Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Can't believe DC doesn't have any events planned for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The company that drove Fawcett into bankruptcy doesn't care about Captain Marvel? What a shock.
    BB

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez depicts one awesome Captain Marvel!!!

https://www.facebook.com/JoseLuisGar...04562112917403
    It's very good. It reminds me a lot of Perez's style.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The most I can think of is a possible Shazam relaunch with Johns and Frank, now that volume 2 of Batman Earth-1 is finished.

There's just so much left to touch on, especially since we haven't seen Billy's siblings in a while, Sivana and Mr. Mind, Billy learning and dealing with Black Adam being alive, and whatever's happening in Kahndaq. All of which are probably "reserved" for Johns to deal with.

Multiversity and Convergence has done more to celebrate Captain Marvel than DC seems to be doing for his anniversary...

Boisterously Confused

Is anybody else sorry that DC let the name go? I get that they could never put it on a cover, but Shazam just doesn't work as a character name (except for the old guy with the beard down in the subway tunnel).

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Is anybody else sorry that DC let the name go? I get that they could never put it on a cover, but Shazam just doesn't work as a character name (except for the old guy with the beard down in the subway tunnel).
    Yeah. It's hard to adjust to it when I grew up with him primarily as Captain Marvel and "Shazam" was just his transformation phrase, and now the phrase is just plainly his name.

Apparently a lot of people thought that "Shazam" actually was his name before it was made official, which seems a little ridiculous to me, but I still associate the Captain Marvel title with Billy far more than I do Carol Danvers.

Captain Marvel is a much more dynamic and iconic a name then Shazam is in my opinion .

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah. It's hard to adjust to it when I grew up with him primarily as Captain Marvel and "Shazam" was just his transformation phrase, and now the phrase is just plainly his name.

Apparently a lot of people thought that "Shazam" actually was his name before it was made official, which seems a little ridiculous to me, but I still associate the Captain Marvel title with Billy far more than I do Carol Danvers.

Captain Marvel is a much more dynamic and iconic a name then Shazam is in my opinion .
    If they had to switch, I wish they'd used Captain Thunder.

BANNED

Angry 40th anniversary of ' Who Stole Billy Batson's Thunder?' (1975-2015)

The culprit IS a comicbook woman but her identity is revealed to be;
    shazam__19_by_luvfemuscle-d6pbmfd.jpgTHORDIS?!

BANNED

Congrats to Billy for being a concept for 75 years but I don't think DC will consider this his 75th anniversary. I'm pretty sure they based Superman's 75th on how long he's been apart of the company and Capt. Marvel wasn't a part of DC till the 70's

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Congrats to Billy for being a concept for 75 years but I don't think DC will consider this his 75th anniversary. I'm pretty sure they based Superman's 75th on how long he's been apart of the company and Capt. Marvel wasn't a part of DC till the 70's
    Party poop.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    With one magic word... Shazam! the Worlds Mightiest Mortal is something DC could always put on a cover.
    Shazam is the name of the wizard.

"Shazam!" ALSO works as a call to action for Captain Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I think they'd be fine celebrating his Fawcett years, they hold the rights to republish all that material.
    They can celebrate the whole history of the character.

Hopefully Timm and company do an animated through the years short like they did for Superman & Batman.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-10-2015 at 11:36 AM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    With one magic word... Shazam! the Worlds Mightiest Mortal is something DC could always put on a cover.
    Shazam is the name of the wizard.

"Shazam!" ALSO works as a call to action for Captain Marvel!
    It's a shame DC didn't go with Thomas' idea for a race switched Captain Thunder when first proposed. Especially at the time, it could have been both innovative and amazing.images.jpg

The most I can think of is a possible Shazam relaunch with Johns and Frank, now that volume 2 of Batman Earth-1 is finished.
    Frank has started drawing Batman Earth One Vol. 3 so that won't be happening any time soon. So many characters are on their second tries since the New 52 launched (Deathstroke, Constantine, Teen Titans, etc). A second series has just been announced for Harley Quinn. Captain Marvel has a movie that's been announces and still DC stalls. Johns wants it and is holding it for himself. I can't believe they squandered the momentum of launching it out of Justice League after the backups ended with the full issue devoted to the last chapter. Instead, Johns just had him join the League where he has done NOTHING of interest and is constantly making goofy comments that remind me of his mercifully brief time on the post-Crisis relaunch of Justice League. I'm tired of waiting. Captain Marvel's last ongoing in-continuity series was the Power of Shazam which ended in 1999. Shazam is one of the most constantly requested titles. What's the holdup?!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I think they'd be fine celebrating his Fawcett years, they hold the rights to republish all that material.
    They can celebrate the whole history of the character.

Hopefully Timm and company do an animated through the years short like they did for Superman & Batman.
    Captain Marvel deserves no less.