Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Storm, #8

In Greg Pak and Al Barrionuevo's "Storm" #8, Ororo confronts Harmon and the Senator in rather public fashion.

Full review here.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

This review was pretty spot on even mentioning parts such as inconsistencies with the dialogue and art that I didn't catch. This issue was by far my most favorite of the series. Here we see her able to shine as a superhero should. I would echo the reviewer sentiment that Pak gets Ororo and he writes her in a way that is fun and relatable but still in line with what Claremont was able to do to make her an iconic character.

I'm rooting for the series as well but if it is ending at issue 12 I must say Pak you have done an incredible job with the series and the character. Thank you again marvel for giving Ororo her long overdue chance at a solo ongoing.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-20-2015 at 04:06 PM.

BANNED

This is a very nice review and one I can agree with. This title is getting better and better with each issue. Anyone who cares one bit about Storm should read this book!

agreed with the above sentiments. This review is fair and pretty spot on. Besides issue #1 this is my favorite story in the series so far.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Why do they save the solid art for the glacial Bendis renderings?????

BANNED

I dont have my copy yet but its good to see cbr rated the issue with 4 stars.

Great review. I've yet to read an issue of this series that has warranted less than 4 stars. It is beautifully written, well-paced, and sincere. It captures everything to love about Ororo Munroe. We get to see her compassion, her power, and even her rebellious side like we saw in this issue. In a perfect world, this book would be a top 10 seller every month. I guess Storm is just too awesome for some people to handle.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.