Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
Are you just asking for any comic book example in which soldiers defy the god of war? How about Perez's Wonder Woman 6, in which Michaelis, Trevor and Candy side with Wonder Woman against Ares and his pawn Tolliver? Tolliver had let himself become Ares' pawn, but the others would not. Influential as Ares can be, it's still a choice.
I'm asking you to show where a mortal soldier in this continuity defied the direct telepathic orders of the god of war.

The solicit for the SM/WW Annual says all the earth's heroes, "super" and not, will be against Diana. Presumably, many of those heroes can be considered heroes. Hopefully, we'll see if all of them find that Diana speaking in their minds takes choice away. I doubt that it would.
Only soldiers, remember.

"Natural" and "artifically" are important words there. Starfox's power, as far as I know, is not "artificial" and is "natural" to him, though it is beyond what would be "natural" to a human being. There's probably no existing law to regulate that. Perhaps if there were people with extraordinarily potent pheromones, there'd be legislation to require them to disclose that before having relations with people. Sure, you could argue that a a god should disclose her godhood before giving orders; but Diana does that, unless you're really counting "What did she do?" as an order, which seems a bit legalistic to me. I'm not sure it really is even classified information; I find it doubtful that the military could justify classifying their reasons for detaining a reporter in circumstances like these.
You're kidding about the military thing, right?

Also, your legal argue to basically exonerates Dr Psycho from any crime where he uses his natural telepathy to convince somebody to do something terrible.

"Immediate and total" isn't the same as "involuntary." Sometimes we make choices without taking time to think about them; that's not advisable, but they're still our choices.
so your argument here isn't that he's mind controlled! he's just incompetent.

Exactly.
Exactly. He's a soldier and she's war so he has to do what she says.

Just to be clear, your explanation is that he hears her talking in his mind and she reveals that she is war, and he understands that in being war she represents the best and most honourable ideals of war, and that in coming to this unspoken and possibly subconscious realisation he instantly realises that she is deserving of his trust, by which process he makes an immediate choice to follow her instructions to ignore his previous standing orders and release his prisoner.

My explanation is that he's a soldier and he has to obey the god of war.

And your explanation is the simple one.

Okay.