Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Falcon says he understand Wanda a bit better, he doesn't says he understand Scarlet's mental health better... He doesn't make any reference to her mental health, neither did Rogue or even Vision...
    That's you *litteraly* inventing things out of thin air, the panel is right there and what's ridicule is you are the one who actually posted it...
    What do you believe they're referring to then? Her hairstyle, her level of athleticism, her affinity for cows, her pale skin? It's clear what the implication was. I'm all for a good back and forth (especially on such well-tread ground as Wanda's quest for power blowing up in her face and wrecking the lives of others as collateral damage), but we have to be honest if it's going to be any fun.

BANNED

Unless Alistair Crowley was involved in the crafting of HoM and CC, he's as irrelevant to the MU as your Buffy comparison was.

I wonder who would have juridiction anyway.
    So you don't think that there's anything blatantly risky, or possibly EVIL, about raising babies from the dead?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Unless Alistair Crowley was involved in the crafting of HoM and CC, he's as irrelevant to the MU as your Buffy comparison was.

I wonder who would have juridiction anyway.
    Someone like Nick Fury, I guess, could be Judge and the Jury will be made up of Avengers and X-Men than cases are brought forth.

Even Supervillains would convict Wanda in less than an hour.

BANNED

Im honestly surprised that mutant non-X-Men and former mutants aren't taking shots at her all the time. Everyone on Utopia knew, and the news must have spread. MODOK knew.

People who might go after her.

Nekra
    Magma
    Exodus
    Sebastian Shaw
    Sage
    Dani Moonstar
    Callisto
    Masque
    Dragonness
    Toad
    Blob
    Michael Pointer
    Chamber
    So on and so forth...

Astonishing Member

Well here's a question, if the possible upcoming reboot removes Scarlet Witch's actions on M-Day from continuity, are people here still going to hold it against it her?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Well here's a question, if the possible upcoming reboot removes Scarlet Witch's actions on M-Day from continuity, are people here still going to hold it against it her?
    Yes, and I don't think secret wars is going to work like that, though I do see a lot of comments about "removing" things from continuity, even though they have said explicitly that the history was going to remain intact.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    Yes, and I don't think secret wars is going to work like that, though I do see a lot of comments about "removing" things from continuity, even though they have said explicitly that the history was going to remain intact.
    Except that I think (despite what the PR people at Marvel are saying) are trying to make their characters more like their movie versions and since it seems in the movies Scarlet Witch may be somewhat insane, but still heroic, that M-Day no longer fits with that version of the character. Plus I don't M-Day was meant to define the character the way people on this board want it to, it made Wanda into a plot device to thin out the mutant population to meet an editorial mandate back in 2004. The writers and editors wanted to reduce the number of mutants and they just chose Wanda to do it. I don't think they realized that would have a really long lasting impact on the character, 10 years later, so they might just decide to wash it away.

BANNED

Except that I think (despite what the PR people at Marvel are saying) are trying to make their characters more like their movie versions and since it seems in the movies Scarlet Witch may be somewhat insane, but still heroic, that M-Day no longer fits with that version of the character. Plus I don't M-Day was meant to define the character the way people on this board want it to, it made Wanda into a plot device to thin out the mutant population to meet an editorial mandate back in 2004. The writers and editors wanted to reduce the number of mutants and they just chose Wanda to do it. I don't think they realized that would have a really long lasting impact on the character, 10 years later, so they might just decide to wash it away.
    If they wanted Scarlet Witch to seem sane, they wouldn't have hired Elizabeth Olsen to play her.

Commit genocide that is bad and She let herself be "possessed" Wanda is a mass murderer - So she certainly deserves the death penalty.

She decimated a species. She brought their population level down to 10%, and left them with no way to procreate. No More Mutants.

Extraordinary Member

So you don't think that there's anything blatantly risky, or possibly EVIL, about raising babies from the dead?
    In the Marvel Universe? No. Raising the dead is even more normal and conventional than working with Doctor Doom.

I'm happy to agree the story doesn't make sense, because why would she suddenly be desperate to bring back her kids after she had gotten over them (Vision I could understand; he was the baby-crazy one). But to consider her evil for her conscious actions you have to judge her by a different standard than the entire rest of the Marvel Universe, who raise the dead and go to Doom for help like the rest of us do laundry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tudors View Post
    She decimated a species. She brought their population level down to 10%, and left them with no way to procreate. No More Mutants.
    That was Doom. Or whoever else you think was telling her to say what she said. It couldn't have been her because she was a proud open mutant who loved being a mutant and having mutant powers, so there was no motivation for her to want to wipe out mutants (and "getting back at daddy" isn't a motivation because she never had any such daddy issues before that speech). When a character says something that is totally unmotivated by any other scene she has ever appeared in in 40 years, the explanation is mind control, always.

If the writers wanted this to be Wanda's fault, they should have provided a motivation. But they didn't. The only "motivation" for House of M is Darker Than Scarlet, and that's a story where she becomes a mutant supremacist. Since she loves mutants and mutant powers, obviously "no more mutants" can only be explained as Doom's fault, because making it Wanda's fault requires you to create headcanon for her motivations.
    Last edited by gurkle; 02-03-2015 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    In the Marvel Universe? No. Raising the dead is even more normal and conventional than working with Doctor Doom.

I'm happy to agree the story doesn't make sense, because why would she suddenly be desperate to bring back her kids after she had gotten over them (Vision I could understand; he was the baby-crazy one). But to consider her evil for her conscious actions you have to judge her by a different standard than the entire rest of the Marvel Universe, who raise the dead and go to Doom for help like the rest of us do laundry.

That was Doom. Or whoever else you think was telling her to say what she said. It couldn't have been her because she was a proud open mutant who loved being a mutant and having mutant powers, so there was no motivation for her to want to wipe out mutants (and "getting back at daddy" isn't a motivation because she never had any such daddy issues before that speech). When a character says something that is totally unmotivated by any other scene she has ever appeared in in 40 years, the explanation is mind control, always.

If the writers wanted this to be Wanda's fault, they should have provided a motivation. But they didn't. The only "motivation" for House of M is Darker Than Scarlet, and that's a story where she becomes a mutant supremacist. Since she loves mutants and mutant powers, obviously "no more mutants" can only be explained as Doom's fault, because making it Wanda's fault requires you to create headcanon for her motivations.
    Bullshit ! she is guilty,"no more mutants" “those were her words” she deserves the death penalty!

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

If the upcoming reboot does not remove the effects of No More Mutants yes she should stand trial.

the X-men have face genocide, extinction, and abandonment. The Avengers have been shown to not lift a finger to help them Scarlet Witch decimated their entire species-Scarlet Witch is accepted back onto the Avengers and, as mentioned, murdered a **** ton of people thanks to her selfishness.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    What do you believe they're referring to then? Her hairstyle, her level of athleticism, her affinity for cows, her pale skin? It's clear what the implication was.
    No, it is not.
    I wouldn't bother having this conversation otherwise, and AcesX1X wouldn't have felt the need to invent things that weren't in the panel he actually posted.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I'm all for a good back and forth (especially on such well-tread ground as Wanda's quest for power blowing up in her face and wrecking the lives of others as collateral damage), but we have to be honest if it's going to be any fun.
    Agreed, hence why I consider assumptions for what they are: assumptions, not hard facts.

Wanda was possessed during Disassembled and House of M.
    It's canon.
    She didn't let herself be possessed contrary to what you were supporting, fact is she had no idea what was gonna happen.
    You discussing the nature of the act in itself (evil, unholy, satanic...) or asking me what I think about it doesn't change that.

It is as irrelevant to these stories as you referring to Buffy or Alistair Crowler earlier in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Someone like Nick Fury, I guess, could be Judge and the Jury will be made up of Avengers and X-Men than cases are brought forth.

Even Supervillains would convict Wanda in less than an hour.
    None of them have any legal authority to do that. It would be a farce.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."