Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Snip (still tons of great info)
    The Guardians have already expanded as far as they can go for now beyond maybe a Drax solo. 6 is still a lot.

All-New Member

Impressive work with the information starleafgirl, quite an interesting read.
    Sorry if this has been asked before or elsewhere (i'm not that regular on these forums) but from what i see most of the events regarding to the x men in secret wars seemed to end pretty badly for the xmen?
    Age of apocalypse - Although the images on the marvel interactive map indicate the AoA featured will be prior to its last ongoing, didn't all the xmen of that universe end up dead (at least most were prior to xtermination(?)
    House of M - Led to the decimation and wiped plenty of mutants off the board
    Days of future past - The future part (Which im guessing will be the only part of interest for secret wars) focuses on the last x men dying
    obviously theres still more of these zones to be revealed but it kinda seems to me that this event could see a lot of mutant deaths, quite possibly including the main universes x characters. Part of me wouldn't be surprised to see all x characters wiped out and the wolverine from the old man logan legacy become the new "main universe" wolverine (who's somehow no longer a mutant)
    So yeah .. Im hoping im wrong and they will all be fine

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suspectrogue View Post
    Impressive work with the information starleafgirl, quite an interesting read.
    Thanks.

Sorry if this has been asked before or elsewhere (i'm not that regular on these forums) but from what i see most of the events regarding to the x men in secret wars seemed to end pretty badly for the xmen?

Age of apocalypse - Although the images on the marvel interactive map indicate the AoA featured will be prior to its last ongoing, didn't all the xmen of that universe end up dead (at least most were prior to xtermination(?)

House of M - Led to the decimation and wiped plenty of mutants off the board

Days of future past - The future part (Which im guessing will be the only part of interest for secret wars) focuses on the last x men dying

obviously theres still more of these zones to be revealed but it kinda seems to me that this event could see a lot of mutant deaths, quite possibly including the main universes x characters. Part of me wouldn't be surprised to see all x characters wiped out and the wolverine from the old man logan legacy become the new "main universe" wolverine (who's somehow no longer a mutant)

So yeah .. Im hoping im wrong and they will all be fine
    Hmm, yeah, most of the x-titles for Secret Wars did not end well for the X-Men, lol.

There's also "The Wasteland" area that will tie into "Old Man Logan" but that's called "The Wasteland" so my hopes are not high. ;D

(There may've been some others I'm forgetting at the moment...?)
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Thanks.

Hmm, yeah, most of the x-titles for Secret Wars did not end well for the X-Men, lol.

There's also "The Wasteland" area that will tie into "Old Man Logan" but that's called "The Wasteland" so my hopes are not high. ;D

(There may've been some others I'm forgetting at the moment...?)
    There's still X-Men '92, where the X-Men come out from the other side just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    There's still X-Men '92, where the X-Men come out from the other side just fine.
    Oh that's right! I love that one.

Even though it's a nostalgia trip that more than likely has an end date in sight already.

So we've got a handful of doomed X-Men futures and one sunny nostalgic one. ;D
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Oh that's right! I love that one.

Even though it's a nostalgia trip that more than likely has an end date in sight already.

So we've got a handful of doomed X-Men futures and one sunny nostalgic one. ;D
    And the "sunny nostalgic one" plays a role in the Marvel Universe going forward. As such, we will have mutants in the Marvel Universe going forward.

And the "sunny nostalgic one" plays a role in the Marvel Universe going forward. As such, we will have mutants in the Marvel Universe going forward.
    Even if they're stuck in 1992.

Haha.

;D
    Prεtty Pεnny

All-New Member

Ah ok i completely forgot about 92 (which now you mention it is probably the one im looking forward to most)
    Also there are two unannounced ones that stand out: I'm guessing that mutopia will focus on schism and may see a lot of x vx fighting and i havent a clue what the westchester unless thats x-men 92 ? i cant see that on the map thing?

Even if they're stuck in 1992.

Haha.

;D
    1992 is a reasonable year to where the X-Men of that time can still be around now.

Ah ok i completely forgot about 92 (which now you mention it is probably the one im looking forward to most)
    Also there are two unannounced ones that stand out: I'm guessing that mutopia will focus on schism and may see a lot of x vx fighting and i havent a clue what the westchester unless thats x-men 92 ? i cant see that on the map thing?
    Pretty sure Westchester is where X-Men '92 will be based and not sure where "A V X" - another event that didn't go well for the X-Men - will be based.

1992 is a reasonable year to where the X-Men of that time can still be around now.
    Well, the guy who writes the upcoming Master of Kung-Fu title will be including Kitty Pryde, Lockheed, Caliban, Marrow, Cypher, and Wolfsbane (at the very least) because he's a huge New Mutants fan, so there should still be mutants scattered throughout Battleworld. But that situation isn't much better than the Fantastic Four scattered to the winds because they can't have their own title anymore due to the movie rights situation with Fox.

Prεtty Pεnny

I don't know why you'd expect any x-fan to do so.
    Good question. It baffled me too. One word : wow.

Is s/he working for DishMarvel?

Putting aside the fact that we don't know how many of those "Secret Wars" X-themed books are just limited series and not new ongoings...

[...]

So yeah...

It's not going to be fine.

I'm not going to relax about it.

I don't know why you'd expect any x-fan to do so.
    Great effort, but unless I'm mistaken, four things:

- you didn't take into account the growing importance of the digital market in your numbers: what was lost in direct sales might have been won in digital sales ? you don't factor in digital because you say there are no numbers to be found, which is a mistake I think given its importance nowadays contrary to a decade ago.

- you didn't take into account the degradation of the direct market sales in general: it's not an X-Men phenomenon, it's a comicbook phenomenon. You'd have to compare the loss the X-titles suffered to the loss over franchises suffered on the same period of time for it to make sense. Say the X-Men lose 20% for example on this period, if everyone else lose 20%, where's the harm ? Might just be the market who's just shrinking, no ? You see the point.

- you didn't take into account the prices evolution: does 3.99$ of today hold the same value than 1.95$ of the 90's? does 4.99$ and 2.95$ ? If it doesn't, then clearly you have to take into account the new prices as a dissuasive variable. A lot of readers left the Big 2 for independent publishers exactly for this reason.

- And there's also the fact that franchises didn't have a constant number of titles on this period of time to begin with, let alone titles occupying the same niches and allowing for an acceptable comparison to one another over this period of time...among other things.

I think the conclusions you've drawn can't be considered as definitives, or even as fairly accurate.
    Too many variables are being ignored or are simply unknown. Digital alone is a potential game changer.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

my major concern is not with Marvel but with Disney. I don't trust Disney as a company and they are the ones calling the shots. Marvel doesn't mean much to them besides Avengers movie money machine. They have shown to be very ruthless in the past. I already am groaning over the Stars Wars movie rumours I hear. They have so many stream of revenues they can afford to destroy the X-Men or Fantastic Four over a grudge battle with Fox and Star Wars rights to them owning A New Hope and distribution rights to all six movies are apart of this fight. So despite X books making money for Marvel it is a drop in the bucket for Disney so I can see them burning the X-Men franchise in the comics to spite Fox. The lack of merchandising for FF and X-Men show they are already on this track and probably will continue and make it much worse. Disney has the power and muscle to do this and honestly though Marvel might, Disney couldn't care less about X-Men fans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    my major concern is not with Marvel but with Disney. I don't trust Disney as a company and they are the ones calling the shots. Marvel doesn't mean much to them besides Avengers movie money machine. They have shown to be very ruthless in the past. I already am groaning over the Stars Wars movie rumours I hear. They have so many stream of revenues they can afford to destroy the X-Men or Fantastic Four over a grudge battle with Fox and Star Wars rights to them owning A New Hope and distribution rights to all six movies are apart of this fight. So despite X books making money for Marvel it is a drop in the bucket for Disney so I can see them burning the X-Men franchise in the comics to spite Fox. The lack of merchandising for FF and X-Men show they are already on this track and probably will continue and make it much worse. Disney has the power and muscle to do this and honestly though Marvel might, Disney couldn't care less about X-Men fans
    There is still X-Men merchandise, I've stated that a few times already in this thread alone. You have a point with the Fantastic Four, though.

There is still X-Men merchandise, I've stated that a few times already in this thread alone. You have a point with the Fantastic Four, though.
    True but I just really became involved in figure collecting and it's becoming harder and harder to find decent X-Men figures