Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    He was always going to leave now...he technically told us months ago, we just didn't notice.
    The part that utterly cracks me up is that quite a few folks out there just wouldn't stop complaining about Bendis' plotting being totes predictable.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

He was always going to leave now...he technically told us months ago, we just didn't notice. Him and Marks didn't have any plans for this current generation of X-comics past the end of Secret Wars. I think Bendis was brought on to lead the X-Men into this moment.

----

Well, we know now that creators knew years in advance that this was coming. Bendis surely would've been among those told.

All-New X-Men #1 - November 2012
    Avengers #1 - December 2012
    New Avengers #1 - January 2013
    Uncanny X-Men #1 - February 2013

I can't help but think Bendis must've known he'd eventually be at this point and has been planning accordingly. Is that why we had to put up with the O5 being brought to now? So that they'd survive the incursion? (If so, that is so dumb... It demonstrates a lack of faith in your present-day crop of characters. There's really no need to bring the O5 to the present--But this is a whole different rant, so I'll stop.)

So hey, maybe he doesn't suddenly have only four months to wrap everything up from this point!
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 02-05-2015 at 09:24 AM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post

----

Well, we know now that creators knew years in advance that this was coming. Bendis surely would've been among those told.

All-New X-Men #1 - November 2012
    Avengers #1 - December 2012
    New Avengers #1 - January 2013
    Uncanny X-Men #1 - February 2013

I can't help but think Bendis must've known he'd eventually be at this point and has been planning accordingly. Is that why we had to put up with the O5 being brought to now? So that they'd survive the incursion? (If so, that is so dumb... It demonstrates a lack of faith in your present-day crop of characters. There's really no need to bring the O5 to the present--But this is a whole different rant, so I'll stop.)

So hey, maybe he doesn't suddenly have only four months to wrap everything up from this point!
    Yeah, last June Bendis, in an interview with CBR, said that Marks and him had the X-Men planned out for the next fourteen months. And guess what? Surprise, Surprise...that's about the same time of Secret of Wars/Battleworlds and when he should be leaving the X-family. We just never noticed, because it was in reply to wether X-fans were paranoid or not to think the X-Men where ending. This was the plan all along.

I think that's why things have been so slow, because they were stalling so that the rest of the universe could all wrap up things they still needed to do.

I don't usually buy into conspiracy theories but count me in as at least a fifty percent nut job because I think there is a good chance their will be no X comics after SW. The reason is Disney and they are calling the shots. I don't trust Disney at all. I have watched over the last year as everything marvel does is feeding the Complex not helping stop it. I have said this before Disney does not care about comics except as IP's for their movies and the X-Men can't do anything for them. They don't care about comic fans or X-Men comic sales because it's a drop in the bucket for their revenue. They have Star Wars, a crazy loyal fan base for ok Avenger movies so the X-Men mean nothing for them. Best case the X-Men have one or so book or characters are used other places,worst no X-Men. If this was just marvel I wouldn't worry marvel is in the comic business but they answer to Disney, a ruthless company that doesn't care about comics or their fans.

Last Summer Bendis said we didn't have to worry because he would still be writing in a year. Well after May he won't. Less than a year and they haven't announced anything to show the X-Men will be fine post secret wars so I think us crazy paranoid fans have the right to worry

Yeah, last June Bendis, in an interview with CBR, said that Marks and him had the X-Men planned out for the next fourteen months. And guess what? Surprise, Surprise...that's about the same time of Secret of Wars/Battleworlds and when he should be leaving the X-family. We just never noticed, because it was in reply to wether X-fans were paranoid or not to think the X-Men where ending. This was the plan all along.

I think that's why things have been so slow, because they were stalling so that the rest of the universe could all wrap up things they still needed to do.
    So the answer was: "Yes, the X-Men are ending in 14 months...?" Lolz. In a way, paranoia has been justified by Secret Wars, as the X-Men as we know them are ending, but there could be something good for us on the other side of Secret Wars, you never know.

I remember what you're talking about now. Fourteen months seemed so long ago back then.

I'd hate to think that x-creators (maybe not just Bendis) have just been treading water till Secret Wars hits. Just 'cos you know an end is coming, doesn't mean you have to just bide time... they could've used this time to tell fast-paced, exciting stories full of proper characterization.

A good example is Simon Spurrier's "X-Men: Legacy" (#1 came out November 2012, the same month as Bendis' "All-New X-Men"). There was exciting new content in every issue, shocking plot developments and such. Contrast that to Bendis' run on ANXM and Uncanny X-Men.

Sigh, oh well, no point dwelling on the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Last Summer Bendis said we didn't have to worry because he would still be writing in a year. Well after May he won't. Less than a year and they haven't announced anything to show the X-Men will be fine post secret wars so I think us crazy paranoid fans have the right to worry
    Lol, yeah, so much for that. ;D ...Well, technically, Bendis will still be writing. He just won't be writing the X-Men.

I'm sure we'll get an announcement detailing some things about X-Men '92 at some point. I just wonder if they'll say "limited series" or not for all the X-related titles.
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 02-05-2015 at 09:57 AM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    I don't usually buy into conspiracy theories but count me in as at least a fifty percent nut job because I think there is a good chance their will be no X comics after SW. The reason is Disney and they are calling the shots. I don't trust Disney at all. I have watched over the last year as everything marvel does is feeding the Complex not helping stop it. I have said this before Disney does not care about comics except as IP's for their movies and the X-Men can't do anything for them. They don't care about comic fans or X-Men comic sales because it's a drop in the bucket for their revenue. They have Star Wars, a crazy loyal fan base for ok Avenger movies so the X-Men mean nothing for them. Best case the X-Men have one or so book or characters are used other places,worst no X-Men. If this was just marvel I wouldn't worry marvel is in the comic business but they answer to Disney, a ruthless company that doesn't care about comics or their fans.

If I recall, Disney has said they're taking a hands-off approach with Marvel since they bought them. The most they've done with Marvel is financial backing for their movies, using their channel for hosting the cartoons, & the occasional crossover with Disney Infinity. The opposite is true for Star Wars, as Disney's clearly shown they're getting their hands dirty with that property. As for the decline of quality of the cartoons, that's all on Marvel as they were made in-house over at the Big M. The only reason we know of that Avengers book post-Secret Wars is because it's a FCBD book, nothing more. We don't know of any Guardians books after Secret Wars, but you don't see its fanbase going into a frenzy. Just wait until Secret Wars is coming to a close.

And how does Bendis making fun of the Complex, merchandise for the X-Men (comic book version) being in the wild, etc. feeding it? If anything, it's going against it. I've said this many times, writers leaving books isn't anything new, & it's nothing to make you feel like the sky's falling. A new writer will be chosen near the end of Secret Wars & life will go on as normal.
    Last edited by Neoxon; 02-05-2015 at 10:18 AM.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    The only reason we know of that Avengers book post-Secret Wars is because it's a FCBD book, nothing more. We don't know of any Guardians books after Secret Wars, but you don't see its fanbase going into a frenzy. Just wait until Secret Wars is coming to a close.
    I really don't think you should be comparing Guardians fanbase to the X-Men fanbase. There's really no comparison.

I do wonder, however, if it is all up to Marvel, why they're so dead-set against having an X-Men cartoon. You'd think they'd want to promote a lucrative comic book property any way they could to keep it lucrative. Instead, you only see cartoons about things Disney can make money off of, either themselves or through their deal with Sony for Spider-Man.

I'm not saying Disney's definitely pulling the strings at Marvel, but it does make me wonder.
    Prεtty Pεnny

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Last week it was "Namor is dead! Inhuman kills Namor! Marvel is meta on the state of Inhumans vs. Mutants!"

And this week...Namor is still alive. Where are the 5+ threads celebrating this fact, to counter the 5+ that cried out about his "death"?

And that's all I really have to add to this thread anymore.
    that was weeks ago, not last week.

and don't think it's been forgotten that the inhuman king made an attempt on the life of a royal mutant.

i haven't made any threads about it because i happen to be busy this week.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    that was weeks ago, not last week.

and don't think it's been forgotten that the inhuman king made an attempt on the life of a royal mutant.

i haven't made any threads about it because i happen to be busy this week.
    Lookin' forward to it, lol.

This paranoia stuff is fun to watch.

Don't forget to include the Avengers-related king that was involved in it, too. ;D Two MCU franchises, takin' down the mutant! Boo! Lol.

(Hey, sometimes I have fun with it, sometimes I'm serious about it. ;P)
    Prεtty Pεnny

I really don't think you should be comparing Guardians fanbase to the X-Men fanbase. There's really no comparison.

I do wonder, however, if it is all up to Marvel, why they're so dead-set against having an X-Men cartoon. You'd think they'd want to promote a lucrative comic book property any way they could to keep it lucrative. Instead, you only see cartoons about things Disney can make money off of, either themselves or through their deal with Sony for Spider-Man.

I'm not saying Disney's definitely pulling the strings at Marvel, but it does make me wonder.
    Marvel has reduced the cartoons to advertisements for the movies, or more specifically Jeph Loeb did. The only reason Spider-Man has a cartoon is because.

1. Marvel still gets all the merchandise money from Spidey, both movie & comic versions of the wall-crawler.
    2. Marvel & Sony are in talks to bring Spider-Man into the MCU with Sony distributing any movies Spidey's in & a cut of the profits (which I believe you alluded to in your post).
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Marvel has reduced the cartoons to advertisements for the movies, or more specifically Jeph Loeb did. The only reason Spider-Man has a cartoon is because.

1. Marvel still gets all the merchandise money from Spidey, both movie & comic versions of the wall-crawler.
    2. Marvel & Sony are in talks to bring Spider-Man into the MCU with Sony distributing any movies Spidey's in & a cut of the profits (which I believe you alluded to in your post).
    Indeed, thanks for outlining it all out like that.

So it's pretty much like I said except it's not Disney who only cares about movie profit and that's why the X-Men are getting screwed, it's Marvel?
    Prεtty Pεnny

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I doubt they'll end the X-Men though it's no doubt that the Avengers will be the "star" of Secret Wars with the X-Men being on the side or being the punching bags again for the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I doubt they'll end the X-Men though it's no doubt that the Avengers will be the "star" of Secret Wars with the X-Men being on the side or being the punching bags again for the Avengers.
    If the cover of Secret Wars #3 is any indication, the Cabal will be the bigger problem. That cover does show Cyclops & Shadowcat working with Lady Thor, Star-Lord, & Mr. Fantastic against Ultimate Reed (who's with the Cabal) & the other Cabal members (Thanos being one of them).

Indeed, thanks for outlining it all out like that.

So it's pretty much like I said except it's not Disney who only cares about movie profit and that's why the X-Men are getting screwed, it's Marvel?
    Pretty much. Though I believe this is an isolated incident, because Loeb is gonna be Loeb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    That does seem to be the trend nowadays, but I remain hopeful that the X-Men as a whole -- not just individual characters helping the Avengers -- will have a good showing this time.

Pretty much. Though I believe this is an isolated incident, because Loeb is gonna be Loeb.
    I've had reasons in the past to dislike Loeb... but this is a pretty big one.
    Prεtty Pεnny