Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Details? Oh, you mean like the "Killed Emma so he can steal her power" bit?
    I'm happy admitting he got the "killed" part wrong if you're happy to admit he got the "physical abuse" part right.

Wait, I'm a bit confused here. Are we comparing hitting a teen to ruining the lives of millions?
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Wait, I'm a bit confused here. Are we comparing hitting a teen to ruining the lives of millions?
    No, it was called into question whether or not Scott punched anyone. To which I replied that "shooting optic blasts" might as well be punching someone (given that there's no real world equivalent that doesn't involve outside weaponry, but when one's superpower basically boils down to such...why punch when you can shoot?), and kicking someone in the gut is definitely equivalent (if not worse).
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 02-04-2015 at 02:00 AM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I'm happy admitting he got the "killed" part wrong if you're happy to admit he got the "physical abuse" part right.
    Depends. Does Dani Moonstar kicking the living daylights out of Hope's uterus count as "physical abuse" too? I've heard it can be quite lethal to someone without a metal abdomen or unbreakable skin. Fair is fair, right?

On a horrific side note, holy crap at that kick. There's no freakin' way Hope can have progeny after this. Wanda would be so proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    No, it was called into question whether or not Scott punched anyone. To which I replied that "shooting optic blasts" might as well be punching someone (given that there's no real world equivalent that doesn't involve outside weaponry, but when one's superpower basically boils down to such...why punch when you can shoot?), and kicking someone in the gut is definitely equivalent (if not worse).
    You are totally changing your story, lol. Did you look up the actual issue and realize Cyclops did not actually hit Hope in the groin are?
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 02-04-2015 at 02:16 AM.

BANNED

Depends. Does Dani Moonstar kicking the living daylights out of Hope's uterus count as "physical abuse" too? I've heard it can be quite lethal to someone without a metal abdomen or unbreakable skin. Fair is fair, right?

On a horrific side note, holy crap at that kick. There's no freakin' way Hope can have progeny after this. Wanda would be so proud.
    I mean, if you want to...

You are totally changing your story, lol. Did you look up the actual issue and realize Cyclops did not actually hit Hope in the groin are?

Okay, okay. I'm not an anatomy major and the uterus is slightly lower (generally) in the body than my ignorance led me to believe. "He kicked her where some vital organs might have been damaged." Happy?

P.S. That arch in her back? Totally opposite direction that cheesecake artists use to make sexy female poses. This arch? It's to signify pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Couple of things
    Not really.
    The simple fact he broke out of jail means he WILL go to jail if he ever get caught and trialed.
    That's not even factoring the other federal offenses he comitted after his escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think this thread would be more far more interesting and relevant if some posters would actually debate the issue and not deliberately misrepresent panels or resort to outright lying to present their position.
    Agreed. Those smokescreens are getting tiresome.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-04-2015 at 09:59 AM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Not really.
    The simple fact he broke out of jail means he WILL go to jail if he ever get caught and trialed.
    That's not even factoring the other federal offenses he comitted after his escape.
    Actually he was a U.S. Citizen, captured on U.S. Soil (sort of), by agents of the U.S. Government being held in a private holding facility without trial. Oh yeah and there was that attempted assassination. Hmmm not so clear cut after all. Also still besides the point, as this is not a Cyclops thread and shouldn't be derailed further.

As I said, beyond broking out of said jail and becoming a federal fugitive because of that, he comitted many other federal offenses, so again, if he get caught and trialed he will be found guilty of said offenses and will be sentenced for them.
    But you are right, this thread is not about Cyclops.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

One other person did and that was Doom. When she was living with him she was calm and pretty much back to normal. And she did not need to be possessed forcibly like Daniel Drumm did in Axis. Victor can be pretty persuave when he's of a mind to be.
    She had amnesia.

This is an overblown and ridiculous falsehood since it was Cap's Kooky quartet team that was the first that brought together mutants and humans.
    It's not a "falsehood." I'm aware that he organized the team, but he is blind to the day to day life of mutants.

BANNED

Aso, I sincerely doubt she hulk would defend Wanda considering that Wanda turned her savage and made her tear Vision apart, which led to her being forced into a medically induced coma for a while.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    She had amnesia.
    Not the entire time. She regained her memories and she still had some kind regard for him....at least in CC. Other writers have taken Victor's "confession" at face value even though Heinberg planted the doubt there.

It's not a "falsehood." I'm aware that he organized the team, but he is blind to the day to day life of mutants.
    I doubt that since he's known Pietro and Wanda for years now. But go ahead and prove this sweeping accusation, which can be true for just about anyone about anything. If I don't live at your house I don't know what your "day to day life" is like.

BANNED

Not the entire time. She regained her memories and she still had some kind regard for him....at least in CC. Other writers have taken Victor's "confession" at face value even though Heinberg planted the doubt there.

I doubt that since he's known Pietro and Wanda for years now. But go ahead and prove this sweeping accusation, which can be true for just about anyone about anything. If I don't live at your house I don't know what your "day to day life" is like.
    They didn't really live a typical mutant day to day life. He lived in a castle on the moon, and she's only had one episode of prejudice that was probably related to her weird marriage to a robot.

BANNED

Honestly, I'm not prejudiced, but if my first experience of a mutant was a woman who dresses as a witch crossed with Hester Prynne, who married her robot and who had her cow foster mother over and her father Magneto visiting, I'd start to hate mutants too, and wonder whats next: mutants marrying their dogs, and I might be tempted to burn they're house down, too.

They didn't really live a typical mutant day to day life. He lived in a castle on the moon, and she's only had one episode of prejudice that was probably related to her weird marriage to a robot.
    I guess you forgot about the part where Wanda and Pietro were being chased by villagers with torches when Magneto offered to take them into the Brotherhood?

Honestly, I'm not prejudiced, but if my first experience of a mutant was a woman who dresses as a witch crossed with Hester Prynne, who married her robot and who had her cow foster mother over and her father Magneto visiting, I'd start to hate mutants too, and wonder whats next: mutants marrying their dogs, and I might be tempted to burn they're house down, too.
    Why? that would just be the MU version of "Modern Family". The correct term for Vision would be android BTW.