Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetoWasRight View Post
    Ha, I'm not surprise... lol
    Nothing is stopping you from talking about Wanda on a Wanda topic.

Strawman arguments never hold water, this is about Wanda not Cyclops.

If you're that mad about Cyclops than make a topic about him. I'm sure there are plenty here that would be happy to debate you there about Cyclops.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    this always happens when scarlet needs to be held accountable. this is HER thread and HER trial.
    It's gotta be a roleplaying thing. Either that or there's some hardcore Wanda/Scott shipping going on.

On a side note, I'm still eagerly awaiting for those scans of His Evilness throwing punches around.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    No it doesn't, Wanda still did all of that on her own. Wanda even reveals in her dialogue that she hates her father and Mutants and chooses "No More Mutants" to punish him.
    Then why did she put him in charge of the world? Why did she suddenly not want to be a mutant after 40 years of being proudly and openly mutant? It doesn't make sense. The only explanation that reconciles House of M Wanda with Wanda everywhere else is that someone was forcing her to say what she said. It's happened to every character.

You're trying to pass off her sins, that Marvel APPROVED of, onto Doctor Doom and act like it okay when it isn't.
    It is okay. There was a retcon, and now Wanda's actions in HoM make sense (mind control) and the blame is shifted to someone who was already a genocidal maniac (Doom). The only people who are unhappy with this arrangement are people who desperately want one of Marvel's greatest heroines and proudest mutants to be something she isn't.

We saw Wanda seek out Doom, we saw her get the Life Force, we saw her kill the Avengers on her own free will, we saw her make House of M, and we saw her berate her father before uttering "No More Humans" to punish him as she knows that he loves Mutantkind above all.
    We saw the first two things, but only in flashback. Thanks to the flashback we now know that she didn't kill the Avengers of her own free will, she didn't make House of M of her own free will, and that her speech to her father and "no More Mutants" were the result of mind-control, which, again, is the only possible explanation of why a proud mutant (unlike a self-hating closet case like Xavier) would want to wipe out mutant powers.

Does Wanda have any motivation for doing that? No. Does her speech explain it? No, because she never wanted Magneto to pay attention to her and never thought of herself as a freak for being a mutant (on the contrary, when she lost her mutant powers, she and Pietro tried for a long time to get them back). So the only explanation that makes sense is mind control.

You keep saying she did these things of "her own free will," when we now have an explanation (Doom did it) that makes more sense.

scarlet didn't have a mind to control during house of m. xavier could barely hold her together, and he's had to deal with some real doozies over the years. the excuse doesn't add up. the courts would throw it out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by antiochene View Post
    I'm glad you can laugh at your own inability to keep what actually happened in canon straight from post to post. It shows real strength of character.
    My laugh is for "Cyclops kills The Entire Marvel Universe" when Wanda just depowered the entire marvel universe. So. I guess that's going to be his biggest crime ever.

she didn't just depower! she killed and maimed.

BANNED

she didn't just depower! she killed and maimed.
    Most depowered.

My laugh is for "Cyclops kills The Entire Marvel Universe" when Wanda just depowered the entire marvel universe.
    Wanda did not depower the entire marvel universe.

She has no right to call them out on anything considering she put them in that position in the first place with No More Mutants. Clearly he couldn't as he couldn't work his powers on the full team the first time he attacked.
    "He couldn't work his powers"...!!!
    Ha. Please, go back read UA#2 and see for yourself if the RS couldn't make his powers work...It's to the point I wonder if you've actually read the issue you are talking about.
    Also, the X-martyrdom started back in the first Secret War, so no, she didn't put them in that position in the first place.

Clearly she did as she would rather badmouth Mutants and treat Rogue like trash than actually going to see how much harm she caused and helping the people she hurt.
    Well, issue where she said it then, since "clearly she did" according to you ? Thanks.

And yes, I can as the writers are the ones that determine that and she's never shown wanting to make amends or putting forth the effort to do it. Pretending that "Maybe" she's doing it off-panel holds no water as nothing on-panel supports her doing that.
    You are the one talking about off-panel, not me.
    I stated what happened on-panel in CC: that she was willing to go mutant to mutant to try and repower them if they were willing to accept.
    F.A.C.T.
    You can hate her guts if you want, saying she wouldn't go see mutants when she stated she would is just false.

Dodging something you don't want to address, I see.
    I don't care about your headcanon, I'm waiting for your hard facts and proofs before adressing anything.

CC doesn't dispute what happened. Doom didn't forced Wanda to take the Life Force and betray him, he didn't force her to kill her fellow Avengers, he didn't force her to make House of M (Her Ideal World), and he didn't force her to say "No More Mutants" and nearly wipe out Mutantkind. It was all Wanda.
    So you didn't read CC.
    Otherwise you'd know she was possessed during the whole events you are accusing her of doing "of her own free will", ergo, not in the driver seat.
    That settles it then.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 02-05-2015 at 11:06 AM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Exactly, so she didn't kill the entire marvel universe either.

My laugh is for "Cyclops kills The Entire Marvel Universe" when Wanda just depowered the entire marvel universe. So. I guess that's going to be his biggest crime ever.
    ... you do actually know that what you said in your post is incorrect and Cyclops did not have everyone killed, right?

Extraordinary Member

scarlet didn't have a mind to control during house of m. xavier could barely hold her together, and he's had to deal with some real doozies over the years. the excuse doesn't add up. the courts would throw it out.
    Marvel courts aren't even set up to deal with magic, and besides, since Wanda's mutant power is making men obsessed with her, no jury would convict her.

But anyway, asking "why couldn't Xavier see that she was mind-controlled" is like asking "why didn't Dr. Strange notice she was possessed by the (ha ha) Life Force?" The answer out-of-story is that Bendis doesn't know what he's doing. In-story it's that these guys are incompetent. Which fits their history pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Exactly, so she didn't kill the entire marvel universe either.
    Mind blown. Also, quoting this for posterity.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 02-05-2015 at 11:10 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by antiochene View Post
    ... you do actually know that what you said in your post is incorrect and Cyclops did not have everyone killed, right?
    Really? He had Nightcrawler killed for one thing. Hellion lose his hands. He pretty much send his team to a suicide mission.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Marvel courts aren't even set up to deal with magic, and besides, since Wanda's mutant power is making men obsessed with her, no jury would convict her.

But anyway, asking "why couldn't Xavier see that she was mind-controlled" is like asking "why didn't Dr. Strange notice she was possessed by the (ha ha) Life Force?" The answer out-of-story is that Bendis doesn't know what he's doing. In-story it's that these guys are incompetent. Which fits their history pretty well.
    don't blame bendis for heinberg's poor research. it wasn't a definitive ending, you yourself have admitted to it many times.

she deserves a trial to answer for it. innocent or guilty!!!!