Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Can You Guys Just Relax About the Treatment of the X-Men? They'll Be Fine

Continuing from the thread's title, there's literally nothing to worry about. Do we still get comics, yes. Hell, we get a metric crap-ton of X-books. As for the potential for X-Men comics to get cancelled, it's simply because they don't sell. Merchandise is still coming out, though they may not be as plentiful. Just go to Hot Topic if you want X-Men shirts or Funko Pop! figures, & go to Toys R' Us if you want X-Men figures, plus there's a Wolverine DoFP Hot Toys figure if my memory serves me correct. And the lack of an X-Men cartoon, the current shows are still recovering from Loeb messing with them & they're basically advertisement for the MCU plus Spider-Man (who may join the MCU in due time), so it's not a big loss. Plus there's the X-Men live-action show that Fox is trying to put out, so I'm sure that'll make up for the lack of a new X-Men cartoon. And like I've said in The Complex, multiple Battleworld locations are specific to the X-Men, something you wouldn't do for a franchise on its way out. In short, the mutants will be fine, & we have nothing to fear. As long as we keep buying the comics, the mutants will stick around.

And before anyone brings up the Uncanny Inhumans comic, the Inhumans have had that title for decades. Plus the Inhumans are an incoming MCU franchise, hence the number of comics that are being released.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Thanks, good to know.

BANNED

I won't relax.

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    I won't relax.
    Why? It's not like the mutants are going anywhere. They still sell, & Marvel knows this.

BANNED

The X-Men haven't been "fine" since Carey & Gillen left. We've had crap story after crap story and Emma, Beast & Storm are completely different people now.

BANNED

I won't relax until we start get good X-Men stories, at a consistent clip.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    Why? It's not like the mutants are going anywhere. They still sell, & Marvel knows this.
    Because some want quality and arent happy with the X-Men simply being "there."

I expect more from Marvel - they had and have talented people working for them - they should be producing quality work across the line.

It's simple, they aren't listening to the fans - the X-Men are the Daniel Bryan of the comic world...

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    I expect more from Marvel - they had and have talented people working for them - they should be producing quality work across the line.

It's simple, they aren't listening to the fans - the X-Men are the Daniel Bryan of the comic world...
    Every series has its winners & losers. Avengers has its fair share of mediocre or stories that aren't noteworthy, & the main Guardians book is meh at best. For reference, the Cyclops story that I've been keeping up with is pretty solid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post

They aren't producing consistent quality, because they're not having the right people write these stories.

Along with stupid ideas, like the O5. I'm enjoying Cyclop's solo book, but I still think it's a stupid idea. We already have young X-Men (yes, X-Men, as they should be at least on Armor's level; hell, even she doesn't get enough spotlight....why isn't she in the adjectiveless X-book, again?), yet they practically refuse to use/acknowledge them a majority of the time.
    Last edited by HeWhoSlapsAll; 02-01-2015 at 07:48 PM.

This thread is... wow. Can't find any better words to describe this thread.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I want Marvel to use the same level of strorytelling B4 the Disney purchase, I want nonWolverine focused Xmen video games.
    I don't hate Wanda or the Avengers (but I might hate SHIELD) but i'm tired of the X being thrashed since it's Coperate Overloads don't get 100% profit from the merchandising.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    This thread is... wow. Can't find any better words to describe this thread.
    Why? Where do you stand?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    They aren't producing any quality, because they're not having the right people write these stories.

Along with stupid ideas, like the O5. I'm enjoying Cyclop's solo book, but I still think it's a stupid idea. We already have young X-Men (yes, X-Men, as they should be at least on Armor's level; hell, even she doesn't get enough spotlight....why isn't she in the adjectiveless X-book, again?), yet they practically refuse to use/acknowledge them a majority of the time.
    The newbies generally don't sell...and, for every good one, there are a ton of lame ones...almost makes me wish for another exploding bus to take out most of Aaron's students (not that he's to blame for ALL of the lame ones...just the majority).

And keep hearing from so many what a stupid idea the O5 plotline is...and yet many of those same people admit the Cyclops series is great and All New is the highest selling x-book...so apparently someone out there doesn't think it's so stupid...personally, I think a lot of the plot ideas Bendis has come up with are actually good...it's just the execution that's often lacking...but he has had some great character moments here and there...but I agree pretty much all of the other x-books are currently mediocre at best.

That said, let's not pretend the quality issue is limited to the x-titles...for every truly good Marvel book, there are at least two that are mediocre or outright suck...and some of them are even high sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Why? Where do you stand?
    No where, I'm neutral. I think people have the right to worrying about something they love but the current condition is not bad enough in my opinion. But to create a thread to tell people to do something on internet forum is a little bit... what the word... well, can't find any better words than wow.
    Last edited by veriaqa; 02-01-2015 at 07:57 PM.