Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kumiho View Post
    Yeah, I'd say this is what most people are fearing. It's not so much that the X-Men as a whole are going to be written off. It's a question of which characters are likely to fall between the cracks. There is the concern that anyone who does not make an appearance in Secret Wars may not have any chance of appearing in the new world of MASTURBATION. It's a metaphysical question of whether anyone not in that joined world may not be able to crossover into the new world which is formed, so could DisMarvel use this as an opportunity to trim the fat(in their opinion) of which characters they want to keep, and which they have no use for. Rachael, I think will be okay. She may not get as much panel time as she deserves, but she's still pretty prominent in the X-men. For that matter, I would say any heroine in general, will probably be fine, given the big push to have more female characters.... to the point we have more leading ladies then male characters who are still viable heroes. It's the ones DisMarvel has shown a serious disinterest in which we have to worry about.
    Okay, I can relate to this. This is why I'm going to be doing my best to make my voice heard (be it online or with my wallet) and make sure my favorites don't slip through those deathcracks.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    So, more of the same old rhetoric. Remember last year during SDCC when they had no X-Men panel or news and the suggestions was Bendis would be at the New York con and have some news and maybe a panel there. Yeah.

Do you think Fantastic Four is done? I think you have expressed that you share the belief. Do you remember Brevoort saying how they had no plans to cancel Fantastic Four and all that... but, hey maybe they actually back up that claim and put Bendis on the title.
    To be fair, there was much more smoke from F4 than there is or ever was for X-Men. The assumption for X-Men came from the fact that Fox also owns the rights to the X-Men as far as live-action interpretations go. Marvel can't get away with expunging the X-Men, they can get away with the Fantastic Four.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Yeah, I'd say this is what most people are fearing. It's not so much that the X-Men as a whole are going to be written off. It's a question of which characters are likely to fall between the cracks. There is the concern that anyone who does not make an appearance in Secret Wars may not have any chance of appearing in the new world of MASTURBATION. It's a metaphysical question of whether anyone not in that joined world may not be able to crossover into the new world which is formed, so could DisMarvel use this as an opportunity to trim the fat(in their opinion) of which characters they want to keep, and which they have no use for. Rachael, I think will be okay. She may not get as much panel time as she deserves, but she's still pretty prominent in the X-men. For that matter, I would say any heroine in general, will probably be fine, given the big push to have more female characters.... to the point we have more leading ladies then male characters who are still viable heroes. It's the ones DisMarvel has shown a serious disinterest in which we have to worry about.
    Same here. In my case, I'm mostly concerned about whenever adult Jean can come back or not after SW if she doesn't come back during the event.
    Last edited by The Thunderbird; 02-06-2015 at 08:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    To be fair, there was much more smoke from F4 than there is or ever was for X-Men. The assumption for X-Men came from the fact that Fox also owns the rights to the X-Men as far as live-action interpretations go. Marvel can't get away with expunging the X-Men, they can get away with the Fantastic Four.
    That has only been my stance, though, that it is a matter of IF they can ever get away with it, and for them that might not mean the same it does to any of us. With the other SW (Star Wars) in the mix now, that is going to be priority for talent and marketing, they may not have to kill X-Men quickly as much as just neglect it until it is as expendable as F4 became.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    So, more of the same old rhetoric. Remember last year during SDCC when they had no X-Men panel or news and the suggestions was Bendis would be at the New York con and have some news and maybe a panel there. Yeah.

Do you think Fantastic Four is done? I think you have expressed that you share the belief. Do you remember Brevoort saying how they had no plans to cancel Fantastic Four and all that... but, hey maybe they actually back up that claim and put Bendis on the title.
    I certainly agree that you can't trust anything Marvel says. But if we look at the objective evidence, I can't see any reason why they would cancel X-Men and every reason why they will have at least a few X-books going forward (even if streamlined from the current number).

The Fantastic Four has been on a downward slide ever since the 60's. For the vast majority of the time it could only sustain 1 book and the sales on that book haven't reached any great heights for decades now. You just can't compare it to the X-Men.

I think part of this fear is maybe that people know the books need to be streamlined, but fear maybe that one or more of their favourite characters will be benched for a significant amount of time as a result. I think this is just a reality though. I don't see how the current number of monthly books can be maintained. Especially with Marvel, understandably, eager to branch out and broaden the appeal of it's comics.

Look at Spider-Man. He used to have 4 monthly books devoted solely to him and at least one limited series going on at any one time. Now he has one monthly. Is Marvel looking to get rid of Spider-man? No. It's that what came before could not be sustained. The market had changed. And incidentally, until Superior, Spider-man had been pretty crap in my opinion. But then other people liked that stuff, so it is somewhat in the eye of the beholder.
    Last edited by mikef; 02-21-2015 at 12:17 AM.

A voice of reason. This is what I'm feeling as well.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    In fact Scott until today just saved and recruited members but neither he knows the course of this supposed revolution and this will be approached soon I think.

I believe he will have no success because the writer does not want it to succeed or simply the status quo. If Scott attract too much attention as revolutionary and its cause gain strength and many supporters among humans would be like assuming that he was right to AVX and that would make Steve and the Avengers as well as authorities such as Shield and world governments villains.

Anyway it will be fun to see how far he can go until it fails or Secret Wars begin.
    yeah, can we get someone to lead the revolution that actually has experience running a revolt, like Cable or Dazzler?