Page 9 of 87 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It appears the Chargers are playing stadium blackmail with San Diego. Maybe this is just me, but I thought the team's hatchet man, Mark Fabiani sounded like quite the asshole in this article.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...ity-hall-panel
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

I never understand why the cities don't just treat it as a business deal. "Sure, we'll build you a stadium. And for as long as you use it, we get 15% gross of your merchandizing money."
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I never understand why the cities don't just treat it as a business deal. "Sure, we'll build you a stadium. And for as long as you use it, we get 15% gross of your merchandizing money."
    Either that never occurs to them, or are afraid of pissing off greedy owners who want every last cent of money they can squeeze out of fans.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Browns according to this link not only tried shopping Josh Gordon mid-season to the New England Patriots , they also had 2 early teams that season interested. The 49ers turned down a trade , but the next team will surprise you.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...don-swap-in-13

The asking price? Cleveland wanted Nick Foles, who went into the season as Philly's No. 2 quarterback behind Michael Vick. Banner was with the Eagles when they drafted Foles in 2012.
    This is pretty surprising the team turned it down.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Browns according to this link not only tried shopping Josh Gordon mid-season to the New England Patriots , they also had 2 early teams that season interested. The 49ers turned down a trade , but the next team will surprise you.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...don-swap-in-13

This is pretty surprising the team turned it down.
    Maybe not. The Eagles already had one pain in the ass on the roster in Desean Jackson (whom would be cut after the 2013 season), so Kelly was right to be leery of Gordon and his baggage. While most troublemakers turn things around for the better after a change of scenery, I suspect Gordon isn't one of those players. On top of that, the third string QB was (and still is) Matt Barkley who clearly showed was not ready for prime time, the Birds would've been in huge trouble when Vick went down from the injury that opened the door for Foles. So, I'm glad that trade never went down.

Get your popcorn ready, folks! It's official! Marcus Mariota will throw at the combine! WHOOOOOOOOOOO!

(said with tongue firmly planted in cheek)

BTW: The latest Ballgazhi news is that the chief locker room attendant tried to sneak in an unapproved K ball.

ESPN is turning into TMZPN.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    BTW: The latest Ballgazhi news is that the chief locker room attendant tried to sneak in an unapproved K ball.

ESPN is turning into TMZPN.
    What makes it more silly is ESPN is quoting "sources" which really until they actually detail them , well....we will see.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

What makes it more silly is ESPN is quoting "sources" which really until they actually detail them , well....we will see.
    Well they have a still of a video! That shows the guy handing a ball to the ref, then exchanging it for another one. BTW: The Jets are tampering with Revis, where's the alarm bells there!? Didn't the Cowboys get into some trouble for doing that with AP this year?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Well they have a still of a video! That shows the guy handing a ball to the ref, then exchanging it for another one. BTW: The Jets are tampering with Revis, where's the alarm bells there!? Didn't the Cowboys get into some trouble for doing that with AP this year?
    Schefter reported that two separate officials handed the Patriots equipment manager the K ball and one of them has since been fired for stealing and selling some of the game balls. Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Schefter reported that two separate officials handed the Patriots equipment manager the K ball and one of them has since been fired for stealing and selling some of the game balls. Hmmmm.
    http://www.massholesports.com/2015/0...ming-shit.html

Wow. It's getting crazy now.

Remember when I said that the NFL should look at the referees possibly. This seems like an exercise in basically trying every way to ignore those guys and concentrate on an equipment manager . The funniest fact is , the equipment manager they claim went to the bathroom with the game balls for 90 seconds. That is 1:30 seconds. Now he's supposed to go to the bathroom , pull out the deflater deal and take out all the air of 11 of the 12 balls in 1 minute .

Yeah no one is buying it either .

BANNED

Remember when I said that the NFL should look at the referees possibly. This seems like an exercise in basically trying every way to ignore those guys and concentrate on an equipment manager . The funniest fact is , the equipment manager they claim went to the bathroom with the game balls for 90 seconds. That is 1:30 seconds. Now he's supposed to go to the bathroom , pull out the deflater deal and take out all the air of 11 of the 12 balls in 1 minute .

Yeah no one is buying it either .
    Oh and according to Rappoport the equipment guy that supposedly did this is an elderly man.

Remember how I kept throwing cold water on everyone who was saying Larry Fitzgerald was going to get cut or traded, and not be in Arizona in 2015?

This is where I can officially say "I told you so." It's been rumored for like 4 of the past 5 seasons, and it's always bogus guys. Stop believing it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Remember how I kept throwing cold water on everyone who was saying Larry Fitzgerald was going to get cut or traded, and not be in Arizona in 2015?

This is where I can officially say "I told you so." It's been rumored for like 4 of the past 5 seasons, and it's always bogus guys. Stop believing it.
    Its a 2 season deal ad he took less money. Which is shocking considering he could have likely got one last big deal or a team that has a QB to get him the ball. What is sad is , will Fritzgerald get to a Super Bowl before his Cardinals career ends ?