Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    So you're fine accepting that, instead of punching Hope, Scott kicked her.
    Please, provide a single post in which I even bothered trying to dispute Scott's optic blasting and kicking of the whiny brat.

Anyway. Hard to tell, but I can't help but feel the whole point of the "Wanda betting on her life" bit was somehow missed. Here, some clarification:

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Uh, does kicking a teenage girl in the uterus count? 'Cause I can bet my life I can find that one!
    I mean, if it ain't a roleplaying thing, I just don't get what's with the whole "vilifying the party in the right" angle. If anything, I've been a pretty good sport about the canonical/biological fails. Heck, I even provided a scan of an x-character kicking Hope close to the groin area. Fluffiness doesn't even begin to cover it.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 02-04-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Without a trial the question of guilt or innocence can not be addressed. Without a trial there can't be consequences for her persived action As marvel fans we love seeing the fallout of such things on the bad guy, we love canon and result. Marvel need to stop focusing on bullshit people don't give a **** about.
    Last edited by Nimrod; 02-04-2015 at 02:29 PM.
    “I am the ultimate hunter, come from the future to destroy you.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Please, provide a single post in which I even bothered trying to dispute Scott's optic blasting and kicking of the whiny brat.

Anyway. Hard to tell, but I can't help but feel the whole point of the "Wanda betting on her life" bit was somehow missed. Here, some clarification:

I mean, if it ain't a roleplaying thing, I just don't get what's with the whole "vilifying the party in the right" angle. If anything, I've been a pretty good sport about the canonical/biological fails. Heck, I even provided a scan of an x-character kicking Hope close to the groin area. Fluffiness doesn't even begin to cover it.
    Here you go, sir or madame. You said it wasn't a punch, I said it was a kick instead (and that, as far as Cyclops in concerned [given his powerset], blasting Captain America might as well be throwing a punch), then you wanted to go on and on about some semantics and whatnot, and now here we are.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 02-04-2015 at 02:41 PM.

Worst straw argument ever. I said it wasn't a punch. Whether it was a kick or sledgehammer to the face is entirely irrelevant. It wasn't a punch, end of story.

This isn't even about optic-blasting, punching, kicking or kneeing third-world-hating brats, really. This is about enforcing canon. In a thread about putting a character on TRIAL, no less. The devil is totally in the details.

Unless the judge and jury just so happen to be Rogue and a bunch of Rogue clones, the "Oh, come on, Mr./Ms. Justice! Look at my witchy, genocidal puppy eyes! So what if I keep getting details wrong! My overall point totally stands!" line isn't going to achieve much.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 02-05-2015 at 04:23 AM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

This isn't a Cyclops topic, please stop distracting from what it really is.

This is a Wanda topic and it's been established even by the Avengers that she SHOULD go on Trial.

The only dispute is "when", "how", and "punishment".

The Avengers are scared of Wanda being put on trial for the world to see, especially after all that's happened. After all, how will the common man/woman react when they find out the full extent of Wanda's power and her abuses with said power that nearly wiped out Mutantkind and even got the World destroyed when she helped the Apoc Twins?

Oh, alright. I say Wanda shouldn't be put on trial. Her defense will make so little sense, the court system just might have to implode on principle.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Oh, alright. I say Wanda shouldn't be put on trial. Her defense will make so little sense, the court system just might have to implode on principle.
    She should, everyone knows that she should even the Avengers who protect her from justice to those she harmed... Repeatedly. She doesn't even have the decency to apologize and make amends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    This isn't a Cyclops topic, please stop distracting from what it really is.

This is a Wanda topic and it's been established even by the Avengers that she SHOULD go on Trial.

The only dispute is "when", "how", and "punishment".

The Avengers are scared of Wanda being put on trial for the world to see, especially after all that's happened. After all, how will the common man/woman react when they find out the full extent of Wanda's power and her abuses with said power that nearly wiped out Mutantkind and even got the World destroyed when she helped the Apoc Twins?
    It would probably backfire much more on mutantkind than on the Avengers themselves actually.
    What with her being a mutant.
    Anyway, the involvement of Doom would come to light in a trial, the public already is wary of him... Once Wanda proven innocent, it would be Doom who would be eventually vilified in the eyes of the public, which wouldn't change of his current image anyway.

She should, everyone knows that she should even the Avengers who protect her from justice to those she harmed... Repeatedly. She doesn't even have the decency to apologize and make amends.
    Flat out false. If you've read CC, you should know that...
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

RR disagrees, Wanda isn't sorry at all for what she did and would do it again if she could.

Wanda also has made NO EFFORT to apologize to the Mutant Community, what's left of it before Hope brought more Mutants to remove Wanda's curse, OR make amends to them.

RR disagrees, Wanda isn't sorry at all for what she did and would do it again if she could.
    That too is a fallacy. I have no idea how you came to this conclusion based on volume 1...

Wanda also has made NO EFFORT to apologize to the Mutant Community, what's left of it before Hope brought more Mutants to remove Wanda's curse, OR make amends to them.
    Again, go read CC before making such bold statements.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    That too is a fallacy. I have no idea how you came to this conclusion based on volume 1...

Again, go read CC before making such bold statements.
    Ignoring the stories I see.

RR's stories came after CC so they're the version that Wanda is judged by. If, say, Cyclops committed genocide and wasn't sorry about it, like Wanda, than that version is the one that must be judged. Not a past version that MAY have been sorry about it but refused to actually try and make things better.

Like how Wanda didn't apologize to Mutantkind (No, Cyclops and some team members aren't the only Mutants) or make amends to those she hurt or even killed with hurt Curse. She also has yet to be put on Trial oreven be held in prison.

Heck, Cyclops killed 1 guy, in self-defense, and he was left to die in prison without a trial.

Wanda nearly killed an entire race... Yet nothing.

Ignoring the stories I see.
    No, just pointing out fallacies.

RR's stories came after CC so they're the version that Wanda is judged by. If, say, Cyclops committed genocide and wasn't sorry about it, like Wanda, than that version is the one that must be judged. Not a past version that MAY have been sorry about it but refused to actually try and make things better.
    So, where in UA did you see Wanda not being sorry for what she did and saying she would do it again if she could ?

Like how Wanda didn't apologize to Mutantkind (No, Cyclops and some team members aren't the only Mutants) or make amends to those she hurt or even killed with hurt Curse. She also has yet to be put on Trial oreven be held in prison.
    Oh, so as long as she hasn't reach out to every single mutant, she's unapologetic and doesn't want to make amends ?
    Interesting take.
    The prison angle was handled in CC btw, when Cyclops decided to let her walk with all the X-Men falling in line.

Heck, Cyclops killed 1 guy, in self-defense, and he was left to die in prison without a trial.
    I thought this thread wasn't about Cyclops...

Wanda nearly killed an entire race... Yet nothing.
    Given Doom revealed he engineered these events, not Wanda, it's fitting.

"No justice, no peace."

she is NOT a mutant!!

The initial issues, she even mocks Rogue over Charles Xavier's grave and she didn't take much convincing to agree to let the Earth burn.

She needs to reach out to those she hurt the most. She never did, nor has she ever tried to make amends to them. Has she even visited a single center where "survivors" go there for treatment for things such as suicidal thoughts, depression, or the such due to what she did when she removed what made them who they were? No, she hasn't. Not a single time.

Example. Name is irrelevant, substance is which you blatantly ignored.

Doom did nothing but help Wanda when asked.

Wanda sought him out.
    Wanda stole the Life Force for herself.
    Wanda killed fellow Avengers.
    Wanda created House of M.
    Wanda uttered "No More Mutants" of her own free will.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    she is NOT a mutant!!
    In fairness, we don't quite know the new origin yet.