Page 1 of 87 123451151 ... LastLast

Default 2015 NFL Off-Season Discussion Thread

Well... the Super Bowl just ended, and congratulations to the New England Patriots for getting their first in 10 years.

Now we can also discuss further fallout from Deflategate/Ballghazi, the upcoming INSANE free agency period, and the 2015 NFL draft.

Have at it, guys.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Dan Quinn, Seattle's defensive coordinator is expected to be named head coach of the Atlanta Falcons, perhaps as soon as today.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Wondering about fall-out from this Super Bowl heading into next season. Speculation has the Bills and Jets looking to woo Revis, but will that ring on his finger weigh into his decision (please tell me yes!)? Does not going to Beast-Mode in the most important moment of the biggest game of the year when you knew he was money in the bank change his feelings about staying with the Seahawks? Does Wilson getting picked off and thus not getting his second ring in a row potentially save the Seahawks a boat-load of cash (remember what Flacco did, and Flacco's awesome in the postseason but I'd take Wilson any day of the week)? You'd have to break the bank for a two time Super Bowl winning QB in his prime (hell, gearing up for his prime). You'll probably still have to, but will a slightly more modest salary mean they can hold on to some of this talent they might not have otherwise (and thus put them in a better position to get back)?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Wondering about fall-out from this Super Bowl heading into next season. Speculation has the Bills and Jets looking to woo Revis, but will that ring on his finger weigh into his decision (please tell me yes!)? Does not going to Beast-Mode in the most important moment of the biggest game of the year when you knew he was money in the bank change his feelings about staying with the Seahawks? Does Wilson getting picked off and thus not getting his second ring in a row potentially save the Seahawks a boat-load of cash (remember what Flacco did, and Flacco's awesome in the postseason but I'd take Wilson any day of the week)? You'd have to break the bank for a two time Super Bowl winning QB in his prime (hell, gearing up for his prime). You'll probably still have to, but will a slightly more modest salary mean they can hold on to some of this talent they might not have otherwise (and thus put them in a better position to get back)?
    Considering how much Revis was thanking Belichick after the game and said he would love to be back here next year I think if we give him a fair deal he might take it. Dude was sooooo happy all year.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In a move where Browns fans have gotta be head smacking at the prospect of yet another QB bust.....Johnny Manziel has entered rehab.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...lity-last-week
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

OK, it's terribly mean, but schadenfreude-wise that's hilarious.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In a move where Browns fans have gotta be head smacking at the prospect of yet another QB bust.....Johnny Manziel has entered rehab.

Gee, maybe the rolled up $20 dollar bill story was really something.

Add another name to your "starting QB name here" jersey, Browns fans.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Well, add another team that'll be looking for a quarterback in the draft.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Dan Quinn, Seattle's defensive coordinator is expected to be named head coach of the Atlanta Falcons, perhaps as soon as today.
    This should work out great for them.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

This isn't a good sign. Manziel is like a lot of players who get drafted 1st rd and think they don't need to work or anything. Its constant party time.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

The Super Bowl MVP voting is interesting. Brady beat out Edelman by one vote with less than 5 minutes remaining in the game. Matthews edged out Wagner & Bennett whom were tied for votes.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

What we're hoping is that Manziel takes rehab seriously and isn't there just as lip service or as a desperate attempt to keep his job.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The Super Bowl MVP voting is interesting. Brady beat out Edelman by one vote with less than 5 minutes remaining in the game. Matthews edged out Wagner & Bennett whom were tied for votes.
    Brady has said he wants to give the pickup he won to Butler for making the game winning Int. He thinks he deserves it.

Brady has said he wants to give the pickup he won to Butler for making the game winning Int. He thinks he deserves it.
    Very cool gesture by Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Very cool gesture by Brady.
    He probably already has a nicer car, and the pickup gets taxed by the IRS. However, if you give it to someone else as a "gift", it's a write off.

Tom Terrific is cool and all... but I think that's part of the impetus behind it.