Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    I want Marvel to use the same level of strorytelling B4 the Disney purchase, I want nonWolverine focused Xmen video games.
    I don't hate Wanda or the Avengers (but I might hate SHIELD) but i'm tired of the X being thrashed since it's Coperate Overloads don't get 100% profit from the merchandising.
    I want the same level of storytelling, pre-Messiah Complex/War/Second Coming. Not say there weren't good stories during those arcs. but, ever since Hope showed up, the X-Books haven been the same. It's funny how such an important character has just disappeared from all relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    No where, I'm neutral. I think people have the right to worrying about something they love but the current condition is not bad enough in my opinion. But to create a thread to tell people to do something on internet forum is a little bit... what the word... well, can't find any better words than wow.
    I agree with you. Maybe you should create a thread telling people to not create threads telling people to not do things.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    I want Marvel to use the same level of strorytelling B4 the Disney purchase, I want nonWolverine focused Xmen video games.
    I don't hate Wanda or the Avengers (but I might hate SHIELD) but i'm tired of the X being thrashed since it's Coperate Overloads don't get 100% profit from the merchandising.
    This I agree with...but, as much as the X-Men might be the proverbial whipping boys of the MU, I also agree they aren't going anywhere...Disney may not make as much off of the X-Men as some other characters but it's not like they don't get any money out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    They aren't producing consistent quality, because they're not having the right people write these stories.

Along with stupid ideas, like the O5. I'm enjoying Cyclop's solo book, but I still think it's a stupid idea. We already have young X-Men (yes, X-Men, as they should be at least on Armor's level; hell, even she doesn't get enough spotlight....why isn't she in the adjectiveless X-book, again?), yet they practically refuse to use/acknowledge them a majority of the time.
    Look I know Marvel isn't canceling anything (I feel like a say this in some thread at least once a month)....Moving from the limelight? Yes. Rebooting? Maybe. Canceling: No.

I was a GenX reader during the Hama era - I know how it feels when Marvel actively hates your guts. We're not there yet. But relations are starting to slowly sour again between the diehard fanbase and the Marvel writers. That why the "Complex" thread exists.

The truth? Marvel editors have never been big on the X-Men or the fanbase - even in the early 90s when X comics were turning in above average numbers. The X-Men have always been too complex and the fans too vocal. (I swear the only time Marvel ever liked the X-Men was during the Whedon era and then only because the X was suddenly popular with mainstreamers again...)

Older fans should be use to it. Suck it up - we survived Leifeld, (GenX) Hama and Austin, this isn't the end. For the younger fans? Welcome to the party - get use to not always being the belle at the DisMarvel ball. The good news? Give it twenty years or so and it will start stinging less.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 02-01-2015 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheObesessor View Post
    I agree with you. Maybe you should create a thread telling people to not create threads telling people to not do things.
    But I did not, .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    The newbies generally don't sell...and, for every good one, there are a ton of lame ones...almost makes me wish for another exploding bus to take out most of Aaron's students (not that he's to blame for ALL of the lame ones...just the majority).

And keep hearing from so many what a stupid idea the O5 plotline is...and yet many of those same people admit the Cyclops series is great and All New is the highest selling x-book...so apparently someone out there doesn't think it's so stupid...personally, I think a lot of the plot ideas Bendis has come up with are actually good...it's just the execution that's often lacking...but he has had some great character moments here and there...but I agree pretty much all of the other x-books are currently mediocre at best.

That said, let's not pretend the quality issue is limited to the x-titles...for every truly good Marvel book, there are at least two that are mediocre or outright suck...and some of them are even high sellers.
    Well, the Cyclops book is great because of the creative team. I still think binging back the O5 was redundant. We have characters like Armor, Hellion, Dust, Surge, Rockslide, Prodigy, Cessily, Anole Elixir and Pixie, that easily fill that void. They even forced X-23 in there; it's would've been better to unite her with her old crew. The O5 showing up didn't even do what they were brought to do, nor did we get all of the interesting interactions; what have O5 Bobby, or Warren, even done, that's remotely interesting?

Honestly, I've got no idea why ANXM is selling so well. Then again, ASM was beyond mediocre since boring Peter came back, but it was the top selling Marvel book for awhile.

Actually, it's the best of the Marvel books that seem to not get a lot good sales.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Look I know Marvel isn't canceling anything (I feel like a say this in some thread at least once a month)....Moving from the limelight? Yes. Rebooting? Maybe. Canceling: No.

I was a GenX reader during the Hama era - I know how it feels when Marvel actively hates your guts. We're not there yet. But relations are starting to slowly sour again between the diehard fanbase and the Marvel writers. That why the "Complex" thread exists.

The truth? Marvel editors have never been big on the X-Men or the fanbase - even in the early 90s when X comics were turning in above average numbers. The X-Men have always been too complex and the fans too vocal. (I swear the only time Marvel ever liked the X-Men was during the Whedon era and then only because the X was suddenly popular with mainstreamers again...)

Older fans should be use to it. Suck it up - we survived Leifeld, (GenX) Hama and Austin, this isn't the end. For the younger fans? Welcome to the party - get use to not always being the belle at the DisMarvel ball. The good news? Give it twenty years or so and it will start stinging less.
    Well, at least some of the NXM are getting some love recently. For how long? I'm hopeful...............................

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Well, the Cyclops book is great because of the creative team. I still think binging back the O5 was redundant. We have characters like Armor, Hellion, Dust, Surge, Rockslide, Prodigy, Cessily, Anole Elixir and Pixie, that easily fill that void. They even forced X-23 in there; it's would've been better to unite her with her old crew. The O5 showing up didn't even do what they were brought to do, nor did we get all of the interesting interactions; what have O5 Bobby, or Warren, even done, that's remotely interesting?
    Cyclops is great because of the creative team AND the hook...a hook that really only works with a young Cyclops...you couldn't just swap him out for another young x-character and get a book of the same quality...the other young characters you mention are some of the good ones but they don't have the same appeal and selling power of the O5 (who may not have had that in the 60s but certainly do now or Marvel wouldn't have reunited this team so many times over the years)...even if you don't like them, they are iconic X-Men...and Jean (who has long been absent) and young Scott (who is a great counterpoint to the current, extreme adult version) have generally been the focus of the book and are unquestionably the most popular members of the O5...young Bobby has also had some truly hilarious moments in the book if nothing else...there is also a certain gravitas that comes with having a young O5 in the present given their legacies and how screwed up that present is...this is something that would not apply to any other team of young X-Men...there is also a certain symmetry to having the young O5 in the present now while the X-Men are more strained and divided than ever and Xavier is gone...as I've said, it's been somewhat lacking in execution but the ideas have mostly been good and there have been some great moments to come out of this.

And Peter Parker is not boring...ASM is boring because Slott is out of ideas and just won't let go of the character...it's Miles Morales who has always bored the crap out of me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Cyclops is great because of the creative team AND the hook...a hook that really only works with a young Cyclops...you couldn't just swap him out for another young x-character and get a book of the same quality...the other young characters you mention are some of the good ones but they don't have the same appeal and selling power of the O5 (who may not have had that in the 60s but certainly do now or Marvel wouldn't have reunited this team so many times over the years)...even if you don't like them, they are iconic X-Men...and Jean (who has long been absent) and young Scott (who is a great counterpoint to the current, extreme adult version) have generally been the focus of the book and are unquestionably the most popular members of the O5...young Bobby has also had some truly hilarious moments in the book if nothing else...there is also a certain gravitas that comes with having a young O5 in the present given their legacies and how screwed up that present is...this is something that would not apply to any other team of young X-Men...there is also a certain symmetry to having the young O5 in the present now while the X-Men are more strained and divided than ever and Xavier is gone...as I've said, it's been somewhat lacking in execution but the ideas have mostly been good and there have been some great moments to come out of this.

And Peter Parker is not boring...ASM is boring because Slott is out of ideas and just won't let go of the character...it's Miles Morales who has always bored the crap out of me.
    I understand the Jean/Jeen, and Cyclops, points, but Bobby, Hank and Warren don't bring much to the table at all. Neither Angels, or Icemen, are really that relevant, and Beast, frankly, doesn't care enough about his own younger self to question his own decisions. Honestly, I was wanting the O5 to interact with the NXM, to see how they would react to the horrors that young mutants, of similar, had to go through. In a perfect world, I wanted to see a group that integrated the O5, with members of the NXM that feel that they've more than earned their right, and/or have faced worst than what the O5 has faced. You still get the iconic group, while not sidelining the future.

Why can't we move on, and build up more super popular X-Men? It's ridiculous how many times Marvel does this. Even Whedon's more mainstream popular X-Men couldn't get Aromr to be more relevant.

It's not that Slott is out of ideas. It's that after all the unpredictfulness, and newness, of SpOck's story, going back to the cookie-cutter, boyscout, lame joke making, super-idealist that is Peter Parker SEVERELY restricts he can do, and is jarring after the breath of fresh air, that was SpOck. I mean, what else can he do? He already killed Peter lol. It's gonna be awhile before we get acclimated to the usual Spidey status quo again. Even the current arc was more interesting when SpOck was the leader of the Spidey Core, before Peter came in the usual moral righteousness.

Miles Morales is good, but his character was a severely missed opportunity. He's essentially a black Ultimate Peter Parker. I guess it was too much to have him be black, they couldn't have him be his own man. Couldn't even give him his own villains either, besides Roxxon....but even then Roxxon wasn't even close to be utilized to the fullest. I mean, you got f***ing Mr Sinister working for Roxxon....and you do NOTHING with that?! NOTHING?!

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    Continuing from the thread's title, there's literally nothing to worry about. Do we still get comics, yes. Hell, we get a metric crap-ton of X-books. As for the potential for X-Men comics to get cancelled, it's simply because they don't sell. Merchandise is still coming out, though they may not be as plentiful. Just go to Hot Topic if you want X-Men shirts or Funko Pop! figures, & go to Toys R' Us if you want X-Men figures, plus there's a Wolverine DoFP Hot Toys figure if my memory serves me correct. And the lack of an X-Men cartoon, the current shows are still recovering from Loeb messing with them & they're basically advertisement for the MCU plus Spider-Man (who may join the MCU in due time), so it's not a big loss. Plus there's the X-Men live-action show that Fox is trying to put out, so I'm sure that'll make up for the lack of a new X-Men cartoon. And like I've said in The Complex, multiple Battleworld locations are specific to the X-Men, something you wouldn't do for a franchise on its way out. In short, the mutants will be fine, & we have nothing to fear. As long as we keep buying the comics, the mutants will stick around.

And before anyone brings up the Uncanny Inhumans comic, the Inhumans have had that title for decades. Plus the Inhumans are an incoming MCU franchise, hence the number of comics that are being released.
    Personally I'm with you in the sense that I see no need to worry about the future of the x-men.

But pretty much the worst thing you can do to make people relax is to tell them to relax. That just stokes their coals, lol.

Let them have their paranoia and we will see where it leads.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Personally I'm with you in the sense that I see no need to worry about the future of the x-men.

But pretty much the worst thing you can do to make people relax is to tell them to relax. That just stokes their coals, lol.

Let them have their paranoia and we will see where it leads.
    True, I've never seen the words 'calm down' actually have that effect. The person starting to lose it interprets it as being talked down too, and it ends up having the opposite effect.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    True, I've never seen the words 'calm down' actually have that effect. The person starting to lose it interprets it as being talked down too, and it ends up having the opposite effect.
    I see it as him telling us the obvious: X-Men makes too much money to F4-ed.

That doesn't change fact that the quality hasn't been up to snuff for awhile. Though, as another has pointed out, that's been the case for a lot of titles.

We all want X-Men to survive, but we don't want it to just be there.

I love it when fans group ALL fans into the "we ALL hate" this and that and love this and that. Fans thinking YOUR opinion represents the FANDOM in totality. Check your ego elsewhere.

"I" hate Emma, Armor, Hellion, Surge, Prodigy, Mercury, Elixir, Pixie, Quentin Quire, Sharkgirl, Nogirl, Eyeboy, Martha, Bling, Hope, Marrow, Sage, Doug and I hope they end up on the next bus explosion. Its chilidish to say EVERYONE hates these characters just because I do.

just a general comment reading this forum.
    Last edited by Maniacal; 02-02-2015 at 01:35 AM.

BANNED

The person starting to lose it interprets it as being talked down too
    Maybe describing someone expressing their concerns as "someone losing it" gives them reason to feel being talked down to ...

I glad someone posted this. now i can relax safe in the knowledge Disney will treat something i have loved all my life with respect. /end sarcasm
    well Disney own the x brand. So i doesn't matter what anyone thinks.
    After DofP Im starting to think keeping that **** as far from Disney may be a good thing. Disney will turn the avengers into the john cena of marvel and damage the marvel brand in an irreparable way. Its stupid to think these things will draw forever. The people will get sick of comic book movie saturation eventually.
    But back to the original point no they are not gonna be fine and the franchise is in deep ****.
    “I am the ultimate hunter, come from the future to destroy you.”