Thread: Secret Six #9

Default Secret Six #9

This was an amazing issue. Lots of Swamp Thing and Ragdoll, the two coolest characters in DC.
    spoilers:
    Catman vs Aquaman concludes. Aquaman smells like tuna and doesn't care.
    Some Lovecraftian Old One's that resemble a giant psychedelic booger almost blot out the heavens.
    Strix wears a prom dress.
    Alice wants to commit suicide for the greater good.
    end of spoilers

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I enjoyed this issue. Lots of fun stuff. Secret Six continues to be one of my favorite DC books. I just hope Black Alice survives all this.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Spectacular Member

This book seems to have found its groove: snappy dialogue, fantastic art, outlandishly wild plots and fights. Gail's still not doing anything with Porcelain's characterization, which is a bummer. I was a little disappointed that she swiped her own "Catman smells a superhero's lunch" gag from her first Secret Six ongoing. Otherwise, another bizarre and fun issue. The continued cameos/references to Knockout and Liana were a nice bonus for fans of the preboot SS title.

Astonishing Member

I love that Secret Six has essentially become the Secret Nine ... plus the entire JL Dark side of the universe. Plus Aquaman and Arion references, and generally just Gail recognizing how damn good it is to pair Aquaman stuff with Lovecraft Horror.

Derenick was a great fill-in here.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

It was a great issue. Secret Six is by far my favorite big two series right now.

Better than the last issue, but overall I'm feeling cold. I think I'll just re-read old Secret Six instead and will return later to this title, if reviews continues to be good.

I knew the Elder God they face would turn out to be M'nagalah. Gail seems fond of the Cancer God.

Good issue. I like that the new guys are getting a bit more use than previous arcs. Porcelain, in particular, seems like could use some spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Better than the last issue, but overall I'm feeling cold. I think I'll just re-read old Secret Six instead and will return later to this title, if reviews continues to be good.
    I dropped it after last issue. It's not doing enough for me at the moment but like yourself i may return to it at a later date

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Really enjoying this book.I love how organically the characters are growing on each other.Nice to see some members of the previous team appear.

Finally caught up on this series. I legit loled at stryx in the prom dress. I still dont love all the new characters (especially scarface and the ventriloquist) but this storyline seems like she is mixing secret six and day of vengeance which was a really good mini series that sucked when it tried to go ongoing. With a little bit of Runways volume one thrown in. I am liking what I see