Page 83 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1293

Arian Foster Breaks Ground By Admitting He Doesn’t Believe In God

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ef=mostpopular

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I don't think Brady goes four more years, sadly. However, his strength has never really been slinging it down the field like Peyton. He's been dink and dunk (outside of the Moss years), and that may give him more time than Peyton. I'm just hoping he retires a Patriot, and isn't given the Bledsoe treatment. Given the four (and only) championship banners he's responsible for I don't think they will, but they're cold-blooded.
    Its Tom Brady , perhaps the greatest QB in NFL history. The Patriots will not rush Brady away and I suspect they will ask him each season how he feels once he does turn 40. If Brady claims he can come back after each season they will allow it. Because its bigger egg on the faces of letting a guy like Tom Brady finish his career out of a Patriots uniform. In fact one of the things that Patriots don't want is a Joe Montana situation where everyone basically agrees it was more heart breaking that Joe finished his last 2 seasons in Kansas City , instead of getting a chance to retire a hero with the 49ers.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I suspect Brady wants a shot at another Super Bowl ring so he can pass Joe Montana. Some fans (like me) still think Joe is the best quarterback ever because he's UNBEATEN in the Supe, but if Brady wins a fifth, he'll be the undisputed king of the hill.
    Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    See all that means to me is that Montana lost earlier more than Brady. Which is hardly impressive. Someone tried to say to me once "well Montana would have never lost in the SB to complete 19-0". Well the fact is Montana never put his team in position to potentially go 19-0. Brady did. Brady also put his team in position to win 2 more SB's than Montana. But playoff wise.

Joe Montana
    Playoff appearances: 11 (not counting 1992 when Young played)
    Playoff record: 16-7
    One and dones: 4
    NFCCG/AFCCG appearances. 6
    SB appearances: 4
    SB wins: 4

Tom Brady
    Playoff appearances: 12
    Playoff record: 21-8
    One and dones: 2
    AFCCG appearances: 9
    SB appearances: 6
    SB wins: 4

So the last number is the same. One set of stats is still clearly superior.

And that's before getting into things like Brady having the longest consecutive playoff win streak, most playoff and SB completions, passing yards and TD's. He holds the record for playoff games played and won. He holds the record for AFCCG and SB appearances (tied with Lodish for appearances and for a QB is tied in wins and SB MVP's with Montana). Most division titles. Has the most completions in a single half of a SB. And most passes completed in a single SB, which he did last year.

And that's just post season. Brady pretty much beats him in most stats in general. Including single season and career for passes completed, passing yards, passing touchdowns, passer rating, QBR, gaming wins drives, and comebacks. And before someone says "different times" Dan Marino, Steve Young, and John Elway are pretty high on all those lists and are generally competitive with Brady.

And that's not even include things like Brady having the best winning percentage ever, the first and only 16-0 regular season, setting the record twice for most consecutive wins.

They are tied in the most important thing. Literally everything else leans Brady. And the biggest playoff critique is that Brady got further two more times than Montana but didn't go all the way.
    Montana a couple years ago already said Brady was the best QB. Better than he was. He handed Brady a football signed and told him in person how much of a better QB he was. I thought Brady was gonna cry.

And maybe it was destiny. Maybe it was the fact Brady saw his boyhood hero start his greatness in 1981.

So maybe there now is a kid who is watching Brady at a game and he too will ascend to a level and we will see Brady hand him a football and proclaim him the best in 10-15 years.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

In more insane silly Buffalo Bills news , Rex Ryan isn't happy with his TE's and have called them babies over how they are blocking. The Bills have vowed to run the ball a lot in 2015. What makes it more silly is they signed TE Charles Gray to a 5 year $38 million contract to essentially become a run blocker. Its one of those dumb moves you question what the organization is thinking.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-little-babies
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 08-07-2015 at 01:04 PM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

49ers have finally said enough's enough and cut Aldon Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    49ers have finally said enough's enough and cut Aldon Smith
    He has a legitimate problem and needs to seek help. Personally I'm ready to move on. The 49ers had the 5th ranked defense without him most of the season last year. When he came back he didn't necessarily light the world on fire. Brooks, Harold, and Lynch can make for an okay group off the edge if all things click. Still more concerned about the offense.

Aldon Smith needs some kind of help. The guy knew he was on his last chance and he still got drunk, drove and hit another car.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Aldon Smith needs some kind of help. The guy knew he was on his last chance and he still got drunk, drove and hit another car.
    He needed help before and didn't go for it. It is hard to feel sorry for someone who continually throws away chances.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I remember years ago Kerry Collins had a problem with alcohol and partying and showed up at Saints for practice in bad shape and it forced Mike Ditka to cut him . As Ditka said the man needed to get some help and get himself a woman to settle down. It was a big wake up call for Collins who went to rehab soon after and gave up drinking. He'd sign with the Giants and rebound his career. He would tell how right Ditka was and thanked him for the wake up call for him.

Aldon Smith hopefully learns this is the wake up call he needs. Go check into rehab for your drinking problem. If you have to take the season off....do it. Get some help and show a new team or the 49ers you mean business.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    I don't know. Philly seems like a team on the rise, to me. I think Chip Kelly's plan just might work out. Dallas, on the other hand, seems like a team that's going to be "rebuilding" soon.
    They would be if their qbs werent jokes.
    Getting rid of Foles for the he cant remain healthy to save his life bradford is a 5 stars not smart move.
    But I assume chip contunues to believe some bullcrap that any ineffective qbs are alex smith's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    They would be if their qbs werent jokes.
    Getting rid of Foles for the he cant remain healthy to save his life bradford is a 5 stars not smart move.
    But I assume chip contunues to believe some bullcrap that any ineffective qbs are alex smith's.
    What is insane is Foles was knocked out for games due to his health , not the fact he lost the starting job. NFL.Com has an article claiming Foles lost his starting job due to his foot work and all. Which is silly as **** since the guy suffered a bad shoulder injury after taking beating for 8 games. In one game I watched Foles took such a damn beating , he still won the damn game for them.

Chip Kelly never wanted Foles. He was deemed too big at the position (6'5/6'6) and not the running QB he favored. Foles fit a more west coast system and it showed. But he worked Kelly's offense like a damn master. He made it click even when Kelly was cutting guys on the offense .

BANNED

Well, Rams must be happy with him to extend him before the preseason (which starts tomorrow, holy sh##!). Aldon Smith thing is just one more pile on to the 49ers crap-wagon, but on the bright side it can't get much worse and nobody outside of their area is going to have realistic expectations of a playoff appearance so you're playing with house money. On Rex Ryan and TEs, I think that's just Rex being a hard-ass. They knew what they were getting with Clay, and felt he was worth the money. Haven't heard of any of the other guys, but if all they're doing is blocking I'm sure somebody will step up. I'd still be more worried about QB. That's where their playoff hopes lie.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Hmm! This is a curious piece of business, heavy emphasis on "business":

NFL may sell 2016 L.A. tickets before a team even moves
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Well, Rams must be happy with him to extend him before the preseason (which starts tomorrow, holy sh##!). Aldon Smith thing is just one more pile on to the 49ers crap-wagon, but on the bright side it can't get much worse and nobody outside of their area is going to have realistic expectations of a playoff appearance so you're playing with house money. On Rex Ryan and TEs, I think that's just Rex being a hard-ass. They knew what they were getting with Clay, and felt he was worth the money. Haven't heard of any of the other guys, but if all they're doing is blocking I'm sure somebody will step up. I'd still be more worried about QB. That's where their playoff hopes lie.
    49ers are a soap opera.
    The retirements and mutual divorce with Jim are graceful, but the rest pain has been the theme . Maybe the Rams win more games than the 49ers.

I still find it hillarious but also assinine that Jim Harbaugh visted Peyton Manning in the summer of 2011 but stated this had nothing at all to do with trying to acquire him as a qb for the 49ers.
    It's insulting to one's intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    49ers are a soap opera.
    The retirements and mutual divorce with Jim are graceful, but the rest pain has been the theme . Maybe the Rams win more games than the 49ers.

I still find it hillarious but also assinine that Jim Harbaugh visted Peyton Manning in the summer of 2011 but stated this had nothing at all to do with trying to acquire him as a qb for the 49ers.
    It's insulting to one's intelligence.
    Meh, Jim doesn't owe the public anything. Which is what I loved about him. He didn't give a **** about the media or the court of public opinion. It would annoy me to no end having to talk to those people every other day about how your job is going. Especially if you had a bad day at work.