be unlocked for the public and a hearing take place. it's the only honorable course of action here.

the dead demand justice.