Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Maybe describing someone expressing their concerns as "someone losing it" gives them reason to feel being talked down to ...
    Hahaha excellent comment mate. Its a bit like every dissenting opinion being called a "conspiracy theory".
    “I am the ultimate hunter, come from the future to destroy you.”

I've been reading X-books since the late 80s, and I'm totally enjoying ANXM and UXM and most of Bendis' work in general.

I just can't see why so many believe the mutant universe is for the chop - just becuase they don't get the box office doesn't mean the X properties aren't valuable. I don't think Disney achieved the success they've achieved by basing business decisoions on spite, but what do I know? Love him or not, Bendis is one of the top two or three voices at Marvel and is seen by them as a top creator - not exactly the sort of person you'd leave on a line that you wanted to quietly die...

Having said that, I don't see the X-Men as Daniel Bryan - unless Vince had given Bryan the belt and a top storyline and 14 spin-off wrestlers in a stable and still people were not happy (because Daniel was keeping some of his merch revenues so Vince wanted to kill him). The Avengers as Cena made me chuckle, though - I can totally see that.

BANNED

Basically, by attacking the X-Men Marvel is giving in to theocratic nutjobs who have it in for the theory of evolution. This has been a long time coming.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Because they exist, we shouldn't worry, is that what you're saying? I don't think anyone believed Marvel would ever cancel the X-Men line. They make up half their comic book sales... Literally, half. It'd be suicide. Trust me, if they didnt we'd little no books. They might keep one around for the occasional boost in sales. I don't think we have to worry about the X-Men getting canceled more than we should be concerned about them being marginalized and segregated (might not be so bad). But I doubt they'll be left alone for too long because stories that don't involve time travel or the inclusion of outside characters like Spiderman or the Guardians and concepts like space, leave openings for Fox to sweep in and use.

Marvel is playing long ball with Fox. They know they have tons of previously written stories for them to use. But eventually they're going to run out and have to write original storyline's. With Marvel having most of their famous writers under contract (and I'm sure no one will cross the line and help Fox in fear of burning their bridge with Marvel), they won't have much help, thus chancing a poorly written movie. As long as Singer stays around, they may be OK. So it may be much ado about nothing.

X-Men comics will always exist because people (not me) will always buy them out of habit or compulsion. Don't worry about that. But worry about their status in the MU. Worry all you want. Its a valid concern if you actually like the X-Men, that is.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 02-02-2015 at 07:55 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    Why? It's not like the mutants are going anywhere. They still sell, & Marvel knows this.
    Yep, but they won't be mutants.

They'll be Inhumans and they'll probably be scattered amongst the Avengers.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I have no fear about x-men going away. Could the line by better yes. I feel that there isn't to much forward momentum. Cyclops revolution isn't happening probably because of Secret wars. JGS titles are in a holding pattern. There's no character growth. The majority of younger mutants are practically non existent, I want them used.

If its, true that SW is gonna take things out I'd get rid of the teen O5. They serve no purpose. The possibilities were squandered I think.

I hope these AU x themed books set up some good stories. Any SW X news will have me on the edge of my seat. Can't wait to see may solits
    X-Men Forever

No one is worried that they'll be gone altogether. But we don't get X-Overs of the same level as the Messiah Trilogy and the ones in the 90s and late 80s anymore. Avengers vs X-Men cast the X-Men as villains. Axis, which had all heros inverted, still had the X-men as the primary villains.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I have no fear about x-men going away. Could the line by better yes. I feel that there isn't to much forward momentum. Cyclops revolution isn't happening probably because of Secret wars.
    His revolution isn't happening because he doesn't know how to run a revolution.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    No one is worried that they'll be gone altogether. But we don't get X-Overs of the same level as the Messiah Trilogy and the ones in the 90s and late 80s anymore. Avengers vs X-Men cast the X-Men as villains. Axis, which had all heros inverted, still had the X-men as the primary villains.
    Exactly. We will not get new big stories like Messiah Complex or Second Coming or even Necropolis-X. I can pretty much guarantee that those stories are in the cross hairs of Singer and his writers for future movies,probably not the immediate future, but with this soft reset, anything is possible.

I'm actually interested in how they are going to explain Apocalypse without using Celestial technology... Which might be a gray area, seeing as its as much F4 as anything (Fox). The MCU already used the term. Maybe they'll share. Also wondering if they'll use to the Shi'Ar, seeing as they can't use anything else other than perhaps the Brood as alien races/empires. But I digress.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

The last few years the X-titles have been so bad that it might as well be sabotage.

I certainly feel X-men books and stories have gone way downhill starting with AvX to now. This reboot has every one crazy. Too long a time to have to think about it until it happens. Too little info about everyones' favorite books. As for relaxing...history has shown if they can mess it up they will. Will there be X-Books...Yes. Will most people like the new forms...no.

This includes all Marvel books of course. Not just X-Books. No doubt, until we hear some hard news, the threads and posts worrying about it will continue.

Extraordinary Member

One of the big things that happened before The Complex arose was an anonymous post revealing the plans Marvel had basically about Secret Wars before it was even announced. Pretty much everything in that post has come true. Even Bendis' defense of "why would they put their best talent on a title they are going to cancel" is kind of funny when all they talk about now is "we've known about Secret Wars and having to wrap up our stories for three years now".

They won't be fine, but Image Comics is serving up some good comic replacements.

Space Soap Opera and Political Analogies? Go Saga.
    Disenfranchised minority uprising (featuring actual minorities!)? Go Bitch Planet.
    Superpowered secret society of bastards? Go They're Not Like Us.

The X-Men's influence is felt in almost every corner of comics and at this point other publishers are producing better successors to the franchise than Marvel is.

Let the Inhumans take the adjectives, themes, storylines, etc. etc. because even a brilliant writer like Charles Soule can only do so much (I mean...he made a really good She Hulk book happen!).

So yeah, don't worry. Image has got you covered.
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 02-02-2015 at 10:40 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I have no fear about x-men going away. Could the line by better yes. I feel that there isn't to much forward momentum. Cyclops revolution isn't happening probably because of Secret wars. JGS titles are in a holding pattern. There's no character growth. The majority of younger mutants are practically non existent, I want them used.

If its, true that SW is gonna take things out I'd get rid of the teen O5. They serve no purpose. The possibilities were squandered I think.

I hope these AU x themed books set up some good stories. Any SW X news will have me on the edge of my seat. Can't wait to see may solits
    Exactly. Nothing has really changed, besides Logan's death, and even that can't really be considered an X-Men story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    His revolution isn't happening because he doesn't know how to run a revolution.
    It's not happening because Marvel knows that BMB can't write it. Hickman's time jump bails them out by basically saying "you didn't see it, but it happened".