Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starsmoar View Post
    They won't be fine, but Image Comics is serving up some good comic replacements.

Space Soap Opera and Political Analogies? Go Saga.
    Disenfranchised minority uprising (featuring actual minorities!)? Go Bitch Planet.
    Superpowered secret society of bastards? Go They're Not Like Us.

The X-Men's influence is felt in almost every corner of comics and at this point other publishers are producing better successors to the franchise than Marvel is.

Let the Inhumans take the adjectives, themes, storylines, etc. etc. because even a brilliant writer like Charles Soule can only do so much (I mean...he made a really good She Hulk book happen!).

So yeah, don't worry. Image has got you covered.
    Don't forget...School of Young Misfits Trying to Find Their Path in the World, That They Feel Has Wronged Them? Go Deadly Class.
    Battleworld? Go East of West or Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    No one is worried that they'll be gone altogether. But we don't get X-Overs of the same level as the Messiah Trilogy and the ones in the 90s and late 80s anymore. Avengers vs X-Men cast the X-Men as villains. Axis, which had all heros inverted, still had the X-men as the primary villains.
    This is what rubbed me the wrong way with AvX because I felt the X-men were 100% justified in not giving Hope over to the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    His revolution isn't happening because he doesn't know how to run a revolution.
    In fact Scott until today just saved and recruited members but neither he knows the course of this supposed revolution and this will be approached soon I think.

I believe he will have no success because the writer does not want it to succeed or simply the status quo. If Scott attract too much attention as revolutionary and its cause gain strength and many supporters among humans would be like assuming that he was right to AVX and that would make Steve and the Avengers as well as authorities such as Shield and world governments villains.

Anyway it will be fun to see how far he can go until it fails or Secret Wars begin.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    This is what rubbed me the wrong way with AvX because I felt the X-men were 100% justified in not giving Hope over to the Avengers.
    You're right, because they were. The Avengers had zero experience with the PF. They wanted Hope, to do what? Stop a primal celestial force from doing what its been doing for eons? Ok, they were afraid that the bird was coming to incinerate the planet like it was doing others (I didn't know that was part of its function, but whatever; Bendis). But their solution, at Wolverine's, was to kill her? Lock her away? The last hope of an entire species? Right... Let's force the issue. They'll back down when they see us. It was like the whole MU against the X-Men.

They approached the situation all wrong showing up on Utopia like that and it led to a... poorly illustrated fist fight on the beach. Not a battle or skirmish that engulfed the whole island and spanned over 4 books. A beach brawl with super powers that was concluded in the same book it began in. It looked like someone from Hanna Barbara drew it in the 70s.

They claim to have been "planning" it for months, a year even. BS. That story was thrown together in weeks following the Avengers movie explosion, and it showed with how many books just up and stopped what they were doing, mid-arc. It was typical Bendis storytelling and the X-Men caught the bad end of it as they were turned into lapdogs to the P5, in a way making them very much like Sentinels. Of course the only "good guy" mutant being Wolverine (and Beast the traitors) the savior. And it ended in typical Bendis fashion. Someone dies for no real reason.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 02-02-2015 at 02:22 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Amazing Member

I do find it interesting that people believe that every writer and artist on an x title has so little professional integrity or belief in their own skills as to sign onto some conspiracy to purposely put out sub par comic content for, apparently, decades all in the name of reducing slightly the financial gains of another company. Especially since these same writers and artists don't necessarily have any financial gain to be made from such a conspiracy and would likely have their potential future jobs with other companies or independent work severely damaged as a result. They must all be really bought in to the conspiracy to sacrifice the potential financial livelihood of their families over, in some cases, a year long or less job. This makes a ton more sense than the possibility that some people just don't like some storylines or writers while other people may be enjoying these same stories immensely. But I may just not be attuned to the truth like others are...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmythology View Post
    I do find it interesting that people believe that every writer and artist on an x title has so little professional integrity or belief in their own skills as to sign onto some conspiracy to purposely put out sub par comic content for, apparently, decades all in the name of reducing slightly the financial gains of another company. Especially since these same writers and artists don't necessarily have any financial gain to be made from such a conspiracy and would likely have their potential future jobs with other companies or independent work severely damaged as a result. They must all be really bought in to the conspiracy to sacrifice the potential financial livelihood of their families over, in some cases, a year long or less job. This makes a ton more sense than the possibility that some people just don't like some storylines or writers while other people may be enjoying these same stories immensely. But I may just not be attuned to the truth like others are...
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmythology View Post
    No one is questioning their talent or professionalism. Rather we're asking if Marvel is giving all of them enough time, page space and freedom to thrive as they did years before. A good example is Wood's work in GenX, which was very character driven and there was his work years later on X-Men.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 02-02-2015 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Don't forget...School of Young Misfits Trying to Find Their Path in the World, That They Feel Has Wronged Them? Go Deadly Class.
    Battleworld? Go East of West or Lazarus
    Not liking deadly class...but East of West is very good. Sag is getting disappointing at time. And I have some trouble dealing wiht all the thing happening or not happening. The rest is big perhaps to me, not "meh", "perhaps" as i'm not sure what to think. I don't know my feeling about them that's all.

Still prefer Marvel, because is...kind of like family to me at this point of my life.
    I could get angry as i get angry at my dad or my mom or my sis, but they remaing my family and i will always be back if they need me. Just that.

Anyway i'm quite relaxed about the fate of Mutants in MU. Really after the 90s this is a piece of cake.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

There's a Wolverine action figure at Target? The X-Men are saved!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    No one is questioning their talent or professionalism. Rather we're asking if Marvel is giving all of them enough time, page space and freedom to thrive as they did years before. A good example is Wood's work in GenX, which was very character driven and there was his work years later on X-Men.
    Exactly. Also, there's still edicts that are passed down. Like the O5 hardly being in the same room as the other students despite being students at the same school. Or Cyclops basically being kept in limbo in terms of what he's going to do, despite the hype.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Lol. Something tells me the opposite effect than than intended has occurred.

In reality though I see more a bit concern for the state of affairs of the characters and less for the franchises continuation. Some can get a bit feisty about it, sure, but at the end of day they're just expressing they're strong love and dedication for the art in their own way. Given just the clear and present deconstruction efforts put into these age old characters I think one would be blind to dismiss where their feelings stem from in the least. This is to say if people want to get fired up and screech about what's going on with the art they're entitled to just as much as those who go with the flow and just shrug. It's really just two different versions of showing passion even if it doesn't seem that way on the surface. Some people greet each other by bumping fists, some by fencing with words but at base it's all the same and just appears different because it's being related through different personalities.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    Lol. Something tells me the opposite effect than than intended has occurred.

In reality though I see more a bit concern for the state of affairs of the characters and less for the franchises continuation. Some can get a bit feisty about it, sure, but at the end of day they're just expressing they're strong love and dedication for the art in their own way. Given just the clear and present deconstruction efforts put into these age old characters I think one would be blind to dismiss where their feelings stem from in the least. This is to say if people want to get fired up and screech about what's going on with the art they're entitled to just as much as those who go with the flow and just shrug. It's really just two different versions of showing passion even if it doesn't seem that way on the surface. Some people greet each other by bumping fists, some by fencing with words but at base it's all the same and just appears different because it's being related through different personalities.
    That's the thing, there is no solid evidence. Every franchise has its share of bad comics. Not every Avenger book is good, not every Guardians book is good. As such, not every X-Men book has to be a 10/10 reviewed best seller, it's just a fact of the business. Would it be the best-case scenario, certainly, but it's not a realistic one. You could argue about the lack of merchandise compared to the Avengers or the Guardians, but merchandise does exist. The only argument you guys have is the lack of a cartoon, & that's because the recent cartoons are known to blatantly copy the MCU movies. There is no conspiracy, there is no slow death for the mutants, they are not going anywhere.

I want to read x-men again (was a fan during the 90's), but I am worried I might end up constantly being upset in how they are being treated by marvel.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

@Neoxon: You completely misread what I wrote and missed the point but thank you for the valuable information. In deconstruction I was referring to characters being retooled from what they previously had been into something completely different. There's more than solid evidence of that as it's the going rate at the big two these days are readers aren't in the wrong to be compelled to agitation by it. That beleaguers my point though which was that their seems to be a communication barrier between aggressive personalities and passive ones whereas the translation becomes roughly that aggressive readers " hate " comics or passive ones " don't care ", which is untrue rather in fact different types of people are just expressing their passion for comics in a different manner. In communication barrier states if one tactically misinterprets the intentions of the other side disunion becomes the standard whereas the more logical and healthy societal motion is to try and understand the language of the party and then build a bridge towards unity. You misinterpreted what I said here by self perpetuating garden-pathing, doing as such inadvertently of course rather than intently.
    Last edited by SickAlice; 02-03-2015 at 12:21 PM.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    You're right, because they were. The Avengers had zero experience with the PF. They wanted Hope, to do what? Stop a primal celestial force from doing what its been doing for eons? Ok, they were afraid that the bird was coming to incinerate the planet like it was doing others (I didn't know that was part of its function, but whatever; Bendis). But their solution, at Wolverine's, was to kill her? Lock her away? The last hope of an entire species? Right... Let's force the issue. They'll back down when they see us. It was like the whole MU against the X-Men.

They approached the situation all wrong showing up on Utopia like that and it led to a... poorly illustrated fist fight on the beach. Not a battle or skirmish that engulfed the whole island and spanned over 4 books. A beach brawl with super powers that was concluded in the same book it began in. It looked like someone from Hanna Barbara drew it in the 70s.

They claim to have been "planning" it for months, a year even. BS. That story was thrown together in weeks following the Avengers movie explosion, and it showed with how many books just up and stopped what they were doing, mid-arc. It was typical Bendis storytelling and the X-Men caught the bad end of it as they were turned into lapdogs to the P5, in a way making them very much like Sentinels. Of course the only "good guy" mutant being Wolverine (and Beast the traitors) the savior. And it ended in typical Bendis fashion. Someone dies for no real reason.

What are you talking about all of earth's chosen Phoenix hosts had to breakdance with Wanda over a Knung Fu dragon while balancing buckets of water listining to "withpower comes great responcablity"

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg