Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I don't think anyone believed Marvel would ever cancel the X-Men line. .
    Except for half the folks on this forum, who have bought into every conspiracy regarding the attacking and erasure of the X-Men, especially since the forum got trolled last year with an "insider" leaking Marvel's evil scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I believe he will have no success because the writer does not want it to succeed or simply the status quo. If Scott attract too much attention as revolutionary and its cause gain strength and many supporters among humans would be like assuming that he was right to AVX and that would make Steve and the Avengers as well as authorities such as Shield and world governments villains.
    Seconded. The only reason Cyclops fails act it is because it's being written that way.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    Seconded. The only reason Cyclops fails act it is because it's being written that way.
    Third...ed

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Except for half the folks on this forum, who have bought into every conspiracy regarding the attacking and erasure of the X-Men, especially since the forum got trolled last year with an "insider" leaking Marvel's evil scheme.
    That "insider" who trolled us just happens to have been right so far with everything that has happened. Besides, the vast majority of people still think there will be X-Men comics in some form as long as they are making money off of them, which is just until Marvel can find a way to make all their MCU properties popular enough that X-Men can be phased out.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    That "insider" who trolled us just happens to have been right so far with everything that has happened. Besides, the vast majority of people still think there will be X-Men comics in some form as long as they are making money off of them, which is just until Marvel can find a way to make all their MCU properties popular enough that X-Men can be phased out.
    1. Can you post a link to this supposed "insider"? I'm curious about what he said specifically.
    2. That's the exact way of thinking that made me post this thread. You guys are getting worked up over nothing. If you want the X-Books to keep coming, keep buying them. If you want more X-Merchandise, keep buying them. It's just how things work.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    1. Can you post a link to this supposed "insider"? I'm curious about what he said specifically.
    2. That's the exact way of thinking that made me post this thread. You guys are getting worked up over nothing. If you want the X-Books to keep coming, keep buying them. If you want more X-Merchandise, keep buying them. It's just how things work.
    1. http://community.comicbookresources....e-to-the-X-Men (note that Uncanny X-Men saw unexplained delays and story changes)
    2. I am still buying UXM and ANXM although that does not address the more pressing issue that Marvel is not treating the X-Men franchise that well these days. I don't care if they put out 20 titles if none of them feel like they are doing everything to make X-Men the must read story at Marvel. Not that they have to be the best, most important story, but they should feel that way to the reader. As for swag, there is nothing I can do about that as long Marvel/Disney have enough MCU merch to push that X-Men merch would just be self-competition that is seen to benefit the profit of anything Fox does with the X-Men.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Haven't been posting here that long... Didn't know the paranoia point was that high.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

1. http://community.comicbookresources....e-to-the-X-Men (note that Uncanny X-Men saw unexplained delays and story changes)
    2. I am still buying UXM and ANXM although that does not address the more pressing issue that Marvel is not treating the X-Men franchise that well these days. I don't care if they put out 20 titles if none of them feel like they are doing everything to make X-Men the must read story at Marvel. Not that they have to be the best, most important story, but they should feel that way to the reader. As for swag, there is nothing I can do about that as long Marvel/Disney have enough MCU merch to push that X-Men merch would just be self-competition that is seen to benefit the profit of anything Fox does with the X-Men.
    Marvel wouldn't put Bendis on an X-Men book to push them out. I may not be the biggest fan of Bendis' take on GotG, but his stuff sells. As for the merchandise, Fox doesn't see a dime if the X-Merch is based off of the comics. There's X-Merchandise out there, you just have to go to your local Hot Topic, Toys R' Us, etc. Hell, I already mentioned the Hot Toys DoFP Wolverine figure.

EDIT: I just finished reading the link. He said that the X-Men as we know them will end after Axis. Axis has come & gone, yet the mutants are still around.

Extraordinary Member

EDIT: I just finished reading the link. He said that the X-Men as we know them will end after Axis. Axis has come & gone, yet the mutants are still around.
    Well have you noticed that UXM has not caught up with AXIS even though it was supposed to by now? That is why I made the note about the delays and story change, as it would seem that sometime after this info leaked, whether it was before it became public or not, they changed things. Still, Cyclops is 'dead' but should come back as ruler of Nation X or whatever and there is something about Havok hinted at by upcoming covers. Aside from that, Secret Wars is not that much after AXIS, in the big picture.

As for Bendis they need to pay him. Flagship X-Men books sell themselves even with Bendis treading water until Secret Wars. Which he knew about when he started. So he was literally put on X-Men to push them out.

Well have you noticed that UXM has not caught up with AXIS even though it was supposed to by now? That is why I made the note about the delays and story change, as it would seem that sometime after this info leaked, whether it was before it became public or not, they changed things. Still, Cyclops is 'dead' but should come back as ruler of Nation X or whatever and there is something about Havok hinted at by upcoming covers. Aside from that, Secret Wars is not that much after AXIS, in the big picture.

As for Bendis they need to pay him. Flagship X-Men books sell themselves even with Bendis treading water until Secret Wars. Which he knew about when he started. So he was literally put on X-Men to push them out.
    As I've stated numerous times, there's 5-6 Battleworld locations (depending on if you count AvX) that are specifically for the X-Men. They wouldn't give the mutants so many Battleworld locations to themselves if they were just gonna wipe the slate clean of them. And regardless of what's happening right now, Cyclops still ends up as a major player in Secret Wars if Secret Wars #1's variant cover & #3's main cover indicate anything. If the X-Men were being pushed out as the thread OP you gave me the link to states (thanks for the link, by the way), the X-Men wouldn't be so prominent in Secret Wars.

Extraordinary Member

If the X-Men were being pushed out as the thread OP you gave me the link to states (thanks for the link, by the way), the X-Men wouldn't be so prominent in Secret Wars.
    When the Avengers need a villain for their big story, they call on the X-Men. Right now X-Men still sell. Marvel still wants Secret Wars and the twenty or more tie-ins to sell like crazy. I think what is important here is what will the Marvel Universe look like after Secret Wars and Battleworld is done and what place, if any, will the X-Men have.

When the Avengers need a villain for their big story, they call on the X-Men. Right now X-Men still sell. Marvel still wants Secret Wars and the twenty or more tie-ins to sell like crazy. I think what is important here is what will the Marvel Universe look like after Secret Wars and Battleworld is done and what place, if any, will the X-Men have.
    And giving the X-Men so much prominence in Secret Wars would be counter-productive to their plans if they really are phasing the X-Men out. You don't just to balls-to-the-walls with something only to take it away. Marvel's execs have said numerous times that the Battleworld tie-ins will play a role in the Marvel Universe going forward. As such, the post-Secret Wars Marvel Universe will be a universe that involves the X-Men. Don't let that one guy make you worry over nothing, there's a reason why he never replied with any updates (even if the thread got locked).

Extraordinary Member

And giving the X-Men so much prominence in Secret Wars would be counter-productive to their plans if they really are phasing the X-Men out. You don't just to balls-to-the-walls with something only to take it away. Marvel's execs have said numerous times that the Battleworld tie-ins will play a role in the Marvel Universe going forward. As such, the post-Secret Wars Marvel Universe will be a universe that involves the X-Men. Don't let that one guy make you worry over nothing, there's a reason why he never replied with any updates (even if the thread got locked).
    While I am not convinced there will not be an X-Men title after SW, I am not so blind to not see Marvel setting up the possibility they relaunch without one either. Like I said, whether X-Men stick around or not, they sell and Marvel does events to sell books. The relaunch, though, that is so they can decide what books will become the new sellers, and if they think they can get away with a lineup that is X-Men free, I have no doubt they will do it, and they will tell us that they loved the X-Men so much they gave us Secret Wars as a conclusion to their story.

While I am not convinced there will not be an X-Men title after SW, I am not so blind to not see Marvel setting up the possibility they relaunch without one either. Like I said, whether X-Men stick around or not, they sell and Marvel does events to sell books. The relaunch, though, that is so they can decide what books will become the new sellers, and if they think they can get away with a lineup that is X-Men free, I have no doubt they will do it, and they will tell us that they loved the X-Men so much they gave us Secret Wars as a conclusion to their story.
    You may want to edit that post one way or the other. I get that you probably didn't mean to contradict yourself, but just a heads-up.

Either way, like I said before, if you were gonna rip the X-Men out of continuity, you'd do it by slowly phasing them out. Secret Wars is doing the polar opposite of this. For reference, there are no Fantastic Four-specific Battleworld locations, & their ongoing is getting the boot despite the F4 being major players in Secret Wars.

Extraordinary Member

You may want to edit that post one way or the other. I get that you probably didn't mean to contradict yourself, but just a heads-up.

Either way, like I said before, if you were gonna rip the X-Men out of continuity, you'd do it by slowly phasing them out. Secret Wars is doing the polar opposite of this. For reference, there are no Fantastic Four-specific Battleworld locations, & their ongoing is getting the boot despite the F4 being major players in Secret Wars.
    Thanks, but I do not need to edit that other than maybe replace a comma with a 'then' for clarity, so that "if they think they can get away with a lineup that is X-Men free then I have no doubt they will do it". The condition is whether they have gone all in on the MCU or not. While Disney/Marvel cares about the MCU more than X-Men they also care about their market share and profits. It all depends on whether they think their lineup is strong enough without the mutants.

As for F4, there may be something that has not been hinted at yet like Secret Wars 2099 and whatever that Kung-Fu title is seem to have come out of nowhere, or it could just be that there was no big F4 story they felt was going to wow the readers when they made their initial marketing push.