Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post

I don't think Marvel should be in any rush to age them. As teen Avengers, they fill a niche. Once you make them older, they'll probably be relegated to background material because they can't replace their older counterparts for long.
    Er, but they are ALREADY older than teenagers, at least Kate is, she is 21, it's canon. And then there's an 8 month time skip for Time Runs out... Which means Billy, Teddy and Tommy are not far behind. And they don't have to REPLACE anyone. They can stand on their own.

They are Young Avengers not Teen Avengers. I doubt there will be much aging. Birthday plots besides. They are more likely to say "the 21 yo plot was badly thought out," at some future date then say "They are all growing up." Or just ignore it.

Of course, with constant reboots and over the space of time (like the JSA) who know what we will have in 20 years?

Yeah, they may not be teens anymore, but they are still young.

I would keep the current team as is, minus Loki as I don't want him as a member.

I would then have Patriot seek out the other potential members from Vision's files, thus explaining his absence. This team would feature:

-Patriot
    -White Tiger
    -Nova
    -Miles Morales (he seems like he will be in the 616-verse eventually)
    -Amadeus Cho
    -Lyra
    -Ahura
    -Samantha Wilson (introduced as long-lost daughter of Falcon)
    Kristoff Vernard (unlikely ally)

The old members plus these new members would serve in a rotating cast, helping to expand the world of the younger Marvel heroes.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Mine would be:

-Miles Morales(U Spiderman)
    -Kamala Kahn(Ms. Marvel)
    -Robbie Reyes(Ghost Rider)
    -Cullen Bloodstone(does he have a codename yet?)
    -Sun Girl
    -Kid Abomination
    -Dust(Soraya)

Some of these teams do not have any Young Avengers. Young Defenders maybe?:-)

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    Some of these teams do not have any Young Avengers. Young Defenders maybe?:-)
    or Young Champions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I think it's time for some of the older members to graduate to other things, especially Kate, she's 21, maybe even 22 by now, or at least she definitely will be after Secret Wars. Tommy, Billy and Teddy are also what, 19 now? All 4 of those I think can hold their own if they were to join a core Avengers team, (except maybe Speed, he never had the same kind of following as the others) and Kate already has a role in the Hawkeye book, anyway. Or hell, have those 4 found a new team, maybe with Loki plus one or two others in the early 20's age range, Maybe a couple of the Runaways? They're in a similar boat, growing up and all. I'll have to think about that. And just call it something different, even if it is basically just most of the team from last run. But I would still like to have them appear in maybe a passing the torch/mentor sort of role near the beginning. I just think it's time for them to be treated as adults in the superhero community. I think in their case, I would have them attempting to get their adult lives going, college and whatever, but are pulled together for some kind of adventure.

So. I would keep Miss America as the connective thread between the last team and the new one, and bring back Cassie (even though her mother would haaaaaaate it), and bring in Ms. Marvel (you know she would LOVE to be on an Avengers team), and Genesis (I think he needs to feel like a hero, after his whole Apocalypse episode, and he could get that here. And he's just a sweetie.) Miles Morales is an interesting suggestion, I guess he probably WILL be there after Secret Wars, huh? so yeah, throw him in too. Nova could be fun, and as with Ms. Marvel I think he would get a kick out of being on a team.

so yeah, i guess I just came up with 2 teams there rather than one....
    This actually made me consider a team run by Speed. The rest of his teammates go on to bigger and better, but he's such a hothead that no one wants him. So he gets stuck in an empty clubhouse, so to speak. Putting together a 'Young New Avengers' is his way of attempting to grow as a person and dealing with his issues, but that starts to unravel the first time he barks an order. There's a deep learning curve.

As for the team...I'm not entirely sure. I might make a team at first that comes together because of the team name, but by the end of the first issue they're pretty much done with how Speed does things and quit on him. This forces him to dig deep and look for new people, scraping the bottom of the barrel. Thus brand-new team to grow together.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

I would then have Patriot seek out the other potential members from Vision's files, thus explaining his absence.
    THAT would be the BEST excuse for Eli's absence.

Great idea, nj06

BANNED

New Avengers: They aint kids no more!
    Time for the YA to grow up and take on the roles they were meant for!

Patriot (Leader and assembler of the New Avengers using Visions future files)
    Nova (File #1)
    Ms Marvel (File #2)
    Skaar (File #3)
    Hawkeye (Kate)
    Finesse
    Wiccan
    Last edited by BlackGodKing; 02-03-2015 at 07:11 AM.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

If I was using like, just my favs it would look something like...

Hawkeye
    Speed
    Spider-Girl (Anya)
    Hazmat
    Cammi
    Hardball
    Ghost Rider (Robbie)

To be honest though I like the idea of a huge "Unity" team that is neither X or A. Like a Young Uncanny Defenders team.

Hawkeye (original YA, team ups with Hawkeye and Deadpool), Cammi (survivor of the Annihilation Wave, Muderworld and Bagalia) and Spider-Girl (trained under/teamed up with many established hero's - Carol, Jess, Pete, Logan etc) would be integral to the team as some of the more experienced members. Would include Hulkling, Wiccan, Stature, Patriot, MAC, Hope, Rockslide, Anole, Hellion, Cloud 9, Hardball, Komodo, Scorpion, Mania etc. Even those awesome Braddock kids if they were on the correct continent.

Young Avengers

Patriot
    Stature
    Hulkling
    Wiccan
    Miss America
    Trick Shot (Kate)
    Speed
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Wiccan
    Hulkling
    Anole
    Graymalkin
    Benjamin Deeds
    Striker
    Cullen Bloodstone

Marvel keeps pushing all-female teams, so why not an all gay team.

On a more serious note:

Wiccan
    Hulkling
    Speed
    Hawkeye (Kate)
    Stature
    Patriot

Original YA all the way.

Amadeus Cho
    Wiccan
    Speed
    Hulkling
    Kate Bishop
    Miss America
    Noh-Varr
    Hazmat
    Butterball

Thunderstrike
    Power Kid (sorry, Luke will always be Power MAN in MY book)
    Miss America.
    Stinger (Cassie's new ID. Never liked the name Stature)
    Hulking
    Speed (IMHO, always the most interesting of the YA)
    Hazmat
    Ms Marvel (Kamala)

Though, honestly, I always liked more the idea of the New Warriors being the young heroes of the MU than the Young Avengers.

Peace