Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Renew Your Vows Sales Predictions

There have been a few references to what Marvel might to do if Renew Your Vows sells well. But we haven't really discussed expectations for sales.

How do you think the issues will do? There is the obvious caveat that the discussion is premature as we don't know many key details such as the length of the story, or whether there will be any unique promotions.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

125k for the first issue.

I think it has piqued enough interest to do well for what's a tie-in.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    ...I think it has piqued enough interest to do well....
    I agree, enough people are intrigued by the concept plus certain others I'm sure will buy it purely out of spite further boosting sales figures.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

about the same as spider-verse.

BANNED

Magneto and Loki are each going to get four issues for Secret Days, and Ultimate End is getting five, I think it's safe to assume that Renew Your Vows would have around that many issues. Likewise, considering the format for those books, we can also assume that "Renew Your Vows" won't be a subtitle for a book that will replace ASM, but rather, that will be the name of the arc. Regardless of whether it will start with #18 or #19, that will be the number we see, as opposed to "Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #1". Unless, of course, it follows Attilan Rising's format of being a new ongoing in addition to the main book. However, in that case, Soule is already writing Uncanny Inhumans and Inhumans in addition to Attilan Rising, so either Slott is writing both an issue of the regular ASM book in addition to Renew Your Vows, as well as his work on Silver Surfer, or it's just Silver Surfer and Renew Your Vows for him, while the "main" ASM story will be covered by Spiral.

Either way, considering how ASM consistently fares well in sales, Renew Your Vows will have "Amazing Spider-Man" in its title no matter what, so Renew Your Vows should do just as well as the series typically does. When it comes to "unique" promotions, though, the most I'm expecting would probably be dependent on which banner it falls under. It's going to have the Secret Wars logo on it no matter what, which should also contribute to its sales, though I'll have to double check to see how Original Sin and AXIS affected the sales of their respective tie-ins. However, the banners are looking to be how Marvel wants to draw attention to each book. "Last Days" is more about character stories, so I could see Renew Your Vows being a part of that. Battleworld is where you see Ultimate End and Attilan Rising, and Ultimate End is all about an entire universe facing its end, while Attilan Rising is about further expanding the franchise Marvel has been focusing on since Inhumanity. Unless Renew Your Vows affects more of the Spider-Man books beyond ASM, I can't see it being a Battleworld book, but I could be wrong. Warzones is more about the "building blocks" for Battleworld after Secret Wars, and given the comments about how Renew Your Vows is supposed to be the Spider-Man story during Secret Wars, it would certainly work for that.

I guess the banner you could expect depends on your expectations for the story. If you don't buy for a second that this will bring the marriage back, and you're in the "This is meant as the final nail in the coffin for the marriage" camp, then I'd expect "Last Days" to be perfect for that. If you want this to be an event unto itself, showing just how much this would affect, that'd be a Battleworld story. If you think this is meant to stick, or maybe even be a way to just "test the waters", then Warzones would probably be the best fit. I'll admit that that's just looking at it in terms of basics, so feel to disagree with that logic, but really, what it comes down to for me would depend on the banner.

Extremely high... Thats the only prediction I have.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Probably about as well as the first part of Spider-Verse. I think that was in the 130k range, so that seems like a probable number.
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

Depends on what it actually is.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'd expect sales of the first issue, whatever it is actually about, will be high, as for the rest well I think it kinda depends on how issue 1 is received. Wait and see I guess.

There's a lot of things we don't actually know about RYV. Will it just use the numbering of Amazing vol. 3? Will it be a new launch with a new #1? Will it have variant covers? Will it be marketed as a major part of Secret Wars?

All we know is Slott and Kubert are the creative team, and Marvel's saying that "this is your Spider-Man."

Obviously, the expectation is for every issue to sell 300,000 copies. If it doesn't, it shows fans don't want Spider-Man to be married.

My actual guess is something like 105,000 copies for the first part (according to icv2 estimates), and 85,000 copies for the rest. It's a highly promoted storyline, but not the way Spider-Verse was. 85,000 copies would be the fourth best selling comic of November, and the seventh best-selling comic of December.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Why does it need to sell that much to show that fans want Spider-Man to be married, and a failure to sell as much definitively proves a preference for an unmarried Spider-Man? Do the sales need to be "exceptional"? It has fewer promotions because this is secondary to Secret Wars, whereas Spider-Verse is still ongoing. We also don't know if the story will begin in May or June. Once that's clarified, and Spider-Verse is over, they can move on from promoting Spider-Verse and go on to promoting Renew Your Vows.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Why does it need to sell that much to show that fans want Spider-Man to be married...
    #Sarcasm??

Honestly, no matter what the sales are like Marvel can interpret them however they want.

If sales are high they can say it's a good thing the marriage isn't there because simply teasing it is a way to sell more books. Then if sales are low they can say people don't care about the marriage.

Either way, we lose...and so do Peter and MJ. (We being people who cared about the marriage.)

Wait how many issues of RYV are going to be made? Isn't this a short mini-series?