Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    #Sarcasm??
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Wait how many issues of RYV are going to be made? Isn't this a short mini-series?
    We don't know. It might be a mini, or a few new issues of Amazing Spider-Man. I'm not sure it matters as much for sales discussions.

A Dan Slott written Secret Wars tie-in starring Spider-Man is going to attract the attention of store owners, just as a Secret Wars tie-in in ASM would.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

it seems as if company-wide cross over events sell well just because. add the mystery around what the hell it actually is, along with revisiting an extremely controversial story (and company decision) and i’d say it will sell very well. about 10k more?

have any recent events bombed?

as an aside, do people still buy multiple issues of a comic they want to support thing they tried on spider-girl way back?

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    it seems as if company-wide cross over events sell well just because. add the mystery around what the hell it actually is, along with revisiting an extremely controversial story (and company decision) and i’d say it will sell very well. about 10k more?

have any recent events bombed?

as an aside, do people still buy multiple issues of a comic they want to support thing they tried on spider-girl way back?
    What does "more than" mean? Is it compared to typical post-relaunch issues of Amazing Spider-Man? Because the most recent issues are going to have higher sales with Spider-Verse.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

If this becomes the main series for the summer months (pretty much is ASM in that frame), my guess would be that it sells as much as the Secret Wars issues itself. Considering ASM stays in the top 10 or top 5 in Dan Slott's run, it wouldn't be out of the question that it could sell as much as the main book.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    If this becomes the main series for the summer months (pretty much is ASM in that frame), my guess would be that it sells as much as the Secret Wars issues itself. Considering ASM stays in the top 10 or top 5 in Dan Slott's run, it wouldn't be out of the question that it could sell as much as the main book.
    I don't know if it will sell as well as Secret Wars. But I could see it selling around Spider-Verse numbers. Maybe a little higher, depending on how big Secret Wars is and how important (this?) Spider-Man is within Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    What does "more than" mean? Is it compared to typical post-relaunch issues of Amazing Spider-Man? Because the most recent issues are going to have higher sales with Spider-Verse.
    soz, let me clarify- more than a base level (non event driven) if such a thing exists? it seems both companies like to reboot, renumber, cross-over, add and subtract books etc regularly, so there might not be a stable figure.

i suspect there is probably an average figure of sales increases that happen for events in general, despite the book or character or story. my guess was around 10, 000.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I don't know if it will sell as well as Secret Wars. But I could see it selling around Spider-Verse numbers. Maybe a little higher, depending on how big Secret Wars is and how important (this?) Spider-Man is within Secret Wars.
    When AVX and Infinity happened, Spider-Man still stayed in the top 10. Now imagine if it actually tied into the main event.
    Considering Secret Wars is Marvel's biggest event of the year so far, it shouldn't be a stretch that the Spider-Man title would do as well as it.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

It's buzzworthy. Just the introduction of the cover image with no preface alone was and enough to let it stand out in feeds on it's own from the rest of the covers. Mary Jane and Peter together tends to generate it's own hype. I'd say it has a chance to grab good numbers. The better factor then what comprises the book or is attractive about it is what it's going in the market, more specifically in that very month. Noting that different buyers have different limitations and buy different amounts of issues in any given month. Then it becomes a competition for taking place on the ladder, and then what comics selling that month are taking the place on the majorities pull list (or against their bank, you know what I mean). So the question for me becomes how does this book and the hype surrounding it stack up against the competition particularly when the follow up question is will it generate the kind of numbers that makes Marvel reconsider it's position on Peter Parker's marriage status. I'm not up for running through the solicits and everything it stands against but I think the general idea is there for anyone that divulges working the list and number crunching angle.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    When AVX and Infinity happened, Spider-Man still stayed in the top 10. Now imagine if it actually tied into the main event.
    Considering Secret Wars is Marvel's biggest event of the year so far, it shouldn't be a stretch that the Spider-Man title would do as well as it.
    There's a difference between how well the #1 comic sells, and how well the #10 comic sells.

We still don't know how much RYV will tie into Secret Wars proper. I understand what you're getting at, of course. But that depends on how big Secret Wars itself is. I'm just going to be a little on the cautious side and think around the numbers of Spider-Verse.

Hopefully the sales on RYV are strong and it jumpstarts interest in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #21.

My signed copy by Steve Wacker will be worth a fortune then!

- Jason G. Carr

Hello,

Just curious. If I have a print subscription to ASM, will I get Renew Your Vows? If not, what will I get?

Quote Originally Posted by mi27ke85 View Post
    Hello,

Just curious. If I have a print subscription to ASM, will I get Renew Your Vows? If not, what will I get?
    You should get Renew Your Vows. RYV still has the ASM branding, as well as the same writer of ASM (at least before RYV. Will Slott remain after? Only Marvel knows right now.)

Thanks. I think sales will be good. I have nothing to back this up, just a feeling.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mi27ke85 View Post
    Thanks. I think sales will be good. I have nothing to back this up, just a feeling.
    Bleeding Cool reported sales were pretty high for the week it came out.

The Top 100 chart is in for last month, right before Renew Your Vows.

I'll list the top ones and the Spider-Man related ones.

1 SECRET WARS #1 $4.99 MAR
    2 BRAVEST WARRIORS TALES HOLO JOHN #1 $4.99 BOO
    3 SECRET WARS #2 $4.99 MAR
    4 STAR WARS #5 $3.99 MAR
    5 DEADPOOLS SECRET SECRET WARS #1 $4.99 MAR
    6 A-FORCE #1 $3.99 MAR
    7 OLD MAN LOGAN #1 $4.99 MAR
    8 DARTH VADER #5 $3.99 MAR
    9 CONVERGENCE #5[*] $3.99 DC
    10 CONVERGENCE #6[*] $3.99 DC
    11 CONVERGENCE #8[*] $4.99 DC
    12 CONVERGENCE #7[*] $3.99 DC
    13 INFINITY GAUNTLET #1 $3.99 MAR
    14 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #18 $3.99 MAR
    15 SPIDER-GWEN #4

16 THOR #8 $3.99 MAR
    17 ANT-MAN #5 $3.99 MAR
    18 SPIDER-VERSE #1 $4.99 MAR
    19 ULTIMATE END #1 $3.99 MAR
    37 SECRET WARS 2099 #1 $3.99 MAR
    41 SILK #4 $3.99 MAR
    75 SPIDER-WOMAN #7 $3.99 MAR
    82 SPIDER-MAN 2099 #12 $3.99 MAR

We really haven't had active sales threads for several years, but some interesting things have happened to the industry.

If ICV2 estimates are reasonably accurate, things are better at the bottom. In April 2015 (May estimates aren't in yet), the 100th best-selling comic sold over 30,000 copies. In April 2011, it was an estimated 17,740 copies.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets