Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 103
  1. #1
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,822

    Default In terms of pure physical strength who is the strongest marvel character

    rules and restrictions

    talking base strength (so no amplifying or when the hulk gets angrier, talking only base strength)

    no cosmic beings

  2. #2
    Incredible Member pinoypanzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    rules and restrictions

    talking base strength (so no amplifying or when the hulk gets angrier, talking only base strength)

    no cosmic beings
    When you say no cosmic beings are you referring to abstracts and general reality warpers? Or do you include beings like Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Kurse, Mangog on that list as well?

  3. #3
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    When you say no cosmic beings are you referring to abstracts and general reality warpers? Or do you include beings like Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Kurse, Mangog on that list as well?
    yes........... no abstracts or reality warpers

  4. #4
    Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    south coast
    Posts
    2,511

    Default

    Warpath
    image.jpg
    Cable says all full strength he will reach Hulk/Thor levels

    My second guess is Namor.

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member DurararaFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Ego The Living Planet

  6. #6
    Incredible Member billee0918's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Not sure there's a real answer, with so many "Class 100" strength types out there.
    Hulk, Thor(s), She-Hulk, Gladiator, Thing, Hercules, Wonder Man (Rogue now?)

  7. #7
    Incredible Member pinoypanzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Well, Abomination is definitely above base-form Savage Hulk who in turn is above She-Hulk, Thing, Wonder Man.

    Namor is only class 100 under water

    Kurse was twice as strong as Thor who in classic levels is roughly even with Hercules.

    Thanos is definitely up there: He manhandled Professor Hulk, Thing, Hercules, and Masterson Thor at the same time during the Infinity War Quasar tie-in with pure brute strength alone.

    Gladiator is a planet buster using punches only.

    Not to sure about Hyperion, The Blue Marvel and other flying bricks. I figure I'll mention there names in case someone with more knowledge can chime in.
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 02-02-2015 at 11:19 AM.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    4,988

    Default

    If we're excluding Celestials, Cosmic Abstracts, the person that wields the Power Infinity Gem, etc., etc., ...

    My guess is that Hyperion, Sentry, Marvelman, and Thanos are all in this discussion. I'm told Hyperion can move planets, and some version of Sentry can break nigh-indestructible metals with his bare hands. Thanos, of course, can take on both Hyperion and Sentry and giggle like a little school girl at their attacks.

    I'm not sure how strong Marvelman will be, or if he'll ever interact with other Marvel characters, but he's supposed to be up there as well.

  9. #9

    Default

    If Hulk is out of the running, then probably one of the Superman clones.

    Really, though, it's the Hulk.

  10. #10
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    954

    Default

    This is something that's always a mystery, because there is no consistency from one appearance to the next. The common thought is that Hulk is the strongest one there is, since
    his strength increases with anger and there is no known limit, but the stories usually don't play out that way. Sentry seems much stronger than Hulk, and the only other two I can
    think of in the same ballpark are Blue Marvel and King Hyperion. Blue Marvel was able to battle all of the Avengers and Sentry to a standstill, and King Hyperion was going around the
    multiverse killing all the other heroes with his bare hands, Hulks, Thors, etc. It took 2 other Hyperions to take him down. At one time, Drax was as strong as anybody. You just can't
    answer that question definitively, because some writer will want to show how badass a villain is by kicking one of their asses. Typing that made me think of Juggernaut, too. Nobody
    has ever flat-out out-muscled him at full strength. It could be him that's the strongest, subject to change anytime.

  11. #11
    Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    I've always been stopped at " infinite " strength. Characters that have no cap on their strength level should naturally take the top slot, but then to determine the " strongest " ? The answer is there clearly isn't one, just characters that qualify for infinite strength levels and are then comparable.
    I make love, you make me sick.

  12. #12
    Incredible Member pinoypanzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    This is something that's always a mystery, because there is no consistency from one appearance to the next. The common thought is that Hulk is the strongest one there is, since
    his strength increases with anger and there is no known limit, but the stories usually don't play out that way. Sentry seems much stronger than Hulk, and the only other two I can
    think of in the same ballpark are Blue Marvel and King Hyperion. Blue Marvel was able to battle all of the Avengers and Sentry to a standstill, and King Hyperion was going around the
    multiverse killing all the other heroes with his bare hands, Hulks, Thors, etc. It took 2 other Hyperions to take him down. At one time, Drax was as strong as anybody. You just can't
    answer that question definitively, because some writer will want to show how badass a villain is by kicking one of their asses. Typing that made me think of Juggernaut, too. Nobody
    has ever flat-out out-muscled him at full strength. It could be him that's the strongest, subject to change anytime.
    Juggy also has the magical force field which repels attacks and one needs something some kind of hax like Thor's Hammer to nullify it.

  13. #13
    Mighty Member GreenScar1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,760

    Default

    Without amping and even in a calm state, Hulk is definitely the physically strongest being there is.

    Examples.

    Repelling enough force to change the orbit of a planet when in a clam rage, forcing the Stranger to increase his power s to infinite levels to contain the Savage Hulk.



    Or how about when Gray Hulk (the physically weakest of the Hulk incarnations whose amping is much, much, much slower than that of the other Hulk incarnations) shatters an asteroid that's twice the size of Earth in a single blow while in a calm state.




    Bottom line: Even in a calm state, Hulk is a planet-buster and more than capable of delivering such blows when needed and without further amping.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Raymone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Juggernaut
    Used to be Juggernuat on the Marvel boards

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    4,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    I've always been stopped at " infinite " strength. Characters that have no cap on their strength level should naturally take the top slot, but then to determine the " strongest " ? The answer is there clearly isn't one, just characters that qualify for infinite strength levels and are then comparable.
    The problem is that someone will always come along and wonder who is at the top of the "infinite" group pyramid. It's probably best to sidestep the question. There is no way to know. And I think that's a good thing, especially when you're talking about the elite of the elite.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •