All-New Member

Default Superior Spider-Man Oversized Hardcovers

Does anyone know if they will be release more hardcovers for Superior Spider-Man. I just recently got into comics and I was thinking about getting into Spider-Man. However I want to make sure if I start the hardcovers for Superior Spider-Man, I will be able to collect the entire run of Superior Spider-Man in hardcover form.

Unknown. Marvel has a habit of not finishing the runs they are publishing in certain formats.

We have had vol's 1 and 2 in oversized format and there was around a 7 month gap between them being published.

On the timescale, vol 3 should have already been solicited for a release around December but that had not been the case.

They may have decided to delay The release a little long due to the release of issues 32 and 33 later this year so as to have a more sutiable gap between the hypothetical vol's 3 and 4.

My fear is that we will not get a vol 3 or 4 and it now goes straight to omnibus, that would suck.

Amazing Member

STILL waiting for the second ultimate spiderman omnibus. What's that been now? 2, nearly 3 years. Marvel certainly like to keep the fans waiting.

All-New Member

Well that is depressing. I guess I will hold off on buying the Oversized Hardcovers for Superior Spider-Man and continue to pick up all of the Premiere Hardcovers for Marvel NOW! / All-New Marvel NOW! I just started getting into comics and collecting the hardcovers seemed the best idea to catch up with. I am still on the fence if I really want to start buying single paper comics. It is too bad Marvel is so wishy washy with releasing collected editions, especially Oversized Hardcovers.

If you want to get into Spider-Man then you're in luck, a new series started just this month. As for Superior Spider-Man....I'd be surprised if anything like that came out any time soon. I think the easiest way to get em at this point would be to purchase them digitally, however if you're not a digital guy then I'm not quite sure what I'd do!

This has been a topic of discussion over in the Marvel Collected Editions Thread. Personally I think an omnibus is going to happen, but hope that we get the rest of the OHC's first.