Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Default Your Dream Young Avengers Roster

With all of the threads about your dream team line-ups, (FF, Avengers, Defenders, etc), who would your dream Young Avengers lineup be?
    My lineup would have every member be modeled after an existing Avenger, but mainly consist of new members:
    Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
    Amadeus Cho (Prince of Power)
    Ricochet
    Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)
    Stature (Cassie Lang)
    X-23
    And maybe:
    Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes)
    Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan)
    Nova (Sam Alexander)
    What do you think of this lineup? And who would you choose to join the Young Avengers?
    Last edited by Mighty Roman; 02-01-2015 at 09:27 PM.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

For me:

Spider-Girl (Anya)
    Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)
    Stature
    Skaar
    Ms America Chavez
    Thunderstrike
    Speed
    Wiccan
    Marvel Boy (Teddy)

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Spider-Girl (Mayday Parker)
    Iron Lad
    Wiccan
    Patriot
    Jubilee
    Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
    Kid Omega
    Ms. Marvel
    Firestar
    Justice
    Last edited by comicstar100; 02-01-2015 at 10:45 PM.

BANNED

Post Secret Wars:

1)Spider-Man (Miles)
    2)Wiccan
    3)Hulkling
    4)Hawkeye (Kate)
    5)Patriot
    6)Ms. Marvel (Khamala)
    7)Ghost Rider (Robbie)
    8)Stature
    9)Amadeus Cho
    10)Nova (Sam)

I think it's time for some of the older members to graduate to other things, especially Kate, she's 21, maybe even 22 by now, or at least she definitely will be after Secret Wars. Tommy, Billy and Teddy are also what, 19 now? All 4 of those I think can hold their own if they were to join a core Avengers team, (except maybe Speed, he never had the same kind of following as the others) and Kate already has a role in the Hawkeye book, anyway. Or hell, have those 4 found a new team, maybe with Loki plus one or two others in the early 20's age range, Maybe a couple of the Runaways? They're in a similar boat, growing up and all. I'll have to think about that. And just call it something different, even if it is basically just most of the team from last run. But I would still like to have them appear in maybe a passing the torch/mentor sort of role near the beginning. I just think it's time for them to be treated as adults in the superhero community. I think in their case, I would have them attempting to get their adult lives going, college and whatever, but are pulled together for some kind of adventure.

So. I would keep Miss America as the connective thread between the last team and the new one, and bring back Cassie (even though her mother would haaaaaaate it), and bring in Ms. Marvel (you know she would LOVE to be on an Avengers team), and Genesis (I think he needs to feel like a hero, after his whole Apocalypse episode, and he could get that here. And he's just a sweetie.) Miles Morales is an interesting suggestion, I guess he probably WILL be there after Secret Wars, huh? so yeah, throw him in too. Nova could be fun, and as with Ms. Marvel I think he would get a kick out of being on a team.

so yeah, i guess I just came up with 2 teams there rather than one....

It has to include Wiccan, Hulkling and Kate. They are the backbone of the team. Otherwise, I'm okay with some new additions. Take kids from Runaways, Avengers Academy, Young X-Men or other teens stuck in limbo. Heck, make it a rotating cast of marvel teens agers. I'd be happy to have anything at this point.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Leader-Hawkeye or Black Knight
    Magic-Wiccian(dating Hulkling who works for SWORD at space station)
    X-Hope summers /or Vampire Jubliee
    Inhuman-Toro
    myth-Dani Moonstar (Death Valkerie powers)
    alien-Karolina Dean
    robot-Jostca
    human-Pepper Potts
    SHIELD-Skids
    Atlantian-Namorita
    Hulk-Skaar
    speed-kid Nova
    just for s%$ts n giggles Speedball

Base Utopia or old HAMMER base on Alacrataz
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 02-02-2015 at 07:54 AM.

Amadeus Cho, Prodigy, Finesse and Victor Mancha would be my "ASSEMBLERS"

Combining their brilliance, resources, skills and powers to craft a NEW Avengers Team.

MY ideal "YA" book would have a rotating cast, continually pulling people in and out from various corners of the Marvel Universe including but not limited to:

Wiccan
    Hulkling
    Ms. Marvel
    Power Man 2.0
    Spider Girl
    Reptil
    Lightspeed
    Goldballs
    Tempus
    Cipher
    etc etc etc

Extraordinary Member

The Young Avengers originally are the Avengers contingency plan against being wiped out.

So it has to be a team that is about as tough in its own right as any Avenger team.

Hawkeye (Kate)
    Wiccan
    Speed
    Hulkling
    Nova (Nova-Force Richard Rider)
    Kid Gladiator
    Marvel Boy
    America Chavez
    Amadeus Cho

Shake it up why not?

Kid Nova
    Rockslide
    Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes)
    Wiccan
    Kate Bishop
    Stature
    X-23
    Iceman (time displaced)

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The Young Avengers originally are the Avengers contingency plan against being wiped out.

So it has to be a team that is about as tough in its own right as any Avenger team.

Hawkeye (Kate)
    Wiccan
    Speed
    Hulkling
    Nova (Nova-Force Richard Rider)
    Kid Gladiator
    Marvel Boy
    America Chavez
    Amadeus Cho
    That's a good team. I wouldn't mind Patriot getting some power (a legit way) and rejoining. Maybe Stature and Iron Lad too. Founders and all. But, good team.

Hazmat
    Nico Minoru
    Cullen Bloodstone
    Anachronism
    Kate Bishop
    Wiccan
    Hulkling
    Miss America Chavez

I really like Gillen's team, so I'd keep it the same, minus Loki. Don't make it a an "official" team, though. They should be and act as friends that sometimes fight crime together.
    Cassie should also be around, but I'd keep her "retired" for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I think it's time for some of the older members to graduate to other things, especially Kate, she's 21, maybe even 22 by now, or at least she definitely will be after Secret Wars. Tommy, Billy and Teddy are also what, 19 now? All 4 of those I think can hold their own if they were to join a core Avengers team, (except maybe Speed, he never had the same kind of following as the others) and Kate already has a role in the Hawkeye book, anyway. Or hell, have those 4 found a new team, maybe with Loki plus one or two others in the early 20's age range, Maybe a couple of the Runaways? They're in a similar boat, growing up and all. I'll have to think about that. And just call it something different, even if it is basically just most of the team from last run. But I would still like to have them appear in maybe a passing the torch/mentor sort of role near the beginning. I just think it's time for them to be treated as adults in the superhero community. I think in their case, I would have them attempting to get their adult lives going, college and whatever, but are pulled together for some kind of adventure.

I don't think Marvel should be in any rush to age them. As teen Avengers, they fill a niche. Once you make them older, they'll probably be relegated to background material because they can't replace their older counterparts for long.

So. I would keep Miss America as the connective thread between the last team and the new one, and bring back Cassie (even though her mother would haaaaaaate it), and bring in Ms. Marvel (you know she would LOVE to be on an Avengers team), and Genesis (I think he needs to feel like a hero, after his whole Apocalypse episode, and he could get that here. And he's just a sweetie.) Miles Morales is an interesting suggestion, I guess he probably WILL be there after Secret Wars, huh? so yeah, throw him in too. Nova could be fun, and as with Ms. Marvel I think he would get a kick out of being on a team.
    Ms. Marvel would make Stature look pretty redundant power-wise :/ It's the reason I wouldn't want her on the same team as Hulkling.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I really wish Marvel would invest a little more into their young heroes and make a stronger showing. Giving books like Young Avengers and New Warriors as strong a push as they are giving other titles. Teams like New Warriors could easily be adapted into movies and Young Avengers would be perfect for an animated series. For a YA cast, I would go:
    Miss America Chavez
    Spider Girl (Anya)
    Stature
    Ms. Marvel
    Hawkeye
    Marvel Boy
    Nova
    Hulkling
    Wiccan
    Speed
    Patriot

That's a larger cast, but it would also rotate a little even pulling in characters that wouldn't operate with the team on a regular basis.

Astonishing Member

Kate Bishop
    Skarr
    Speed
    Wiccan
    Ms. Marvel
    Ultimate Jessica Drew
    The Amazing Spider Boy
    Nova(Sam)
    Finesse
    Striker
    Wolverine Girl
    Stinger( Mc2)
    American Dream( Mc2)
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 02-02-2015 at 09:56 AM.