Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

if Doom is responsible for genocide on the mutants ?.. This makes him more evil and ruthless than Stalin.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    if Doom is responsible for genocide on the mutants ?.. This makes him more evil and ruthless than Stalin.
    Doom didn't do it. Wanda did in a fit of insanity. She needs a trial, where she will be acquitted because she's an Avenger and therefore has the court morally bought.
    Truly is that easy.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Doom didn't do it. Wanda did in a fit of insanity. She needs a trial, where she will be acquitted because she's an Avenger and therefore has the court morally bought.
    Truly is that easy.
    Wanda needs a trial if she is guilty .

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    one small flaw is magneto stood trial before the world's court.

someone should demand that the HOM files be unlocked for the public and a hearing take place. it's the only honorable course of action here.

the dead demand justice.
    Didn't Magneto manipulate the outcome though?

he did no such thing. that's scarlet's forte, not his.

Wanda needs a trial if she is guilty .
    That's the point of this thread. We need simple yes or no answers.
    Did she do it: Yes
    Should she go to trial: Yes
    Should she be found guilty: Yes
    Will she be found guilty: No
    Is said verdict fair: No
    Is said verdict relatively fair: Meh, many outlaws are roaming the streets free, so I guess.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Didn't Magneto manipulate the outcome though?
    Yes, by manipulating the Iron in their brains, iirc. I could be wrong

Yes, by manipulating the Iron in their brains, iirc. I could be wrong
    i'm sorry but that is preposterous. he would have no motive - and he saved the lives of all involved from a terrorist attack to boot.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Iron Maiden do you think is Doom is responsible for genocide on the mutants ? Should Doom go on trial for for his actions?
    I don't but then this story has changed a lot depending on what writer touches it these days. Heinberg left room to doubt Doom's blanket confession that he was behind it all. But the timeline doesn't match up IMO.

Doom was only present for a short window of time even for Disassembled. In Fantastic Four during Mark Waid's run, which takes place before Disassembled and Civil War, Doom was trapped down in Hell by the Hazaareth demons In Unthinkable then he briefly gets loose in a follow up arc, Authoritative Action. He doesn't escape from the Netherworld until FF#537, which is just around the beginning of CW and after Disassembled. So even Wanda's being able to meet up with him to persuade him to help her is problematic.

He wasn't even involved that much in HoM, where somehow Wanda apparently brought him out of Hell with the reality reboot that was when everything "went white". Even his mother was alive and elderly, when she died at a young age. Valeria was brought back to life also. But after it was over he apparently was returned to Hell when she said "No More Mutants". I just don't see how Doom could have influenced that since it was said after the trauma of Magneto apparently killing Pietro IIRC. There's a lot of holes in the shift in culpability but apparently this is the new status quo since a lot of writers have picked up on this view. I suspect it is some kind of edict that no one will admit issuing. It's easy to "dirty up" Doom some more since he seems to be under the mutants radar right now. Scott wasn't interested in pursuing it in CC. Doom got a partial abosolution from CC by having him bring Cassie Lang back to life but that's as far as they went with addressing the outcome of CC.

But at least two of the X-men express their doubts, which could be a bit of meta dialogue by Heinberg.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-04-2015 at 11:01 AM.

i'm sorry but that is preposterous. he would have no motive - and he saved the lives of all involved from a terrorist attack to boot.
    "Magneto submits to a trial once again, but uses mind-control circuitry he salvaged from the wreckage of Asteroid M to alter the opinions of the head justice in charge of the trial. As a result, Magneto is finally absolved of his past crimes but finds that this only fuels hostility towards mutants."
    He had 2 trials, apparently. He did this on the latter one.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't but then this story has changed a lot depending on what writer touches it these days. Heinberg left room to doubt Doom's blanket confession that he was behind it all. But the timeline doesn't match up IMO.

Doom was only present for a short window of time even for Disassembled. In Fantastic Four during Mark Waid's run, which takes place before Disassembled and Civil War, Doom was trapped down in Hell by the Hazaareth demons In Unthinkable then he briefly gets loose in a follow up arc, Authoritative Action. He doesn't escape from the Netherworld until FF#537, which is just around the beginning of CW and after Disassembled. So even Wanda's being able to meet up with him to persuade him to help her is problematic.

He wasn't even involved that much in HoM, where somehow Wanda apparently brought him out of Hell with the reality reboot that was when everything "went white". Even his mother was alive and elderly, when she died at a young age. Valeria was brought back to life also. But after it was over he apparently was returned to Hell when she said "No More Mutants". I just don't see how Doom could have influenced that since it was said after the trauma of Magneto apparently killing Pietro IIRC. There's a lot of holes in the shift in culpability but apparently this is the new status quo since a lot of writers have picked up on this view. I suspect it is some kind of edict that no one will admit issuing. It's easy to "dirty up" Doom some more since he seems to be under the mutants radar right now. Scott wasn't interested in pursuing it in CC. Doom got a partial abosolution from CC by having him bring Cassie Lang back to life but that's as far as they went with addressing the outcome of CC.
    I keep saying, it was Wanda. I like how only AFTER he is defeated he brags about being the one to do all of Wanda's deeds. Hell, Cyclops, master tactician, doesn't believe her, and it's from Quicksilver that we get the "No, No, He said he did it, it was him, don't look at me or remember HoM was my idea". Doom doing great things for the people he holds dear is in character, so taking the heat off the woman he loved/liked makes total sense.

"Perhaps they'll save me the trouble of killing you"
    Yeah, right. Doom leaves his kills to heroes, despite how bad it would hurt his pride. Pfft. A otro perro con ese hueso.
    Last edited by Mr. Brightside; 02-04-2015 at 11:42 AM.

"intolerance" towards a known practitioner of black magic who marries artificial men full of motor oil and wires and makes demon babies out of thin air? give me a break.
    She's an Avenger and Vision was her husband with whom she started a family...
    Frankly, unusual circumstances shouldn't warrant judgemental remarks like this.

she gives mutants a bad name with her reckless behavior and has likely contributed towards anti-mutant sentiment in more ways than most over the years. in her own way, she's worse for mutant safety than reverend stryker ever was. careless and selfish to the end.
    This description is way more accurate about the current roster of X-Men actually.

i sincerely hope master pandemonium is called to the witness stand during her trial.
    Amusing.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Doom didn't do it. Wanda did in a fit of insanity.
    The actual canon established he was the one behind HoM. Wanda was possessed, not insane.
    Why do you so blatantly keep disregarding what is the actual canon ?

She needs a trial, where she will be acquitted because she's an Avenger and therefore has the court morally bought.
    Truly is that easy.
    Oh, if she's acquitted it will be because she was a. possessed and b. not the actual instigator, Doom was.
    Accusing the Avengers of morally corrupting court of laws only weaken the credibility of your arguments btw.

That's the point of this thread. We need simple yes or no answers.
    Did she do it: Yes
    Should she go to trial: Yes
    Should she be found guilty: Yes
    Will she be found guilty: No
    Is said verdict fair: No
    Is said verdict relatively fair: Meh, many outlaws are roaming the streets free, so I guess.
    Wrong everywhere. /shrug
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Okay, okay. I'm not an anatomy major and the uterus is slightly lower (generally) in the body than my ignorance led me to believe. "He kicked her where some vital organs might have been damaged." Happy?
    Sure, why not. It made for some lulzy roleplaying, if only that.

I mean, that's how a Wanda/Scott debate would play out if Wanda ever bet her life on something that totally didn't happen, right?

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Wrong everywhere. /shrug
    You misspelled "right"
    We'll let the courts decide that. As the one seeking Doom's help, her accessory to genocide (Assuming Doom wasn't BSing as he clearly was) is still pretty punishable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Sure, why not. It made for some lulzy roleplaying, if only that.

I mean, that's how a Wanda/Scott debate would play out if Wanda ever bet her life on something that totally didn't happen, right?
    So you're fine accepting that, instead of punching Hope, Scott kicked her.

That's all I really wanted.