Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Can we get an Appreciation board(s)?

Those threads are really clogging up the place. I never liked that on the old forum. There should still be a place for them... but, you know... maybe on their own Appreciation board dedicated just for that? Or a sub-board?

BANNED

Good idea.

Fantastic Member

Seconded. Some of these would near-permanently populate the first page of various comic boards and, while they're great if that's your thing, it always made things a bit cluttered as they weren't real discussion threads and there could be any number of them.

I don't think they need their own sub-forum. Obviously the board is looking a bit appreciation heavy at the moment because they were/are the easiest threads to restart. But as discussion picks up again on more topical issues (no pun intended), I think things will get 'watered down' to the level they were at before.

That said, it probably would make sense to maybe limit the amount of appreciation threads to one just per character, rather than having two or three individual threads for one character's various identities.

Thing about those is, the first three threads of that nature that were started (Dazzler, Polaris, and Psylocke) were made to celebrate and spotlight X-(Wo)Men who were considered B-listers in the eyes of many, and thus needed a little love.

Bit confused as to how characters like Cyclops, Storm, and Wolverine came to merit their own appreciation threads.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

nah I don't think so, I think lets say, Batgirl fans for example would rather talk with/look for other fans in the Batman thread. Then look though a place with 100s of threads that have no connection to Batman.

They are only clogging up the place because people are remaking them. Given time they will slow down and look less clogged as other threads are made.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I'm all for some kind of sub-forum for those appreciation threads. I hate those damn things.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    nah I don't think so, I think lets say, Batgirl fans for example would rather talk with/look for other fans in the Batman thread. Then look though a place with 100s of threads that have no connection to Batman.

They are only clogging up the place because people are remaking them. Given time they will slow down and look less clogged as other threads are made.
    Yep. Using the old Batman board as an example, just prior to the forum's own flashpoint there were about thirty threads on the first page (not including sticky threads), of which only six of them were appreciation threads.

BANNED

I am coming out very much in favour of appreciation thread subforms.

ETA: damn, the Batman board is almost nothing but appreciation threads apparently. Away with these things please?
    Last edited by Carabas; 04-30-2014 at 05:17 PM.

They did not clog the forums before...given time they will not clog them up again. Some of them will die and move way down as other non appreciation threads will pop up.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.

We're discussing the appreciation thread situation at the moment. Stay tuned.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Awesome. Thanks for listening (even if you decide against it).

As a Supergirl Fan, and the person who re-started the Supergirl Appreciation thread on the Superman boards, I'm actually all in favor of having a specific Character Appreciation boards. I agree they seem to take up a lot of space on the main forums, so much so they warrant their own boards I think.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    They did not clog the forums before...given time they will not clog them up again. Some of them will die and move way down as other non appreciation threads will pop up.
    They were always very present, though. Often three or four (or six, I guess?) on a first page.

It's not the end of the world, but as they're not for actual discussion and consist nearly entirely of reposted fan-art, they seem like they might be better off in another area where they aren't nudging out other threads. That way, if I decide I need to see some cool pictures of Batwoman or something, I still can, but it's not right in the middle of ongoing discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Very cool, whatever you decide!
    Last edited by Cipher; 04-30-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    They were always very present, though. Often three or four (or six, I guess?) on a first page.

It's not the end of the world, but as they're not for actual discussion and consist nearly entirely of reposted fan-art, they seem like they might be better off in another area where they aren't nudging out other threads. That way, if I decide I need to see some cool pictures of Batwoman or something, I still can, but it's not right in the middle of ongoing discussions.

Very cool, whatever you decide!
    Woah! I don't know about the others but there was a lot of discussion in the Poison Ivy thread before. Not to much fan art post in till there was a lack of Ivy in the new52. When is popped back up in Batgirl, discussion started up again. There was plenty of actual discussion going on in the one I made. I normally made sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Thanks for letting us know. Make sure there is a voice for not make it too :P haha. But I am not gonna get pissy if you decide to make it.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 04-30-2014 at 05:52 PM.
    Pulls: