Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Why should it be shameful? What makes it inexcusable? I think it would be silly for them not to capitalize off of any attention the movie reflects onto the book. What's the upside in NOT putting out Civil War 2? We also have no reason to think it is being shoehorned. Civil War is nearly a decade old. Creators have had lots of time to come up with ideas for the sequel. For all we know, it could be the second act of a three-series event that Marvel has had planned for years. Calling it shoehorning is disrespectful, especially when it is coming from a place of ignorance regarding the schedules and plans of the creators.
    Hero versus hero is a highly silly gimmick when overused like the way the Big 2 have been overmilking it for the past decade or so. The general consensus is the first Civil War did a number on Tony's credibility as a superhero and moral individual, something he still hasn't fully recovered from. Having him clash with his previous opponent's successor is entering a mire of possible character and story issues. Seeing how there hasn't been any build-up to this showdown, it does feel like it has just been shoehorned in for the movie. It's not a particularly bad business decision, but everything from its lack of build-up, unwise usage of at least one of its primary players and the risk it presents at disrupting the stories and direction Marvel had originally planned for Iron Man and the Avengers, it doesn't seem like a particularly good business decision either.

BANNED

That's actually the index number. It represents sales according to whatever it is Batman sold.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    That's actually the index number. It represents sales according to whatever it is Batman sold.
    It may not present the exact number but we still get a good idea of how much it sold especially in regard to the other SW tie-ins.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It may not present the exact number but we still get a good idea of how much it sold especially in regard to the other SW tie-ins.
    I'm not arguing. Just that it's the index number and not actual sales.

Comichron shows a clearer picture with a larger number for RYV #5 (94,653). Now that makes more sense as that number allows for a finale bump.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Comichron shows a clearer picture with a larger number for RYV #5 (94,653). Now that makes more sense as that number allows for a finale bump.
    To back up what Cyberhubbs said, the index number of 82.73 does not mean 82,730 copies. It means it sold 82.73% of what Batman sold that month.

94,653 would remain 82.73% of what Batman sold.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

RYV was the best selling Secret Wars tie-in.

It's awesome to see this book did so well. It's always great to see Spider-Man do well. I think there was definitely a clear market for this book.

I hope ASM continues to build off this momentum going forward. The new direction looks very interesting. I really need to go ahead and finish RYV so I can check it out.

This ended up being the most popular thread on the Spider-Man board started in 2015.

There have been more replies to the Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy appreciation threads, but those were started last year.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets