Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Just leave them. It's easier than starting a new thread every time one has a thought about Psylocke's actions from a back issue.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Woah! I don't know about the others but there was a lot of discussion in the Poison Ivy thread before. Not to much fan art post in till there was a lack of Ivy in the new52. When is popped back up in Batgirl, discussion started up again. There was plenty of actual discussion going on in the one I made. I normally made sure of it.
    That's fair. Maybe I'd just only ever clicked the fluffier ones.

BANNED

I think I'd appreciate an appreciation board...

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    That's fair. Maybe I'd just only ever clicked the fluffier ones.
    As guess as long as we keep them why should I care lol. But still I think it would be hard to find, and more thread about the said characters would pop up then needed in the main threads. When they should be talked about in the appreciation threads.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I think I'd appreciate an appreciation board...
    How do you keep them troll proof (if possible)? I saw more folks who hated Black Panther, John Stewart, Static & Young Avengers run into those threads and went to town on folks. Even when asked why are you in John Stewart's thread if you hate him and not Hal's who you love? The reply annoying you guys is more fun.

Maybe a sub section for appreciation threads would work.
    Ex-Green Lantern one with one for Hal, Guy, Kyle, Baz, John as the sticky ones and anyone else can be added and just float around.
    Now how you do Milestone, Avengers & some others would be a challenge.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    How do you keep them troll proof (if possible)? I saw more folks who hated Black Panther, John Stewart, Static & Young Avengers run into those threads and went to town on folks.
    Clear rules that the Appreciation Forum is for fans only and then reporting to mods if someone is buggin you.

Maybe a sub section for appreciation threads would work.
    Ex-Green Lantern one with one for Hal, Guy, Kyle, Baz, John as the sticky ones and anyone else can be added and just float around.
    Now how you do Milestone, Avengers & some others would be a challenge.
    A sticky thread at the top of the forum with an alphabetical list of characters appreciated and bookmarks to their threads, maybe divided by publisher, would work.

Just thoughts, I don't have a horse in this race.

They'll disappear down the forum list pretty quickly as other post topics start up.

I support this idea 100%. Give Appreciation threads their own forum. They really clog up the comic forums.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    They did not clog the forums before...given time they will not clog them up again. Some of them will die and move way down as other non appreciation threads will pop up.
    Oh yes they did. I always saw them in my way the day before the forum was restarted. Go look at the old forum there are just too many there.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Quote Originally Posted by OzBat! View Post
    They'll disappear down the forum list pretty quickly as other post topics start up.
    And then pop back up, then down, then back up again. In my experience they are a permanent fixture in the comic forums. That is not a good thing.
    Pull List

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Just leave them. It's easier than starting a new thread every time one has a thought about Psylocke's actions from a back issue.
    I would much rather read and parse a new thread about psylocke's current state of affairs than a 100 page psylocke appreciation thread with no idea where the new discussions begins/ends and I wouldn't have any clue if they are talking about it because the thread title gives me zero information. No, Appreciation threads need a subforum.
    Pull List

How do you keep them troll proof (if possible)? I saw more folks who hated Black Panther, John Stewart, Static & Young Avengers run into those threads and went to town on folks. Even when asked why are you in John Stewart's thread if you hate him and not Hal's who you love? The reply annoying you guys is more fun.
    You left out the fact that the John Stewart appreciation thread originally was something else entirely until just last summer.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

How do you keep them troll proof (if possible)?
    The Superman mod posted a thread about all the appreciation threads on his forum. He said anyone not appreciating the character in the thread would be considered a troll and banned for life without warning. A little harsh, I think, but having stiff penalties for not liking Killer Croc is a good place to start.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    I would much rather read and parse a new thread about psylocke's current state of affairs than a 100 page psylocke appreciation thread with no idea where the new discussions begins/ends and I wouldn't have any clue if they are talking about it because the thread title gives me zero information. No, Appreciation threads need a subforum.
    Like I said, I have had a bunch of discussions in the Poison Ivy one, at least before the forum reboot, I guess it just matters if something is going on with that character. The topics and discussions are going to slow down if that character is not getting a lot of use currently. And there is info in the Poison Ivy one for example. I made sure of it. And if you want to know something about the character, feel free to ask and not look though all the pages.

But like I said, I guess as long as we have them, whatever the mods wants is ok. But I would like to keep them where they are.

In the Batman one neps has made a rule have how you must have info and not just pictures in the OP, I think if we did that everyone and limited the picture posts, then it would work well.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Some place to put all the appreciations thread would indeed be nice. They are clogging up the x-boards so getting some kind of sub-board for them once again would be appreciated.