Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    no cosmic beings
    Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Ego The Living Planet
    If we're going to include all beings with definitive physical bodies, then the Technarchy's ruler Magus the father of Warlock should qualify, able to rip apart a star according to the OHOTMUDE.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    If we're excluding Celestials, Cosmic Abstracts, the person that wields the Power Infinity Gem, etc., etc., ...

My guess is that Hyperion, Sentry, Marvelman, and Thanos are all in this discussion. I'm told Hyperion can move planets, and some version of Sentry can break nigh-indestructible metals with his bare hands. Thanos, of course, can take on both Hyperion and Sentry and giggle like a little school girl at their attacks.

I'm not sure how strong Marvelman will be, or if he'll ever interact with other Marvel characters, but he's supposed to be up there as well.
    Add Blue Marvel. Hulk and Apocalypse could be up there too, depending on the writer.

at the end of the day its always going to be the Hulk and I don't really get why people say "he is only that strong when he gets angrier..." so?... He isnt effected by any special power or gem or cosmic force... he is just mad so he digs deep... Hulk wins this conversation.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    at the end of the day its always going to be the Hulk and I don't really get why people say "he is only that strong when he gets angrier..." so?... He isnt effected by any special power or gem or cosmic force... he is just mad so he digs deep... Hulk wins this conversation.
    Until he doesn't, and he's never outmuscled Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Until he doesn't, and he's never outmuscled Thor.
    He's literally done the 'stop hitting yourself' thing to Thor.

Pretty sure that counts as 'outmuscled.'

BANNED

When She-Hulk trained as Jen and then hulked up she was able to beat a guy wielding the Power Gem (though I forget if he lost it during the fight).

But does "strength" refer to force, like how powerful they can hit? Or like how big a mass they could throw around?

If the former it would probably be Juggernaut using his head, or Black Bolt using his voice . If the latter, it's probably a Hulk.

Also, Carol Danvers hits pretty hard, but I haven't seen any strength feats to compare with the others on the list. She threw Hulk but that was using the atmosphere.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    When She-Hulk trained as Jen and then hulked up she was able to beat a guy wielding the Power Gem (though I forget if he lost it during the fight).
    That was Tryco Slatterus formerly the Elder of the Universe known as Champion, who was forced to remove the Power Gem in their second battle. The other, beaten combatants later told her (benefits of hindsight eh?) that without the Gem any of them could have defeated him.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I think the fact that Marvel keeps it vague is intentional. Now you can have countless threads debating it. I actually think its one of the things that Marvel does better the n DC. DC has a more clear cut power scale, and I think it's to their detriment.

Jugernaut (not depowered) is the strongest. Hulk isn't on his level at base.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    He's literally done the 'stop hitting yourself' thing to Thor.

Pretty sure that counts as 'outmuscled.'
    If it wasn't a dream sequence.....

The original Abomination was said to be twice as strong as Hulk. Hyperion has a feat for keeping two planets from colliding into each other. Kurse at his height was 3x (?) stronger than Thor. Classic Drax the Destroyer tore a star apart with his bare hands.

And then of course, there is Thanos...
    ----------------------------------
    "...the guy who went to 'Nam and never came back..."

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Jugernaut (not depowered) is the strongest. Hulk isn't on his level at base.
    My thoughts exactly. And even though Hulk gets stronger the madder he gets, Juggernaut gets stronger the more force is pushed against him.

Now I want to see Juggie and Hulk arm-wrestle. Because Hulk would just get madder and madder, and Juggernaut's powers would constantly compensate.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    If we're going to include all beings with definitive physical bodies, then the Technarchy's ruler Magus the father of Warlock should qualify, able to rip apart a star according to the OHOTMUDE.
    That's ridiculous, no physical being can physically rip apart a star. Let's put than one back to the unsubstantiated hype box, which has never been empty, or even half-empty over the MU history.

Extraordinary Member

Blue marvel,sentry,thor and enraged hulk and are the strongest and equal in strength,but i think there are some more.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Add Blue Marvel. Hulk and Apocalypse could be up there too, depending on the writer.
    Actually, the person that I should have added was The Antimatter Man, best known as simply Anti-Man.

I intentionally left Adam Brashear off of the list, because there is some discrepancy between what his creator determined Brashear's strength to be and how he's been written subsequently. Initially, Kevin Grevioux said that the Blue Marvel wasn't as strong as Thor. However, we've seen Blue Marvel go toe to toe and blow for blow with King Hyperion and win. It is widely believed that King Hyperion is stronger than Thor. Indeed, King Hyperion has killed multiple Thors across a number of alternate realities in man to man combat. We can either assume that every Thor in every other alternate dimension isn't as strong as the the Thor in 616... which would be a logical stretch... or we can accept that feat at face value.

I'd like to think that the Blue Marvel probably has baseline strength that is a smidge less than Thor's, but has an x-factor at play that places him in the same tier as Thor and King Hyperion, and possible even the Sentry. After all, Brashear's power is derived from the same source as the Anti-Man. Anti-Man ate Sentry's lunch and at one point took on all of the Avengers (Wonder Man, She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, Ares, Iron Man, etc.) with Sentry and the Blue Marvel, and held his own for awhile. If Adam is able to tap the same infinite reservoir of power on demand, then he could very well be in this discussion. Until someone officially establishes that as the case, I'm content with leaving Brashear out of the discussion as Marvel's strongest character. For now.