Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I'm not up on the rules, but can't the GM make a direct call to the coaches without a problem? Why would a text be any different (though why you wouldn't trust your coaches if you'd hired them instead of having the GM coach I can't figure, but I've been spoiled with Belichick)?
    Not during a game. Texts are considered out of bounds for in-game communication.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Man, multiple NFL teams are committing violations/cheating all at once. It's like they're trying to throw the Patriots a bone and help make people forget about deflated footballs.

Between Johnny Manziel entering rehab, Josh Gordon getting a 1 year suspension, and the above story... the Browns are already well in the lead for winning the answer to the question, "Who had the worst 2015 Off-Season?"
    This is pretty bad for the Browns since it seems why Kyle Shanahan left the team as offensive coordinator . He grew tired of it from what ESPN is claiming.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    It hasn't been a good week to be a Browns fan, no. But the Cavs are winning, if you like basketball.

I don't.
    Least Ohio State has been pretty solid if you like college football too.

I'm not up on the rules, but can't the GM make a direct call to the coaches without a problem? Why would a text be any different (though why you wouldn't trust your coaches if you'd hired them instead of having the GM coach I can't figure, but I've been spoiled with Belichick)?
    Not during a game. Texts are considered out of bounds for in-game communication.
    It surprises me Al Davis had never been fined before. Because one story was Mike White was coaching the Raiders in 1995 and 1996. Its said Davis grew tired of White's short passing attack of the west coast system he was running. So he would call down and demand White throw vertical during a game. White finally did and the ball was picked off by the other team .

There was a story when Jon Gruden became head coach of the Raiders in 2000 he told Davis he better not call down and demand vertical passing plays since he too was installing the west coast offense like White did years earlier.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Man, multiple NFL teams are committing violations/cheating all at once. It's like they're trying to throw the Patriots a bone and help make people forget about deflated footballs.

Between Johnny Manziel entering rehab, Josh Gordon getting a 1 year suspension, and the above story... the Browns are already well in the lead for winning the answer to the question, "Who had the worst 2015 Off-Season?"
    Heard about Farmer texting coaches. Well, that's one way to make use of technology!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Sorry Don. If Haslam wasn't a crook, I'd be pulling for these guys to turn the corner so your suffering would be over.

Cleveland's "Why Your Team Sucks" for 2015 should be a great read.

I was glad when Randy Lerner sold the team. Then it turns out he sold it to a Jerry Jones wannabe who thought he should be owner and head coach, too. Now fans keep thinking, "Hey, Cavs owner Dan Gilbert wants to own an NFL team. Can we get him?"
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

BANNED

Damn it, I thought we had the moral high ground back after the scuffle at the end and the Sherman "2-4" hand gesture, but now dumb-ass Blount has to go and punch it in the mouth. Especially galling considering his performance (or lack of) compared with Lynch's and the consensus that the game would have gone the other way if they'd had it in his hands at the end:

blount.jpg

Damn it, I thought we had the moral high ground back after the scuffle at the end and the Sherman "2-4" hand gesture, but now dumb-ass Blount has to go and punch it in the mouth. Especially galling considering his performance (or lack of) compared with Lynch's and the consensus that the game would have gone the other way if they'd had it in his hands at the end:

blount.jpg
    Yea this was kinda stupid, especially since Marshawn never talked smack about the Patriots. I'm all for giving Sherman ****, but this was misdirected.

blount.jpg

Coming from the heart of Duck country, he's always been a giant douche. I was glad he left, sad he became a Patriot, glad he got cut, and sad again he got signed back.

CRAZY SB 49 fact alert: Did you know that whoever won Super Bowl XLIX would've been the youngest team to win the Super Bowl? NE average age is 25.2 and SEA is 25.3. I think we'll be seeing at least one rematch at the Super Bowl before you know it ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-05-2015 at 01:37 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Yeah I could easily see Seattle and New England going back next year. Baltimore is really the only challenge they have in the AFC and they are getting old on both sides of the ball (Suggs and Smith). Indianapolis is too incomplete, and needs a lot of work to make that next steps. And I really think the Manning/Bronco window closed. Even if Manning never got declined and later injured, they were going to struggle with the cap and resigning players this year.

In the NFC, Dallas is going to face a serious problem in the likely event they don't resign Murray (can't pay both him and Dez). Green Bay isn't winning in Seattle, and they have injury issues most years, realistically, this year outside of a Rodgers, they were relatively healthy for them. Detroit is probably losing Suh and they are going to struggle to get by the Packers. Arizona is the real outlier. If they are healthy and have Palmer they have a shot.

But realistically the smart money is on a rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Yeah I could easily see Seattle and New England going back next year. Baltimore is really the only challenge they have in the AFC and they are getting old on both sides of the ball (Suggs and Smith). Indianapolis is too incomplete, and needs a lot of work to make that next steps. And I really think the Manning/Bronco window closed. Even if Manning never got declined and later injured, they were going to struggle with the cap and resigning players this year.

In the NFC, Dallas is going to face a serious problem in the likely event they don't resign Murray (can't pay both him and Dez). Green Bay isn't winning in Seattle, and they have injury issues most years, realistically, this year outside of a Rodgers, they were relatively healthy for them. Detroit is probably losing Suh and they are going to struggle to get by the Packers. Arizona is the real outlier. If they are healthy and have Palmer they have a shot.

Here's my way too early pick:

SB 50: Arizona vs. New England.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post

I agree a rematch is likely. It's a shame the Rams aren't in the convo. They are literally one player away from making a huge splash.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    I agree a rematch is likely. It's a shame the Rams aren't in the convo. They are literally one player away from making a huge splash.
    I'd say more like 7 but if Seattle implodes this offseason, they will. I understand what you're saying.

So NFL.Com had the mock draft from some experts and one of the silliest is Super Mario falling to Kansas City at 18. This is pretty remote for 2 reasons .

1.) KC has a good solid QB in Alex Smith who has showed if he can get a team into the playoffs and nearly back without WR's , imagine the job he could fucking do with solid WR's in a season.

2.) The Chiefs needs are OL/WR. They are gonna go after those 2 need areas and fix that. I would like to see KC go there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

BANNED

I think Peterson is a Cowboy and they see no drop-off in production at RB (or not enough of one to be the cause of a playoff loss). I think Seattle's going to have some tough decisions to make, and it'll be a miracle if they're fielding the same team. Also, SF may get their s##t together and Arizona should have had that one seed if not for the worst collapse (through nobody's fault, just QB attrition) I've seen in recent memory. And there's a 5% chance Sam Bradford is healthy and a 50/50 shot he's good if he is healthy and a chance they luck into a great back-up or get smart enough to draft/hire one. GB will always be in the mix.

As for us, Dolphins and Bills are getting better and you'd think Jets would have to be better so while I think we win the division I think a 1 seed isn't likely. Going into Baltimore? And I don't want to count Manning out until I see him coaching. And how often do these things come down to the most likely scenario? Should be fun to see though, just wish we didn't have to wait so long.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Sadly for the Rams, it just happens to be the hardest position to get a great talent at. Seriously, unless you have an elite QB, or a QB who can become elite for bursts you really have no chance.

Well a report earlier this season was the 49ers were millions over the salary cap and would be letting a number of guys go. Its part of the reason Jim Harbaugh left. He knew he'd be part of a rebuilding deal .