Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    DC just announced SUPERMAN: LOIS & CLARK, a Convergence spin-off about a Superman still married to Lois, and raising their son.

Your move, Marvel.
    Indeed, the ball is now in your court Marvel. If DC can do such an AU, than why not you Marvel?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by squirecam View Post
    I think alot of people would buy it too.
    I tend to agree. The sales numbers for RVY seem to support this position as well. I know I would certainly buy such an ongoing series.

Well, that confirms it. Marvel are releasing a new spin off series to Renew Your Vows. Awesome news, but I hate that it was spoiled by a Superman announcement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Well, that confirms it. Marvel are releasing a new spin off series to Renew Your Vows. Awesome news, but I hate that it was spoiled by a Superman announcement.
    What? RYV is not getting a spinoff.

What, where did you read that!? I'm so confused right now...

A Joe Quesada variant cover for Renew Your Vows #5 was released about an hour ago.

Could that be what you're referring to?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/...-teased-today/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    A Joe Quesada variant cover for Renew Your Vows #5 was released about an hour ago.

Nope, but that is cool.

I've had this feeling about it all along. With the Superman announcement it confirms it for me. These companies are incapable of not doing the exact same thing somehow. I wish Spidey would have been first so it would have been a bigger surprise. But I can't wait to see how things continue!

Nope, but that is cool.

I've had this feeling about it all along. With the Superman announcement it confirms it for me. These companies are incapable of not doing the exact same thing somehow. I wish Spidey would have been first so it would have been a bigger surprise. But I can't wait to see how things continue!
    So, to clarify things, you are unaware of any actual announcement of a Renew Your Vows spinoff, and you just think it's going to happen?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

So, to clarify things, you are unaware of any actual announcement of a Renew Your Vows spinoff, and you just think it's going to happen?
    Yes, but I'm almost positive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by squirecam View Post
    Why cant people just admit that RYV #1 sold really well, that it involves a married Pete and MJ..and people are excited to read about that status quo.
    Answer: because it flies in the face of the current agenda for the title and character.

Namely, further diluting the Spider-Man character by shilling spinoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I tend to agree. The sales numbers for RVY seem to support this position as well. I know I would certainly buy such an ongoing series.
    With Renew Your Vows and Spiral both happening right now, the books are at a high point for me. I am going to enjoy this while I can, because I know it's not going to last forever. Renew Your Vows needs to be spun-off into an on-going.
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    DC just announced SUPERMAN: LOIS & CLARK, a Convergence spin-off about a Superman still married to Lois, and raising their son.

Your move, Marvel.
    Haha, knew there would be activity in this thread as soon as I saw that announced.

Gosh, don't JINX IT!

Indeed, the ball is now in your court Marvel. If DC can do such an AU, than why not you Marvel?
    Seriously, especially considering all the Spider-Daughters have been a million times more interesting than all the Supersons.

One of those character images for the unannounced titles caught my eye.

spoilers:
    4th screenshot, third image in the bottom row. Is that MJ? That's how a lot of 90's artists would draw her during the marriage years. And Peter sitting behind her?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 07-10-2015 at 11:34 PM.

BANNED

Technically it is and isn't an AU. The Superman and Lois of this book are the pre-Flashpoint/post-crisis versions who have settled on another Earth.

In effect, this is the sort of twist that some people were expecting for Renew Your Vows, at least until it soon became clear that version of Peter and MJ were their own thing and not meant to be pre-OMD versions with the exact same continuity.