Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

If Dallas can't afford to resign Murray in addition to Dez then no way can they afford to sign Petterson, they're already going to be relatively high on the cap space scale before they've resigned anyone(137 million tied up going into next year). This will only leave them with an estimated 5-8 million in free cap space and even with the Cowboys being pretty good at working with the cap Dez is going to command top WR dollars which these days seems to be in the 15+ million a year range, which means they'll have to seriously rework some contracts and even cut some just to afford Dez and pay they're draft picks. Top tier RBs meanwhile average 7-9 million a year, and Petterson shatters that average right now by making 14 million a year on his last contract.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 02-05-2015 at 09:15 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    If Dallas can't afford to resign Murray in addition to Dez then no way can they afford to sign Petterson, they're already going to be relatively high on the cap space scale before they've resigned anyone(137 million tied up going into next year). This will only leave them with an estimated 5-8 million in free cap space and even with the Cowboys being pretty good at working with the cap Dez is going to command top WR dollars which these days seems to be in the 15+ million a year range, which means they'll have to seriously rework some contracts and even cut some just to afford Dez and pay they're draft picks. Top tier RBs meanwhile average 7-9 million a year, and Petterson shatters that average right now by making 14 million a year on his last contract.
    Well Dallas offered Murray I believe a 4 year $18-20 million dollar deal. Murray wants more which....I'd agree with if he had healthier seasons before this. He's only had 1 great year. He shouldn't expect a BREAK THE BANK deal. Also RB's are now being seen as easy to replace basically. You can draft a RB in mid rounds and they do solid. So in terms of Murray he either gets his ass in line and accepts a cheap deal as we see ...or his ass gets let go and they keep Dez.

Jones has said he's gonna franchise tag Bryant .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The reason Dallas had the sort of success they did this past season was because they leaned on Murray instead of having Tony Romo do all the heavy lifting. Still, paying out that sort of major coin to a running back who could literally go south, health-wise and/or production-wise at the drop of the proverbial hat is a bad bet. I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas decides to let Murray walk, then replace him with Adrian Peterson should the Vikings decide he's no longer worth the lousy PR after his off-field troubles and let him walk.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Peterson's going to be 30 at the start of the 2015 season, he's looking at a league that's de-emphasizing his position because of the shelf life and move to passing offenses, he's coming off a scandal and a team that's going to want to cut him, he's already expressed interest, he saw what that O-line did for Demarco Murray, he knows that he's not winning a ring with Minnesota and time's running out, and he knows if he wins a title with the Cowboys (and that's not outside the realm of possibility) he'll go down as a legend and this scandal fades nearly completely, I just see him and Jerry meeting in the middle somewhere. It's almost too perfect, like Suh becoming a Raider, so I doubt it happens. Makes too much sense.

Fantastic Member

I'm hearing on local MA sports radio that the only football underflated by a lot was the ball intercepted by D'Qwell Jackson of the Colts that the Colts kept on their sidelines for an untold amount of time before giving it to the NFL. The other balls were 'just a tick' under the correct pressure.

I hadn't heard this before so I'm not sure how true it is but when Doug Baldwin scored his TD in the Super Bowl NBC cut away from him as he motioned as if taking a dump. I saw almost no Seattle games this year but I'm also hearing Lynch would grab his crotch after a TD. Has/can anyone confirm these bits?

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    I'm hearing on local MA sports radio that the only football underflated by a lot was the ball intercepted by D'Qwell Jackson of the Colts that the Colts kept on their sidelines for an untold amount of time before giving it to the NFL. The other balls were 'just a tick' under the correct pressure.

I hadn't heard this before so I'm not sure how true it is but when Doug Baldwin scored his TD in the Super Bowl NBC cut away from him as he motioned as if taking a dump. I saw almost no Seattle games this year but I'm also hearing Lynch would grab his crotch after a TD. Has/can anyone confirm these bits?
    Those statements are all factual.

The latest Ballghazi "leak" is that they have an on-field video of a Colts coach watching the ball boy put a pin in the intercepted ball, looking away to the game, and then calling up to the Colts GM. Not to get all nutty here, but you do have the former Jets GM (the one that hates Darth Hoodie) in charge of part of this investigation, you have a crazy Colts GM, and the week before you had Tom calling out Harbaugh II for not knowing the rules. GET YER BLACK 'COPTERS!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-06-2015 at 10:45 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Robert Kraft has demanded that the NFL apologize to the team , Bill Belichick and Tom Brady . Whether the NFL does this ...given the non-lack of evidence remains to be seen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Jerry Rice just outed himself for cheating in the 80s, right on the heels of saying the Patriots' success should contain an asterisk.

Joe's legacy ... Jerry's ... the golden Niners ... oh no ... /sarcasm

Jerry, just sit down and shut up!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-06-2015 at 01:06 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Robert Kraft has demanded that the NFL apologize to the team , Bill Belichick and Tom Brady . Whether the NFL does this ...given the non-lack of evidence remains to be seen.
    Jay-Z will let me bang Beyonce until her ancestors beg for mercy before Roger apologizes to Kraft and the Pats.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Peterson's going to be 30 at the start of the 2015 season, he's looking at a league that's de-emphasizing his position because of the shelf life and move to passing offenses, he's coming off a scandal and a team that's going to want to cut him, he's already expressed interest, he saw what that O-line did for Demarco Murray, he knows that he's not winning a ring with Minnesota and time's running out, and he knows if he wins a title with the Cowboys (and that's not outside the realm of possibility) he'll go down as a legend and this scandal fades nearly completely, I just see him and Jerry meeting in the middle somewhere. It's almost too perfect, like Suh becoming a Raider, so I doubt it happens. Makes too much sense.
    I'll say it again and see if it starts to sink in, Peterson makes over 14 million a year right now, over 5 mil a year more than the second highest paid running back, him meeting someone half way is still putting him in the top 5 highest paid RBs in the league, and yes he's coming off scandal, while that looks bad to Joe Public, what it looks like to a GM is the most productive running back currently in the league just got near a full season of rest. Basically if he's on the market, teams are going to be lining up to throw money at him, They've done it for RBs far below him talent wise at the same age and recently. Seriously, do people not understand the unbelievable bargain the Cowboys got out of Demarco Murray and Dez Bryant last year? 1.6 million is what Murray took up, 3.1 million is what Dez took up. Even lowballing it the Cowboys have to come up with AT LEAST 26 million in salary to get Dez and a top tier RB be it Murray or someone at or around his level, and they more than likely have about 6 or 7 million in cap space total to start with. Honestly if they do manage it it'll most likely come at the cost of gutting the rest of the team. There are plenty of other teams in the league to compete with in far better cap situations. If they're SMART they'll let Murray go, keep the O Line strong, and draft a new RB, Hell Todd Gurley's going as low as the 30s in some mock drafts these days
    Last edited by Hiromi; 02-06-2015 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

The latest Ballghazi "leak" is that they have an on-field video of a Colts coach watching the ball boy put a pin in the intercepted ball, looking away to the game, and then calling up to the Colts GM. Not to get all nutty here, but you do have the former Jets GM (the one that hates Darth Hoodie) in charge of part of this investigation, you have a crazy Colts GM, and the week before you had Tom calling out Harbaugh II for not knowing the rules. GET YER BLACK 'COPTERS!
    I'd really love to lay eyes on this video, i'm not sure it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    I'd really love to lay eyes on this video, i'm not sure it exists.
    Me, too. Hence why I put the work leak in quotation marks. I would bet money it doesn't exist, otherwise it'd be front and center already. I don't think there's some conspiracy because somebody would crack. It's the NFL, not a presidential election.

I think DeflateGate, Ballghazi only shows how inept the NFL is when it comes to standards & practices.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Haven't seen this, and if there were an ounce of credibility it'd be all over the rumor pages at CBS/ESPN. I'd love it as a Pats fan, but I'm guessing it'll come out that we did it and be punished in a month or two when free agency hits and people are focused on other things.

BANNED

I'll say it again and see if it starts to sink in, Peterson makes over 14 million a year right now, over 5 mil a year more than the second highest paid running back, him meeting someone half way is still putting him in the top 5 highest paid RBs in the league, and yes he's coming off scandal, while that looks bad to Joe Public, what it looks like to a GM is the most productive running back currently in the league just got near a full season of rest. Basically if he's on the market, teams are going to be lining up to throw money at him, They've done it for RBs far below him talent wise at the same age and recently. Seriously, do people not understand the unbelievable bargain the Cowboys got out of Demarco Murray and Dez Bryant last year? 1.6 million is what Murray took up, 3.1 million is what Dez took up. Even lowballing it the Cowboys have to come up with AT LEAST 26 million in salary to get Dez and a top tier RB be it Murray or someone at or around his level, and they more than likely have about 6 or 7 million in cap space total to start with. Honestly if they do manage it it'll most likely come at the cost of gutting the rest of the team. There are plenty of other teams in the league to compete with in far better cap situations. If they're SMART they'll let Murray go, keep the O Line strong, and draft a new RB, Hell Todd Gurley's going as low as the 30s in some mock drafts these days
    I don't need someone else's opinion to "sink in", if they cut him he's not getting all that money and even if he gets a portion he gets to double dip not if but when they cut him by being paid by another team. Regardless if that's league minimum or top RB money. And when I say "halfway" I don't mean the literal cut his salary in half, I mean Jerry having a hard-on for AP and his GM telling him what they can afford and the group of them sitting down and figuring it out. Jerry Jones is a nutjob and I believe he'll fight to have the toys he wants even if he has to gut his team, and it's not like Johnny Football where the sane members of his organization were dubious about his talent. AP has a track record despite the scandal and age, and they'll know he'll be an asset if they can make a deal. "If they're smart", again this is Jerry Jones here. He'd look like the worst GM who gives a s##t if he wasn't in the league with Dan Snyder.

By all indications , the Vikings want Peterson back . Plus given the whole fiasco with his kid last year , I doubt Peterson will push for a trade. The public perception of him is already low. I doubt he wants to make his image worse.