Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Amazing Spider-Man, #2

• Electro's power is out of control! And only one person can fix it...
    • ...the Superior Spider-Man!
    • Wait. This book's the AMAZING Spider-Man now.
    • So we're probably out of luck.
    • Plus: That thing that freaked you out last issue? There's more on that. The return of you-know-who? There's MUCH more on that. Action! Drama! Surprises! There's MORE OF EVERYTHING!

Full article here.

In that last panel, where are Spider-Woman's and Cap's left feet, and Iron Man's right foot? And, if MJ has left Peter's life for good and Marvel has no intention of ever getting them back together, why do they keep twisting the knife into the old fans by having her on a variant cover like this? If she's gone, fine. She's gone. Stop being sadists and move on for crying out loud.

And, if MJ has left Peter's life for good and Marvel has no intention of ever getting them back together, why do they keep twisting the knife into the old fans by having her on a variant cover like this? If she's gone, fine. She's gone. Stop being sadists and move on for crying out loud.
    Because Dagma she will be back its just a question of when hence why she appears all the time, personally i want her to move on and let spidey date someone new.

In that last panel, where are Spider-Woman's and Cap's left feet, and Iron Man's right foot?
    The drawing of spidey hides them

Is it just me or is Spidey on his way off the Avengers, pretty sure Cap won't like getting sucker punched twice
    Truth is the best policy

You guys think Peter is pissed because steve knew where venom was and didn't tell him? I ask because I don't think peter knew about agent venom at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    You guys think Peter is pissed because steve knew where venom was and didn't tell him? I ask because I don't think peter knew about agent venom at the time.
    Pretty sure because Vemon was pissed at Spidey and he made some promise about putting him down if he had done anything to betty. It was in the venom series and he wasn't at the final battle with the spider queen in spider island.
    Truth is the best policy

www.TheVenomSite.com TheVenomSite's Avatar

I really can't wait for the eventual Spidey (as Parker) and Venom (as Flash) showdown! I've been looking forward to it since the start of Venom's previous on-going series.
    TheVenomSite for all your symbiote needs!

Follow on Twitter, Reddit, and Tumblr too!

All-New Member

Is it just me or is Spidey on his way off the Avengers, pretty sure Cap won't like getting sucker punched twice
    But he more than deserves it. All of them do. Tony especially.

I hope Peter tells them off for failing him so badly.

Fantastic Member

So it appears that Silk knows Peter is Spider-Man. Shouldn't she have forgotten this along with the rest of the world?

Incredible Member

[deleted.]
    Last edited by xpyred; 04-16-2017 at 08:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    So it appears that Silk knows Peter is Spider-Man. Shouldn't she have forgotten this along with the rest of the world?
    Yeah I was wondering that myself after I got off the forums. Hopefully it'll be mentioned as to why she remembers/knows.

Spectacular Member Gladiator7117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Damnyellow View Post

How did they fail him? Ock took over his mind. Did you want the Avengers to put him down for good? That was the last option. I think they did everything they could. Ock erased the results.

And now that's Kaine, Silk, Venom, Miguel that can make their own webbing while Pete is stuck with artificial web shooters. I guess it makes for more interesting stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator7117 View Post
    How did they fail him? Ock took over his mind. Did you want the Avengers to put him down for good? That was the last option. I think they did everything they could. Ock erased the results.
    Yeah but they knew who he was, knew the kind of guy he was, how often was Spock brought in front of the avengers without any of the Geniuses being present. I think thats what Damnyellow is getting at. Its not about putting him down for example Peter memories were erased because the avengers scanned his mind and ock noticed something and Widow hands the results to him without questioning why.

Quote Originally Posted by Damnyellow View Post

Very true its just seems I'm one of the rare ones who likes spidey on the avengers. I'll wait and see what happens within the issue but I DON'T want him going back to being broke on his own and all annoying with the angst.
    Truth is the best policy

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator7117 View Post
    Basically:
    (1) They performed a scan without actually having the experts who could *read* the scans around, and never asked for a second opinion on the data. That's careless.
    (2) Tony has the data RIGHT THERE. The very same chapter before he lets Ock know he still has the data, he shows that he probably doesn't really have huge scruples about privacy anyway, so I don't buy him not checking it out.
    (3) They have a lot of pieces to work with. The avengers are the ones who TOLD Spider-man that Ock wanted to see him, calling not for 'spider-man' but for 'Peter Parker'. Immediately after Ock has some last-ditch fight against Spidey, popularized on the news, he suddenly behaves like a different person.

At the very least, they could have been more thorough. Even after the proof was so clear and even Tony started to believed they needed to look into it closer, they still didn't uncover the problem?

They're incompetent jokes, just like the late ol' Ock himself said. They failed Peter completely.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Yeah but they knew who he was, knew the kind of guy he was, how often was Spock brought in front of the avengers without any of the Geniuses being present. I think thats what Damnyellow is getting at. Its not about putting him down for example Peter memories were erased because the avengers scanned his mind and ock noticed something and Widow hands the results to him without questioning why.

Very true its just seems I'm one of the rare ones who likes spidey on the avengers. I'll wait and see what happens within the issue but I DON'T want him going back to being broke on his own and all annoying with the angst.
    If a good friend or co-worker asked you for something doing with him/herself, why would you question it? The Avengers weren't going for the stories Spock was making up, but they still couldn't put their finger on it. It's not like they're going to guess "Doc Ock must have taken over." It seems Wolverine was the only one with the right idea. Telepath. No one failed Pete. He just got beat by Ock