Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

So Johns is gone already eh. Shouldn't be surprised really. He left just as NEW KRYPTON got into gear, and here he is leaving just after a highly hyped introduction of a new power and suit. It looks like all Johns did was pull the book back from where Lobdell took it (put Clark back at the Planet....have Jimmy lose his fortune and find out Clark's secret....and that's it really). So I guess we can look at this as a small blip in the scheme of things.

Thankfully, we still have Pak on his books. So hopefully we won't see things unravel like they did the last time Johns left.

The only upsetting thing is that we didn't see the promised Lois Lane featured issue, but I've come accustomed to Lois being pushed aside like she's old garbage by DC's current brain trust. Gotta push the "Power couple", after all!

As for the status of SUPERMAN...I guess JR JR is going solo for #40 and #41?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It's better than some other New 52 Superman runs, but it is clearly below Johns' normal level of quality. I still get the feeling that he didn't really want to write Superman, but he sort of had to because the Superman books were struggling some and needed a high profile writer to take over the direction of the franchise.
    I have a feeling Johns didn't want to write the New 52 version of Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybay View Post
    Might as well read the run because John's is done: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/02...by-geoff-johns
    Interesting...I wonder if his next gig is going to be Justice Society, set on one of the 7 "mysterious worlds" in the Multiverse and starring the classic JSA?

Nope, Johns is only doing Justice League after Convergence. But we are going to get an Earth-2: Society title. Whatever that ends up being.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

The only upsetting thing is that we didn't see the promised Lois Lane featured issue, but I've come accustomed to Lois being pushed aside like she's old garbage by DC's current brain trust. Gotta push the "Power couple", after all!
    nice things and diversity happens, but not to Lois. Dc is very bipolar about her and WW

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Nope, Johns is only doing Justice League after Convergencence.
    Makes total sense, considering all of Johns' other roles at DC/WB. I'm bummed that he's leaving, but at least he's still on Justice League. He writes a great Superman on that title, in my opinion.

I have a feeling Johns didn't want to write the New 52 version of Superman.
    Quite possible. And that's fine, find people who do. Because he's an awesome character, worthy of proper characterization, as shown when guys like Morrison and Pak write him.

Always Rakzo

Yes, to me it has been pretty rock solid and even if he didn't plan to work on the series (nor stay that long for that matter) he still made some pretty relevant changes and enjoyable stories.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gorn Identity View Post
    Makes total sense, considering all of Johns' other roles at DC/WB. I'm bummed that he's leaving, but at least he's still on Justice League. He writes a great Superman on that title, in my opinion.
    Generally, I have no real complaints about his Superman on Justice League, beyond some general complaints that get levied at most writers; mainly that they tend to disregard his intellect and education. Johns is as guilty of that as most writers, but its not Johns as much as just how people tend to treat him these days.

He doesnt use enough of the outlaw social crusader in my opinion and sticks far too closely to the Reeves-style approach, but in Justice League it's not nearly as bad as in solo titles.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.