Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    He probably already has a nicer car, and the pickup gets taxed by the IRS. However, if you give it to someone else as a "gift", it's a write off.

Tom Terrific is cool and all... but I think that's part of the impetus behind it.
    Stll, Butler is a rookie DB, i'm sure he will appreciate a brand new free vehicle.

Tom Brady has a house with a moat around it. He can afford to part with the truck.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Tom Brady has a house with a moat around it. He can afford to part with the truck.
    So it's not a nice gesture because Tom is rich?

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    He probably already has a nicer car, and the pickup gets taxed by the IRS. However, if you give it to someone else as a "gift", it's a write off.

Tom Terrific is cool and all... but I think that's part of the impetus behind it.
    Actually, the donor pays the gift tax.

And Butler probably got the NFL starting salary of a little over $300,000. That is a nice payday, but not NFL star pay.
    I am sure he can use the truck, maybe give it to his folks or family.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It's not all the way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    So it's not a nice gesture because Tom is rich?
    That's not what I'm saying at all. He doesn't really need the truck and it is an amazing gesture. I wish the media would stop trying to find fault in everything. LET'S PLAY SOME FOOTBAWL!

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    And Butler probably got the NFL starting salary of a little over $300,000. That is a nice payday, but not NFL star pay.
    I am sure he can use the truck, maybe give it to his folks or family.
    He also gets $97K for winning the Super Bowl, everyone does! The losers get $49K.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-03-2015 at 04:46 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Of course by Brady giving the truck to Butler , the players on his team see Tom Brady as more of a great team leader. He already has taken deferred money and paycut to keep the team together. Now he's giving away a pickup truck to a rookie player. The players will likely demand Brady get a statue the day he retires in front of the stadium.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Of course by Brady giving the truck to Butler , the players on his team see Tom Brady as more of a great team leader. He already has taken deferred money and paycut to keep the team together. Now he's giving away a pickup truck to a rookie player. The players will likely demand Brady get a statue the day he retires in front of the stadium.
    Well, he certainly should take his O-Line on vacation.
    Do you think Brady or Coach Hoody will get a statue?

Well, he certainly should take his O-Line on vacation.
    Do you think Brady or Coach Hoody will get a statue?
    Belichick will likely get the Stadium named after him or something big regarding the Patriots. Like how Marino has a statue outside the stadium in Miami ...Brady will have that more than likely. You don't take a franchise to 6 Super Bowls and don't get that.

I just pity the poor bastard who has to follow Tom Brady as QB of that team. If Steve Young had a huge deal to follow...imagine the guy who follows Tom Brady !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Belichick will likely get the Stadium named after him or something big regarding the Patriots. Like how Marino has a statue outside the stadium in Miami ...Brady will have that more than likely. You don't take a franchise to 6 Super Bowls and don't get that.

I just pity the poor bastard who has to follow Tom Brady as QB of that team. If Steve Young had a huge deal to follow...imagine the guy who follows Tom Brady !
    Depends on who they get.

Rodgers did okay following Farve.
    But that is very rare.
    Miami hasn't found a follow up to Marino. And I like Tannerhill.

In a move shocking to no one, the NFL suspended Josh Gordon for one year today. It's a damn shame, too. The guy could be the best in the NFL if he worked at it. Hell, he was the best for one season. But he'll be someone else's problem, when he comes back. No way the Browns keep him.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

BANNED

Depends on who they get.

Rodgers did okay following Farve.
    But that is very rare.
    Miami hasn't found a follow up to Marino. And I like Tannerhill.
    As the saying goes, organizations win championships. If you have a solid front office that provides a sound, stable environment and surrounds with the right talent, you'll have a much easier time stepping into some big shoes, like you see with Young or Rodgers or Luck. If it's a matter of one guy carrying the whole team year after year, like with Marino, good luck replacing that.

BANNED

They'll probably just have a statue of Brady and Belichick together as the best Coach and QB tandem in history. Probably right past the gate of the stadium.

Anyways, Brady getting replaced is an interesting case. He wants to play until he's 42-43. He is a health freak who takes an unreal amount of care of his body (he goes to bed at 8 and has some weird avocado ice cream mixture when he has desserts. His arm is also as strong as ever, so I could see him doing that. Compared to Manning who had average strength for the most partand now is the weakest arm in the league.

The thing about that is, if he goes 5-6 more years, that's too long for the current backup, Garoppolo, to just sit back doing nothing (especially because he'll have some trade value). But guys who sat under greats for a year or so tend to excel. Young under Montana, Brady under Bledsoe, Rodgers under Favre.

The Patriots are getting to that point where every guy they bring in at the QB position is being "groomed" as a possible heir. But you can only do that for so long before they have to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    They'll probably just have a statue of Brady and Belichick together as the best Coach and QB tandem in history. Probably right past the gate of the stadium.

Anyways, Brady getting replaced is an interesting case. He wants to play until he's 42-43. He is a health freak who takes an unreal amount of care of his body (he goes to bed at 8 and has some weird avocado ice cream mixture when he has desserts. His arm is also as strong as ever, so I could see him doing that. Compared to Manning who had average strength for the most partand now is the weakest arm in the league.

The thing about that is, if he goes 5-6 more years, that's too long for the current backup, Garoppolo, to just sit back doing nothing (especially because he'll have some trade value). But guys who sat under greats for a year or so tend to excel. Young under Montana, Brady under Bledsoe, Rodgers under Favre.

The Patriots are getting to that point where every guy they bring in at the QB position is being "groomed" as a possible heir. But you can only do that for so long before they have to move on.
    Its normally 3 years each time if you look. Cassel was there 3-4 seasons , got traded to KC for a 2nd alongside Vrabel (which made the trade worth it ...KC got 1 solid defensive player 2 seasons at least) . Then they had Mallett for 3 seasons. Garoppolo will go 3 seasons and be traded out .

BANNED

Its normally 3 years each time if you look. Cassel was there 3-4 seasons , got traded to KC for a 2nd alongside Vrabel (which made the trade worth it ...KC got 1 solid defensive player 2 seasons at least) . Then they had Mallett for 3 seasons. Garoppolo will go 3 seasons and be traded out .
    Yeah. Unless Brady has a significant decline in 3 years, Jimmy G will probably be gone by then.