Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Busiek's run was super. I highly recommend it, but don't confuse that the with expecting an Avengers/Wnda hater to attempt.
    ok I won't.

You do realize that only a few of those images are from Busiek's run? They are from throughout her history of crazy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    ok I won't.
    That's fine but it still exists. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's not there.

BANNED

That's fine but it still exists. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's not there.
    I liked Busiek's run. I still think she's a loon because I read it in context with what came before and after.
    Last edited by IdaqiBeauty; 01-31-2015 at 02:50 PM.

BANNED

You do realize that only a few of those images are from Busiek's run? They are from throughout her history of crazy.
    I quickly (quickly) counted at least 10 images drawn by George Perez, who was Busiek's artist for most of the run in the question. Pretty big chunk of that collage, if yo ask me.

BANNED

I quickly (quickly) counted at least 10 images drawn by George Perez, who was Busiek's artist for most of the run in the question. Pretty big chunk of that collage, if yo ask me.
    Well, congrats on being able to count. The collage still indicates a long history of malevolent crazy, including Busiek's scenes of manic desperate "delight."

BANNED

Well, congrats on being able to count. The collage still indicates a long history of malevolent crazy.
    Actually there are multiple depictions of two separate times that Wanda was possessed or manipulated. Considering your hatred for Scott Summers, these two words are unimportant to you. But trust me; the superhero community (Wanda's peers) know much better.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 01-31-2015 at 03:00 PM.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

I tried to give some actually thought. I find it difficult to to the contrary and convoluted nature of the Marvel Universe itself. On one hand being the often pointed out " What character hasn't broken the law or caused catastrophe " and one the other what is the actual nature of the legal system in the MU to begin with? For the latter it's like it's almost nonresistant. I've yet to see a character challenged for child support or arrears for example, let alone neglect. It seems like the only punishable offense in the MU at times is " being a villain ". So trying to work with angle I find it almost impossible to come to a detailed conclusion regarding the legal standing of the case in question. Should a comic be printed though so the issue is at least addressed? I think I stand with someone else here that it would be an empty gesture and waste of everyone's dollar, honestly. I doubt the writers would make such a thing a point that matters not so much out of a lack of capability but because of the higher demand to keep the action flowing forth. I think it would be a blip at best and ultimately serve only to admonish (retcon more or less) any culpability Wanda had to her actions or even attachment her character had to her past continuity. In other words I think it would allow writers to have a " clean slate " Wanda that they could write however they choose to and likely would cause a rift amongst long time readers. Does it strike me as odd for the most part other sending some aggressive waves of static her way or at the least barbs and snark, that she for the most part isn't held to accountable for anything by her peers and is allowed to conduct herself in a " things happen therefore " manner? Yes, as much as any other character really. But that just seems to be the way the writers chose to play it and what were stuck reading. I'd hold my breath for a writer to prove me wrong there but given SW coming up soon I have a lot of doubts they would set any quality time aside to address the issue. I'm not big on finger pointing myself though and would be more pleased to see a strong legitimate effort made on the part of her character to show her having massive reservations and conflicts over what she's been involved in, and I mean regularly as opposed to those few story moments this was shown. At least this would tell me the character is at least thinking about and weighs some importance on her own past deeds regardless of the nature of her personal responsibility and has grown into a responsible adult. All else strikes me as lazy characterization. I know for fact that were I to do something horrible regardless of fault it would weigh on me in every moment and mold me into who I am, much like it would and does any real human being sort of the deranged. That's about the best I can logically come up with on the subject, sorry.
    I make love, you make me sick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    I tried to give some actually thought. I find it difficult to to the contrary and convoluted nature of the Marvel Universe itself. On one hand being the often pointed out " What character hasn't broken the law or caused catastrophe " and one the other what is the actual nature of the legal system in the MU to begin with? For the latter it's like it's almost nonresistant. I've yet to see a character challenged for child support or arrears for example, let alone neglect.
    Scott Lang is currently unable to pay child support.

Actually there are multiple depictions of two separate times a.that Wanda the as possessed or manipulated. Considering your hatred for Scott Summers, these two words are unimportant to you. But trust me; the superhero community (Wanda's peers) know much better.
    Someone much earlier in the thread mentioned that thing that makes it hard to swallow is Wanda being free while Scott gets hunted. If they were both outlaws, or both considered as being possessed it would be much easier to understand.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Scott Lang is currently unable to pay child support.
    I'm aware. Your taking my quotes out of context again and missing the point.
    I make love, you make me sick.

This will never happen she is an Avenger besides being the poster girl of the new movie of marvel.

Frankly I hated her for a long time but today I feel sorry for her. What hate today is the difference in treatment as between Scott and Wanda or Avengers and X-Men.

In a perfect world Scott and Wanda have a trial for their actions but only Scott was arrested in AVX and is now hunted by authorities and what would be the reason?

Is not really a diplomatic immunity but be an Avenger gives you some protection of the laws.

Scott made mistakes and should be judged in the same way Wanda but Though she is a time bomb that can explode at any moment nobody cares. While Scott decided to start a revolution to protect his people is hunted by Shield.

Nor must remember that Stark, Pym and Richards were never tried for the death of Goliath in the hands of Thor clone but some might say the same of Magneto and Hulk.

Extraordinary Member

I think what angers Scarlet Witch fans isn't so much that Bendis's Scarlet Witch was "out of character." It's really that he nailed it completely. That character assessment is a home run and TKO wrapped up in one.
    Naw, it's that she's out of character. The character assessment he wrote was totally inaccurate and based on only part of one story (Byrne's unfinished West Coast Avengers arc), ignoring the character's history as one of the sanest and most level-headed characters in the MU. More importantly than being inaccurate, though, it's generic and unsatisfying - all these characters are insane by normal real-world standards, all of them have turned evil a couple times, so you can pick literally any character, give a speech about a few things they've done, and use that as justification for them being crazy all along.

The problem with Avengers Disassembled isn't that it made a great character crazy; it's that it told us she had been crazy all along even when every writer thought she was sane. That's lazy writing. Show us a character going crazy.

They had to lock Simon up until he agreed to get a mindwipe in order to sweep things under the carpet once more.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, posting a page written by Bendis is a great way to prove that Bendis's story wasn't stupid.

Also, Bendis writing Jean calling Wanda a murderer because of stuff Bendis made her do is further proof that Bendis is totally right!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    1.) and since then has only been helping mutants persecuted for no reason.
    2.) He hasn't threatened or hurt a soul.
    3.) Wanda makes zero apologies and gets angry when it is brought up what she did.
    4.) Then she messed up the world twice more allowing earth to be destroyed and heroes to be inverted from her spell almost destroying man kind.
    5.) Wanda hasn't done anything to help anyone
    1.) being dangerous is a damn good reason, and the mutants he rescued, he "rescued" them mearly cus the cops came near them, for all he bloody knew they are murderers, and where actually killing innocent people and the cops where 100% justified. he is not stopping persicution, he is not creating equality he is enforcing special treatment and demanding mutants live in society but have to follow absolutely none of its laws
    2.) the cops who got there souls cut open by magik's soul sword who did not even have anything to do with the mutant being questioned, sure as f++k would disagree with you.

3.) she should not have to, its not her fault, yeah and scott does not get angry when its mentioned lol, yeah iceman would disagree with that
    4.) sorry for trying to stop the red skull who was moments from enslaving or killing all of human/mutant kind
    5.) helping to stop the apocalypse twins, helping to stop the red skull does not count as anything? ok bro