Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I had heard from some on here stating Blue Marvel is the strongest, but where can I see and read about his actual feats?
    Blue Marvel's strength feats are almost exclusively limited to Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel series...if we're talking purely about him moving or lifting things. In that series he stops an asteroid the size/mass of Arkansas from impacting the Earth and redirects its orbit. In terms of his fighting prowess, however, particularly with respect to defeating other "incalculably" strong opponents, those feats are spread across various titles. You can probably just google that stuff.

As a Blue Marvel fan, I disagree that he is THE strongest. But if you're putting together a list of the heavy hitters, his name should come up in the discussion, just as Superman's name would come up in the discussion, if this topic was about DC characters.

Thanks for the info, Judicator.

Like most people, I do have my list of top-tier candidates and need to read up to see where to put BM.

Sentry and Thanos are likely top dogs in terms of raw brute strength.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Probably The Sentry.

Juggernaut I reckon. Or the Hyperion that can move planets.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The answer is and always will be HULK, baseline or other.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

From powerlisting.fandom.com

Strength Infinitum
    The power to possess continuously increasing strength. Not be confused with Absolute Strength.

Capabilities
    User has strength that increases over time without limit to how strong they can become and can increase their strength for essentially forever. This makes their potential for strength limitless and immeasurable, allowing them to perform any feat of strength in time. With training users can learn to control their might to helps them in situations that require greater strength.

Limitations
    Strength increases without limit, but is still finite at any point in time. Absolute Strength can overcome this power.

Known Users
    Kryptonians (DC Comics)
    Superman/Kal-El (DC Comics); via exposing to yellow sun
    Bruce Banner/Hulk (Marvel Comics)
    Hela (Marvel Cinematic Universe); while on Asgard

Absolute Strength
    The power to possess a limitless level of strength. Sub-power of Absolute Condition. The highest form of Enhanced Strength.

Capabilities
    The user is able to go toe-to-toe and even surpass the strongest of beings with nothing but the raw force of their physical blows. Any level of weight the user needs to lift or move is irrelevant as their body can emit limitless amount of force that can repel an object of any mass.
    With this ability, the user could travel massive distances in a single jump, unleash strikes of unparalleled might, obliterate massive life forms with one hit, cause destructive quakes by smashing the ground, shatter planets with their fists, tear through/create space-time anomalies with their strength, etc. It should also be noted that they are immune to all powers that could manipulate, affect or rob them of their strength.

Known Users
    Hercules (Marvel Comics)
    Adam Bernard Brashear/Blue Marvel (Marvel Comics)
    Beyonder (Marvel Comics)
    Dormammu (Marvel Comics)
    Galan/Galactus (Marvel Comics)
    The One-Above-All (Marvel Comics)
    Thought Robot Superman (DC Comics)
    Soulfire Darkseid (DC Comics)
    Cythonna (DC Comics)
    Yuga Khan (DC Comics)

Known Objects
    Power Gem (Marvel Comics)
    These definitions make sense to me by the way and it's objective or objective enough for being a fan made website.
    Characters like hercules,blue marvel,galactus already have limitless strength while characters like hulk,thor,wonder woman and superman do not.

Characters that already have limitless strength should always be stronger and are stronger then characters that are described to have potential for limitless strength like hulk and superman.

Going by these definitions i would say blue marvel and hercules are the strongest superheroes on marvel earth.
    I say blue marvel is the strongest superhero known.
    I am not sure about merged sentry yet.
    He is not normal sentry so it's possible or not.
    I have to see more.
    Now for the more stronger characters in marvel that would be characters like the one above all and galactus for example.
    It's clear that the strongest character in marvel is The One-Above-All.

https://powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Strength_Infinitum
    https://powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Absolute_Strength
    Last edited by mace11; 12-07-2019 at 12:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Most of Blue marvel's lifting feats and some of his striking strength feats are in his mini but later books show a good amount of striking strength feats.
    In fact there are way more striking strength feats outside his mini.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-29-2019 at 05:44 PM.

BANNED

There is no such thing as a baseline Hulk.

Hulk transforms into different levels of power depending on what is that triggered the transformation.

If someone pushes Banner on his ass he would get mildly angry and transform into Hulk

If someone shoots Betty in the head in front of his eyes he would get super angry and transform immediately into a much more powerful Hulk.

I have no idea where this baseline nonsense comes from. At one point Hulk went from Banner(smiling) to transforming into the Hulk and almost breaking the continent just from transforming alone and all of that happened in the span of a single page.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I have no idea where this baseline nonsense comes from.
    It comes from Marvel. It was officially mentioned in the old OHOTMU, but has been repeated on several occasions by Marvel creators over the years. It's also pretty much implied when you consider that the Hulk gets stronger the madder he gets. It means at some point there is a floor for Hulk's strength level when he's "calm." Whatever that is, people are going to call it his base level. At that level, no, Hulk isn't ripping a black hole into two. He does have to get pretty darn riled up to achieve some of the top end feats. Blame Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It comes from Marvel. It was officially mentioned in the old OHOTMU, but has been repeated on several occasions by Marvel creators over the years. It's also pretty much implied when you consider that the Hulk gets stronger the madder he gets. It means at some point there is a floor for Hulk's strength level when he's "calm." Whatever that is, people are going to call it his base level. At that level, no, Hulk isn't ripping a black hole into two. He does have to get pretty darn riled up to achieve some of the top end feats. Blame Marvel.
    To be honest though, how mad can one really get? Can one become "madder" when already furious? Surely the emotion of anger is not limitless lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It comes from Spiderman when he was going around explaining all the heroes as he sees them, but it has no actual merit in reality, because there IS NO SUCH THING AS BASELINE STRENGTH for Hulk.

You are also misunderstanding me here, i never said Hulk doesn't have to get angry to do some insane things, he clearly has to, the point i am making is he does not have some baseline level of strength that he transforms into every time he goes from Bruce to Banner, a freshly transformed Hulk almost broke a continent just by standing in place. There simply is no "floor" for Hulks baseline strength, because there is no baseline strength, sometimes Hulk can be calm and still be Hulk, sometimes he gets calm and transforms into Banner, then there are different versions of Hulk that have different levels of strength altogether: Grey Hulk, Merged Hulk, Savage Hulk, Green Scar, Immortal Hulk, etc... Hulk is a character whose strength is constantly in fluctuation, so trying to pint point what is his absolute bottom strong as well as his absolute highest is pretty pointless and goes against the logic of Hulk.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 12-07-2019 at 06:55 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    To be honest though, how mad can one really get? Can one become "madder" when already furious? Surely the emotion of anger is not limitless lol
    In real world no, at some point anger turns to apathy, but i comics anger can be limitless if the writers wish it so. I do actually remember once or twice Hulk has been referred to as having limitless anger. I know Jim Starlin definitely said it once.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    That's just it: from a psychological standpoint, extreme rage can have a paralytic effect. The mind and body just shuts down. But this is comics, and don't even try to have a rational discussion with Hulk fans about the limitations of rage. They'll just say that Hulk has unlimited levels of rage and therefore unlimited strength. Oh, and no matter how mad he gets, he's always in control. One of my friends is a huge Hulk fan. Like cultists, don't bother trying to have a sensible conversation about the Hulk with them. They won't listen.

Hulk is the strongest there is