Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    That's just it: from a psychological standpoint, extreme rage can have a paralytic effect. The mind and body just shuts down. But this is comics, and don't even try to have a rational discussion with Hulk fans about the limitations of rage. They'll just say that Hulk has unlimited levels of rage and therefore unlimited strength. Oh, and no matter how mad he gets, he's always in control. One of my friends is a huge Hulk fan. Like cultists, don't bother trying to have a sensible conversation about the Hulk with them. They won't listen.
    Well with an attitude like yours i can't imagine why Hulk fans can't have a sensible discussion with you.

But for the record i don't think Hulk has either limitless strength or anger, it wouldn't make sense.

That's just it: from a psychological standpoint, extreme rage can have a paralytic effect. The mind and body just shuts down. But this is comics, and don't even try to have a rational discussion with Hulk fans about the limitations of rage. They'll just say that Hulk has unlimited levels of rage and therefore unlimited strength. Oh, and no matter how mad he gets, he's always in control. One of my friends is a huge Hulk fan. Like cultists, don't bother trying to have a sensible conversation about the Hulk with them. They won't listen.
    I love Hulk too, he's one of the greats, I've just never understood the need many fans have for their favourite character be the "greatest ever of all time" of whatever niche they're in. Hulk not being the strongest being ever doesn't make him less of a character, he's still a great character.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Well with an attitude like yours i can't imagine why Hulk fans can't have a sensible discussion with you.

But for the record i don't think Hulk has either limitless strength or anger, it wouldn't make sense.
    Hey, this attitude was honed by decades of debates with logically-impermeable Hulk fans. I'm not saying they're all that way, but an alarming number of them are. Just wait for it...a few will start responding to this thread any minute now.

BANNED

Hey, this attitude was honed by decades of debates with logically-impermeable Hulk fans. I'm not saying they're all that way, but an alarming number of them are. Just wait for it...a few will start responding to this thread any minute now.
    Yea any minute now, well 4 years + any minute now.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I love Hulk too, he's one of the greats, I've just never understood the need many fans have for their favourite character be the "greatest ever of all time" of whatever niche they're in. Hulk not being the strongest being ever doesn't make him less of a character, he's still a great character.
    We all have a little bit of Hulk in us, which is why he appeals to so many. I get it. But at the same time, the Hulk, like most franchise characters, benefits from decades of writers who have tweaked his powerset to make him exponentially more powerful than he ought to be. It gets to the point where disbelief can no longer be suspended.

Yea any minute now, well 4 years + any minute now.
    It's the weekend. Just wait for it. lol

BANNED

We all have a little bit of Hulk in us, which is why he appeals to so many. I get it. But at the same time, the Hulk, like most franchise characters, benefits from decades of writers who have tweaked his powerset to make him exponentially more powerful than he ought to be. It gets to the point where disbelief can no longer be suspended.
    As long as it's done in narratively satisfying ways i really don't mind. Like i don't mind what Greg Pak did with Planet Hulk and events that followed and i don't mind what Ewing is currently doing with Hulk. These 2 writers have arguably given the biggest jump in power in regards to Hulk and both have crafted 2 of the most memorable stories Hulk has ever had(one of which is still ongoing). As long as it's done like that i really don't mind.

However i do hope Hulk never goes far away from being a "brick", i feel like with his immortality and insane healing factor he is veering far away from it to the point where it gets harder and harder to call him a brick.

As long as it's done in narratively satisfying ways i really don't mind. Like i don't mind what Greg Pak did with Planet Hulk and events that followed and i don't mind what Ewing is currently doing with Hulk. These 2 writers have arguably given the biggest jump in power in regards to Hulk and both have crafted 2 of the most memorable stories Hulk has ever had(one of which is still ongoing). As long as it's done like that i really don't mind.

However i do hope Hulk never goes far away from being a "brick", i feel like with his immortality and insane healing factor he is veering far away from it to the point where it gets harder and harder to call him a brick.
    The Hulk kind of stopped being just a brick way back when they established that he can perceive astral forms. It was a small tweak to his power set, but sufficient a digression that it all but announced that anything goes. I guess they figured if gaining random powers from nowhere worked for Golden and Silver Age Superman, then it can work for the Hulk, too.

As for his healing powers, isn't he already at the point where you can't really kill him? Doesn't he heal from everything up to and including complete atomization in a matter of minutes, if not seconds?

Juggernaut with Cyttorak empowerment theoreticaly limited strength.Also, lore-wise Zeus is absolutely powerful, and hercules is actually a god of sttenghth in marvel universe, his strenghth is seemingly limitless.
    Last edited by Thane; 12-08-2019 at 04:10 AM.

Pure physical strength? Hulk, easily. That is literally his niche; His physical strength knows no bounds.

Zeus doesn't count. He has Godlike powers that put him beyond pure physical strength.

Man you re wrong cytorrak is stronger than hulk.
    4b0ac1a2a4a388d8552011181e324b89.jpg

BANNED

well hulk was empowered by the one below all who used him as a vessel to destroy the 9th cosmos

"theoretically" he may also be said to have unlimited strength (i assume you meant unlimited in post #69)

BANNED

The Hulk kind of stopped being just a brick way back when they established that he can perceive astral forms. It was a small tweak to his power set, but sufficient a digression that it all but announced that anything goes. I guess they figured if gaining random powers from nowhere worked for Golden and Silver Age Superman, then it can work for the Hulk, too.

As for his healing powers, isn't he already at the point where you can't really kill him? Doesn't he heal from everything up to and including complete atomization in a matter of minutes, if not seconds?
    His ability to perceive astral forms was more thematic it was tied to his ability to see ghosts, which is why there were times his father haunted and tortured him. SA Superman would literally shoot a tiny Superman out of his arm lol i don't think that had any thematic or story value it was literally just pulling random powers out of their butt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thane View Post
    Juggernaut with Cyttorak empowerment theoreticaly limited strength.Also, lore-wise Zeus is absolutely powerful, and hercules is actually a god of sttenghth in marvel universe, his strenghth is seemingly limitless.
    Thor is also a god of strength, not just lightning but being a god of something doesn't mean you are the best at something and Hercules strength is definitely not limitless, in fact Hulk has already overpowered him.

As for Juggernaut, well yea if Cyttorak gives him enough power he should be stronger but most of the time that is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    well hulk was empowered by the one below all who used him as a vessel to destroy the 9th cosmos

"theoretically" he may also be said to have unlimited strength (i assume you meant unlimited in post #69)
    Yeah i meant that exactly, and

Thor is also a god of strength, not just lightning but being a god of something doesn't mean you are the best at something and Hercules strength is definitely not limitless, in fact Hulk has already overpowered him.

As for Juggernaut, well yea if Cyttorak gives him enough power he should be stronger but most of the time that is not the case.
    There s info on marvel wiki that states it s exactly unlimited.
    IMG_20191208_192123_204.jpg

I guess there s popularity and plot factor, which seems
    nearly always goes against herx or juggy.They might be ultra
    Super duper strong, but as long as people like hulk, because of his SMASH and various things like she hulk... That s about popularity.
    Last edited by Thane; 12-08-2019 at 09:30 AM.