Default Lego DC Comics Superheroes: Justice League vs. Bizarro League (Spoilers)

This movie is essentially a Superman and a Bizarro movie (duh!). If you're looking for an all-ages, funny movie that certainly doesn't take itself seriously, this is for you. It is a direct continuation of the Cartoon Network special Lego DC Comics: Batman Be-Leaguered.

Batman is more paranoid than ever. His whole intention for being on the Justice League is so that he can keep an eye on Superman, whom he completely distrusts. He believes Superman's ultimate plan is to destroy humanity, always jumping on this hunch with eager anticipation to confirm his worst fears. If you're one of those Superman fans who hates the Superman/Batman rivalry, I would actually call this a must-see, because the movie takes it to absolutely absurd, parodic levels. Batman even spoilers:
    monologues about how he carries a lead box of Kryptonite is ready to use it when the moment demands for it. In a follow-up scene, the Justice League enter's Lexcorp tower and Batman finds Luthor's plans, designed almost exactly like your run-of-the-mill Lego instruction manual, on how to defeat Superman. Batman marvels at the instructions completeness and straightforwardness, he seems intent on plagiarizing it. When Batman notices Superman approach him, Batman gets nervous and Superman kind of naively says it's just like Batman to destroy Luthor's plan. However, Superman's not so foolish as to not know that Batman doesn't trust him, and later even comments about the box of Kryptonite Batman's always carrying around. Then comes my favorite part of the movie, when Superman says he knows Batman is Bruce Wayne. Batman denies it, and says it'd be impossible for Superman to know Batman's secret ID when Batman's wearing a lead-lined cowl. Superman says it's because he can read the name "Bruce Wayne" stitched to his underwear, which he saw using his X-Ray vision. Batman, of course, saves face by saying Superman is Clark Kent. Superman asks how Batman can know that, and then Batman gives the most obvious answer why. Because...
    end of spoilers

The other big subplot, besides Darkseid, is Superman and Bizarro's relationship. Bizarro is a well-meaning guy who always screws things up Bizarro-style. But despite being Superman's imperfect clone, he is actually as pure of heart as Superman, and just wants to be as much the hero as the big guy himself. As we see in one of the movie's early trailers, everyone just assumes Bizarro is Superman's brother, which Superman keeps correcting. spoilers:
    Superman ends up finding Bizarro World, and leaves Bizarro there to tend to the planet so that Bizarro doesn't cause more problems. The place has no plant or animal life, but Superman uses the planets weird rocks to create a make-believe city with make-believe citizens to save (think Wilson from Castaway). But deep down, Bizarro knows that Superman sent him there because Superman's embarrassed of Bizarro. After making the Bizarro League, as seen in another trailer, Bizarro finds one of Luthor's Kryptonite bombs, which Bizarro figures he could use to save the day and also take Superman out. But in this 48-minute film, you know Bizarro and Superman patch up their misunderstandings, and Superman accepts Bizarro as his brother. My second favorite part of the movie is how Bizarro asks if they can be twin brothers, and Superman says fraternal.
    end of spoilers

The other JL members don't get too much play. Flash is in the movie, but there's no Bizarro Flash, probably because that would be too redundant with Prof. Zoom. Wonder Woman thinks Guy Gardner is the cockiest coward, and Gardner thinks she's just lame (in Hollywood, that would usually mean they become lovers). Finally, the end of the movie foreshadows a possible sequel, showing spoilers:
    that Lex has Martian Manhunter in captivitiy.
    end of spoilers

Well, seems like a great movie

I am glad that DC is still making movies (shorts?) like these. We need more DC fans (particularly in the kid demographic). And the animated movies these days are too mature for younger kids.

Last year, we had Lego Movie, Batman: Be Leagured, and Trapped in Time (If I remember correctly, the end credit scene was a setup for a sequel).

And this one is getting a sequel.

On the Lego side, we are getting Lego: Batman spinoff.
    Last edited by Triple J; 02-01-2015 at 07:14 AM.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

I was watching this with my little brother, thought it was pretty amusing, especially when Grodd had Deathstroke stealing Banana's xD. Cyborgs voice was slightly annoying though. All in all I was pleasantly surprised, fun movie.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

My favorite scene in the movie, as mentioned in the spoiler box above. It's a video clip.