Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yeah. I agree with the sub-forum suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    I support this idea 100%. Give Appreciation threads their own forum. They really clog up the comic forums.
    But then that might be confusing if you like, say, the Superman characters, but don't want to scroll through all the Bat-characters, the Green Lantern characters, the teen characters, the Dark characters, the Justice League characters, etc. to find if there's already maybe a Krypto appreciation thread.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But then that might be confusing if you like, say, the Superman characters, but don't want to scroll through all the Bat-characters, the Green Lantern characters, the teen characters, the Dark characters, the Justice League characters, etc. to find if there's already maybe a Krypto appreciation thread.
    If they do this, they would just have to search "Krypto" in the search bar, to find out if there is one.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Yeah. I agree with the sub-forum suggestion.
    If you are talking about one for each title the way wrestling was once a sub-forum of TV/Film, that seems like a perfectly logical solution to the problem. They would be right there while new comic discussions would not be constantly bumped down the page as new appreciation posts were made.

I hope they go with subforums. I mean, I don't mind if, for example, all the Marvel ones are lumped together including Avengers, X-Men and general, but I'd like at least the main forum pages to be free of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    I hope they go with subforums. I mean, I don't mind if, for example, all the Marvel ones are lumped together including Avengers, X-Men and general, but I'd like at least the main forum pages to be free of them.
    I agree with you, Sundowhn. I liked the X-Men Appreciation forum being a subforum of the X-Men forum. They're such nice, friendly spaces to enjoy artwork and discussion and it would be a shame if people felt inhibited about bumping an Appreciation thread when they had something to say about a character because they didn't want to push a recent or future release comic discussion off the front page.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I agree with this idea! I'm really gonna miss the Appretiation threads and Classic Forums. They were the few shining spots for me on the old forum. All that work, graphics and info gone... :-/
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-02-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    ...I'd like at least the main forum pages to be free of them.
    Yes, please!

Another vote here. Watching all the current comics discussion get pushed down the page by these threads kind of ruins the current discussion.

All-New Member

Please banish them to a subforum. I quit reading the X-books board for quite awhile because they were always clogging up every page, along with those such-and-such character week threads. Once the appreciation threads got their own subforum, I found myself visiting more often. Even posting instead of just lurking.

Thankyou all for your input and thoughts. Discussions are continuing about appreciation threads.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Default Request: Create new sub-forum for Appreciation Threads

Hi,

Will it be ok if we have the same set-up as before where all appreciation threads are included in a separate sub forum?
    I hope I'm not asking too much.

Thanks in advance!