Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Doc Green Flexes Mental & Physical Might in Act II of Duggan's "Omega Hulk"

Writer Gerry Duggan tells CBR about the schemes of super smart Hulk, Doc Green, and how the greater Marvel Universe becomes embroiled in them.

Full article here.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I can't wait to see Doc Green confront Jen Walters. As the first member of the Hulk family, she has the most experience and is the most successful at integrating her Hulk persona into her overall life. Plus she's a legal genius so she has the smarts to talk down Doc if need be.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

So lyra get's sent back to her own timeline that's going to be wiped out anyways, hopefully she shows back up in Secret Wars.

For most of this first arc, we've been left to wonder about the ethics of Doc Green, as well as his motivations. The end of issue #9 features two scenes that suggest we should be worried about the road the character is on and his ruthless methods: his threatening of Betty Ross' life, and the dream he has about becoming the malevolent future incarnation of the Hulk known as the Maestro.
    This sums it up for me. I guess that Duggan won't reveal Doc Green's motivation until the last chapter of Omega Hulk?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Given Maestro's gonna be in Secret Wars I'm really curious about him and Doc Green crossing paths now.

I am loving this run of Hulk...err Doc Green. Gerry Duggan's been killing it will the Marvel books they are an absolute blast to read.

Spectacular Member

Doc Green VS. Thanos please!

BANNED

I am absolutely LOVING Duggan's Hulk and I'm glad to hear there'll be more to come after Omega Hulk concludes. If had to to pick Marvel's most underrated title right now, I think I'd have to go with HULK. Issue after issue, Duggan and Bagley have been killing it. So, so good.

Fantastic Member

I have not been reading this series, but I may pick it up to see what happens to Jen. It doesn't sound good. One disagreement I have with Gerry Duggan: Jen very definitely defines herself as She-Hulk. She never changes back to her human form (unless she absolutely has to); that pretty much says it all. She far, far prefers to be SH, who is her assertive alter-ego in every sense of the word. To lose her SH power would be an absolutely devastating blow to her sense of self. I am a bit concerned that Duggan doesn't see that and it makes me wonder how he will write her when (as it seems) she loses her powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    So lyra get's sent back to her own timeline that's going to be wiped out anyways, hopefully she shows back up in Secret Wars.
    I was wondering how Duggan would pull off getting rid of Lyra in this storyline. Plus, it would,connect back to Doc Green time as a member of the Illuminati and the events in the Avengers titles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    I have not been reading this series, but I may pick it up to see what happens to Jen. It doesn't sound good. One disagreement I have with Gerry Duggan: Jen very definitely defines herself as She-Hulk. She never changes back to her human form (unless she absolutely has to); that pretty much says it all. She far, far prefers to be SH, who is her assertive alter-ego in every sense of the word. To lose her SH power would be an absolutely devastating blow to her sense of self. I am a bit concerned that Duggan doesn't see that and it makes me wonder how he will write her when (as it seems) she loses her powers.
    Two words: Restraining Order.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I do not read The Hulk, so I have a question: Is doctor Green Banner Hulk or a new character?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I do not read The Hulk, so I have a question: Is doctor Green Banner Hulk or a new character?
    Banner is no longer in control, instead a super intelligent persona of the Hulk named Doc Green is.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    A new Hulk persona that emerged because of the Extremis that was used to heal Bruce's brain damage.

I hope duggan doesn't do something really stupid depower one of the most popular female marvel characters. That will really work out for them.