View Poll Results: Your Opinion of the Redesign?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVE IT

10 9.52%
  • LIKE IT

30 28.57%
  • 100% INDIFFERENT TO IT

25 23.81%
  • DISLIKE IT

27 25.71%
  • HATE IT

13 12.38%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    First image makes me say no. Second image makes me say okay. Both images make me say I pity the fool that has to draw her on a tight schedule.
    This is pretty much my thoughts as well. Not fond of it over all. Makes me laugh thinking about the turmoil it will throw into schedules just trying to draw the thing.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If she bends forward too fast won't that pointy part at the waist jab her?
    Yeah, that doesn't look very practical. It's weird when an artist draws armor with the same properties as if it were cloth. You can only stand up in that getup.

My only real issue with it is the gigantic head wings. Those are way too massive!
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

While I liked the other one a lot; I am okay with this one since it is more respectable (wish it was gold, though).

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Gillen on his tumblr said they were going for a glam rock look and that it had plot specific reasons, which I guess is cool. I prefer the Hans painting (but honestly who can't love a Hans painting), but I think I would like it if it was a little more toned down in the hair and mask area. Still better than a metal bikini and a belt that had no possible way of staying on her waist.

I like it. I like that she no long looks like she's eternally trapped in the '90s. It's still not a great design, but it's not bad. And as always, Hans' image is gorgeous.

Reminds me of a digimon, truth be told. The armor looks nicely ornate but as others have said it definitely could be toned down a lot. I appreciate getting to see it in two different styles though.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I hate the hair and if she's wearing armor why is her hips exposed like that?

I am surprisingly a big fan of this redesign. Unlike Spider-Woman Marvel didn't try to make her costume more PA or something she isn't. They gave Angela a costume that fits her personality and abilities. She looks like an absolute warrior who still says "I am a strong woman and who cares if I look hot while I kick the crap out of you" Nothing wrong with this change at all.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    Reminds me of a digimon, truth be told. The armor looks nicely ornate but as others have said it definitely could be toned down a lot. I appreciate getting to see it in two different styles though.
    She'd need more blades/spikes belts and guns to be a digimon though. Ha Ha.

I like her new look, she still looks like she should be on the cover of a dio album, but more covered up. At least she isn't wearing a jacket or goggles.

Extraordinary Member

I don't mind most of it, but the hair!!!!!

I can't imagine this is a permanent outfit. Probably just an occasional treat.

BANNED

PROBLEMS
    - the wings of the head piece are too long
    - yeah the sharp point to the belly is bad
    THE GOOD
    - like the part of the head piece that flows around the eyes
    - love the poof of hair
    - love the silver and Jimenez's rendering of the silver is supurb
    - still sexy
    UNCLEAR IF GOOD OR FAULTS
    - the wings are really big lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    My only real issue with it is the gigantic head wings. Those are way too massive!
    Maybe they'll help stabilize her in flight?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Does she even need armor? She's an angel. Figured it was more ceremonial and really for show.
    My guess is that someone will establish that Angela is purely a spiritual being, and because mortals and other "unchaste" beings cannot perceive such things in truest form, both her armor and her sword are how we see her, not how she really appears.

That kind of goes hand in hand with the general conceptualization of angels. They are usually depicted to match our mores and cultural proclivities. Take their wings. If I recall my old world religion classes accurately, the earliest depictions of angels didn't have wings at all. The wings were borrowed from either the Greeks or the Romans, who worshipped winged Victory (and other winged gods and beasts) back around 350 or 400 AD. Once Christianity took root in the region, angels became depicted more and more frequently as winged creatures.

Getting back to Angela, she's always had armor, albeit scantily. I suppose making her the child of Odin pretty much leaves the artist with no choice but to give her some kind of armor in the Marvel Universe as well.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 02-02-2015 at 01:31 PM.

At least she's got some pants on now. Couldn't have faced reading a book in public with a Warhammer elf stripper on the cover.